• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon for Wii U? wtf? [Up: Now at Best Buys]

Neiteio

not happening as the game features a ds as luigis gps
The GameCube original featured a Game Boy Color as Luigi's GPS.

As for my two cents on this whole subject -- it seems plausible, insofar as the game took several years for Next Level Games to make, and Nintendo might want to squeeze some extra mileage out of it on the WiiU.

It's also the Year of Luigi.

I'd double-dip, for sure.

Hadn't gotten around to getting this on the 3DS, a Wii U port sounds perfect. I far prefer games on my television than my handhelds.

If they want to move anything else from 3DS to Wii U (Kid Icarus?) I definitely wouldn't mind!

This and Kid Icarus: Uprising would be perfect in HD, especially if they changed up the pacing in Luigi's Mansion so you don't get booted out of the mansion every time you accomplish something.

Glass Joe

Neiteio

Yeah, while I certainly think a WiiU version is possible, I wouldn't take a customer service rep's word as gospel in a case like this.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Did recently Direct said that Luigi Mansion: DArk Moon and Kid Icarus Uprising are getting special contents or something like that?

hatchx

Banned
I doubt this is happening.

That, and, does anyone really want this? They'd have to do a lot more than bump up the resolution to make this game look proper on a next-gen console. It's pretty low-poly and mission structure is bite-sized.

Excellent on a handheld, but on a console not really.

Neiteio

That, and, does anyone really want this? They'd have to do a lot more than bump up the resolution to make this game look proper on a next-gen console. It's pretty low-poly and mission structure is bite-sized.

Actually, I'd argue the missions were a bit long for a portable, due to the inability to save mid-mission and the amount of backtracking involved. The whole game feels like it's straining the 3DS to the limit. Chances are higher-res assets, etc, exist at NGL and would translate well to WiiU. The levels are already intricate in their geometry and environmental detail, and the characters are insanely well-animated. You wouldn't need to tweak much to get it looking great on WiiU. The increased lighting, resolution and framerate, along with true twin-stick controls, could work nicely for this game.

Roo

Just imagine..
Dark Moon using NintendoLand's Luigi's Mansion minigame lighting
I think I came a little.

I hope it is true

jmizzal

It should come to WiiU
If WWHD took 6 months, i'm sure they can get this out fast too.

Bring Kid Icarus Uprising over too I will be there day 1

Just imagine..
Dark Moon using NintendoLand's Luigi's Mansion minigame lighting
I think I came a little.

I hope it is true

Speaking of that, it would be great if they included another online mode. Maybe similar to the Nintendo land game? Perfect opportunity, I think.

I do really hope this is true. I've been wanting to get it but I'm just not big into portable gaming.

Drago

Forget Luigi's Mansion. Get Kid Icarus Uprising up on the WiiU with proper IR aiming and controls and upgraded graphics. Add in a few more missions, unlockabkes, and full online multiplayer and I'll be there day 0.

Interesting:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CCKNHJC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

ybC9wyt.png

Tu5ablA.png

UPC: 045496680145

hatchx

Banned
Actually, I'd argue the missions were a bit long for a portable, due to the inability to save mid-mission and the amount of backtracking involved. The whole game feels like it's straining the 3DS to the limit. Chances are higher-res assets, etc, exist at NGL and would translate well to WiiU. The levels are already intricate in their geometry and environmental detail, and the characters are insanely well-animated. You wouldn't need to tweak much to get it looking great on WiiU. The increased lighting, resolution and framerate, along with true twin-stick controls, could work nicely for this game.

Ugh, I hope it's not happening. I'd rather the guys at Next Level Games spend their time and resources on a new game. I don't care how desperate the WiiU is, I've already played this game and so have a ton of Nintendo fans. Only hardcore gaffers are going to double dip.

I have been saying this for a minute and this game is a great addition to Wii U library.

With that being said, New Egg? Not exactly promising but very welcomed if true.

sphagnum

Banned
If it's true, I wonder if we might see more of this sort of thing coming down the line to pad out the Wii U lineup. Especially since the handheld and console software teams have been consolidated, and Iwata has been talking about trying to create multiple devices with a unified OS's and whatnot. Now obviously that doesn't apply to Luigi's Mansion, but I could see them testing the waters for putting out the same game across multiple platforms.

Considering I haven't gotten Dark Moon yet, if they released on Wii U I'd probably get it there.
Hell there's a chance I'd double dip if I liked the game enough
. Would be nice to see, especially if it came out sometime this month for Halloween or something.

Wild guess, what if it's the game Armature is making for this winter and maybe with Bluepoint (the NA HD-remake king), just a random top of my head guess. XD

Ugh, I hope it's not happening. I'd rather the guys at Next Level Games spend their time and resources on a new game. I don't care how desperate the WiiU is, I've already played this game and so have a ton of Nintendo fans. Only hardcore gaffers are going to double dip.

Based on WWHD and interviews with Nintendo, isn't it now known that ports to WiiU take very little time and dev power?

Mory Dunz

It should've been developed for the Wii U in the first place. The sequel is meant to look better than the original.

So all those Kingdom Hearts games shouldn't have existed on any handhelds by that logic.

Well...that argument might have merit with certain people.

Glass Joe

My god, it hasn't even been a YEAR! It doesn't make sense to me at all.

I agree. The 3DS one is still selling, right? Them trying for "evergreen" titles and all. Also, probably a lot of the Wii U audience already has this on 3DS, hence people talking about double dipping.

It would make a lot more sense to do a direct sequel or remake the first, or some combination of. Easier to convince the fans of Dark Moon to buy it that way.

hatchx

Banned
Based on WWHD and interviews with Nintendo, isn't it now known that ports to WiiU take very little time and dev power?

It's one thing to revamp a ten year old console Zelda title. It's another to port a year-old 3DS game.

I know it only took TWWhd 6 months to make, but I'd rather have NLG's next title 6 months earlier.

EulaCapra

So conflicted since I was planning on buying Dark Moon this week via Toysrus' BOGO 40% off. Whatever you do, leak or be debunked by next Sunday!

While it would be nice to see a visually upgraded version of Dark Moon, I too would like to see NLG working on something brand new instead.

I would like to see this, but it's true that it doesn't need it. IMO, It should have been developed for Wii U in the first place, but that ship sailed. I think that instead of porting new games, they should continue reviving older ones. And if any game deserves a remake right now, it's Metroid Prime.

I sure as hell do!

hatchx

Banned
I would like to see this, but it's true that it doesn't need it. IMO, It should have been developed for Wii U in the first place, but that ship sailed. I think that instead of porting new games, they should continue reviving older ones. And if any game deserves a remake right now, it's Metroid Prime.

Metroid Prime Trilogy was a fine "remake" and it only came out recently.

If any game needs a remake, it's F-Zero GX on WiiU and Majoras Mask on 3DS.

unless they add in some brand new modes, it doesn't really seem very nintendo like to port from handheld to console. The only instance I know of where they've done something similar is the Warioware port from gba to GCN, which featured a new multiplayer mode.

gba release: March 21, 2003
gcn release: October 17, 2003

Top Bottom