• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon for Wii U? wtf? [Up: Now at Best Buys]

The_Lump

Banned
Hope it's true. WiiU is already pretty much the only console I'm using right now, this would tip it into total domination (until Christmas at least, or when my beta Steambox arrives)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
My bullshit detector went off

If they're going to make a HD remake of any 3DS game, it better be Kid Icarus

3DS games stay on 3DS.

Wii U games stay on Wii U.

You don't mix software. That's bad mojo.

Unless it's software I want on the platform I like most.

to be fair I always own Nintendo handhelds but I always blame them when the home console suffers think about it? If Nintendo had no handheld to support all of that would have been HD Wii U magic

but then I remember JAPAN only buys handhelds lol

Nintendo needs to make a phone and call it quite at home if this is what they are going for.

greg400

Banned
to be fair I always own Nintendo handhelds but I always blame them when the home console suffers think about it? If Nintendo had no handheld to support all of that would have been HD Wii U magic

Nintendo needs to make a phone and call it quite at home if this is what they are going for.
I think the best route for them would be to make some dockable handheld. They can put all of their effort into a single platform as opposed to dividing their attention. Of course the issue with this is if it bombs they're screwed and have no second device to save them. They would also lose revenue from users who own both of Nintendo's platforms.

I keep forgetting RE Revelation was 3DS first but ported in HD to many other platforms

3DS to HD cannot be that simple but I wonder how many more of these we could end up with

Bravely Default U

I think the best route for them would be to make some dockable handheld. They can put all of their effort into a single platform as opposed to dividing their attention. Of course the issue with this is if it bombs they're screwed and have no second device to save them. They would also lose revenue from users who own both of Nintendo's platforms.

I just want the home and handheld to share games like PS4 Vita
I understand why Sony is doing it but just wish Nintendo was also thinking this way

VeeP

Nintendo should make something like the Vita TV & Vita. A portable console, that you can play on your TV with a proper controller when your home.

Edit: I don't mean for the 3DS but Nintendo's next console/portable. Have "one" system, not two.

Nintendo should make something like the Vita TV & Vita. A portable console, that you can play on your TV with a proper controller when your home.

Sony already sold a crap ton of PS3s they can afford to play that game but Nintendo cannot put a 3DS alone player for your TV that does not need any help from the Wii U

that would just help kill off Wii U faster

Yuripaw

Banned
That's so weird if it's true, because I totally had a dream last night where I was playing Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon on the Wii U.

Seik

Banned
RcB8Yg5.gif

Would double-dip in a heartbeat.

It better have a graphical update if that's true though.

VeeP

Sony already sold a crap ton of PS3s they can afford to play that game but Nintendo cannot put a 3DS alone player for your TV that does not need any help from the Wii U

that would just help kill off Wii U faster

I don't mean for the 3DS, I mean for Nintendo's next eventual console. Nintendo's biggest strength is there software. If they created only one platform, they could focus all there efforts on that.

Handhelds are more popular in Japan, Consoles are more popular in the western world I'm guessing. Why not try and kill two birds with one stone?

I wanted Kid Icarus since I just finished Dark Moon, since Nintendo is doing HD remakes isn't Luigi's Mansion GC a more logical choice after Wind Waker?

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo takes a page from Sony's playbook here and does a sort of "Nintendo 3DS Greats Remastered" for Wii U much like how Sony eventually made PSP Remasters for the PS3, which was a great idea for them.

greg400

Banned
I don't mean for the 3DS, I mean for Nintendo's next eventual console. Nintendo's biggest strength is there software. If they created only one platform, they could focus all there efforts on that.

Handhelds are more popular in Japan, Consoles are more popular in the western world I'm guessing. Why not try and kill two birds with one stone?
Based on Iwata's statements here:
http://www.videogamer.com/news/nintendo_discusses_its_next-gen_strategy_beyond_wii_u_and_3ds.html

I'm expecting Nintendo to release the same games for both platforms with the only difference being graphical fidelity come next generation.

Coolwhip

Banned
This is what I had in mind for the next Nintendo systems. Easy to crossport between portable and homeconsole. With the homeconsole versions running in 1080/60 with improved effects and textures.

Majukun

well at least it would be on a console with two analogue sticks,like a luigi's mansion is meant to be played

The_Lump

Banned
I like your optimism kid.

"Valve Fans: Living on Blind Faith Since 2004®"

Pathetic if true. Yet again rehashing old games to fill the self inflicted void.

Well we all know there's not many games/little 3rd party support, so what's pathetic about trying to fill the gaps with quick and easy ports of truly great games? They can hardly plug the gaps with a new Zelda/Metroid/AAA title out of the blue. I mean I agree it's their own poor planning that's put them here, but we should all have come to terms with this situation by now; WiiU is in the shits release schedule wise. Its no reason to shrug off any attempt to correct the situation though imo.

In simpler terms: "I'll take it"

HarlockJC

Banned
Ever wonder if this was one of the reasons for the Pad to begin with. Nintendo did rather well with the SNES and GC addons. Now they can do it with 3DS games, might be away to get more 3rd party on as well.

Taker666

I'd sooner they reused the assets to make a new game but I never got around to buying the 3DS version...so I'd buy this..provided they included a 3D mode for 3Dtv's.

Personally I was hoping for a Wii U Zapper based Luigi's Mansion FPS.

Considering the lack of 3rd party support, quick 3DS/GC HD ports do make sense (even though they won't push hardware).The original version looks great so this should survive the transition to HD well.

If they can get a quick 3DS to Wii U port engine working then stuff like Pilotwings and the 3DS versions of Ocarina /starfox would make more sense on the eshop than the original versions would..as all will transfer better to HD.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Please no more old ports Nintendo, spend your resources on something useful, like NEW games. Or, if you have to port old stuff, port games that didnt get released here in the first place, like Mother 1,3 or some Suare Enix-games like Live A Live, Seiken Densetsu 3, Alcahest or Bahamot Lagoon!

Vagabundo

3DS games stay on 3DS.

Wii U games stay on Wii U.

You don't mix software. That's bad mojo.

Unless it's software I want on the platform I like most.

It's the whole point of the reorg they have been going through to reuse assets for games on both platforms?

If so I'd say we'll be seeing a lot more duel releases.

Coolwhip

Banned
Please no more old ports Nintendo, spend your resources on something useful, like NEW games. Or, if you have to port old stuff, port games that didnt get released here in the first place, like Mother 1,3 or some Suare Enix-games like Live A Live, Seiken Densetsu 3, Alcahest or Bahamot Lagoon!

You realise they outsource most work of these ports? Nintendo should spend that warchest.

L~A

To be honest, I'd rather have an enhanced port of the original Luigi's Mansion on the 3DS, rather than Luigi's Mansion 2 HD on Wii U...

Heyt

Banned
I'm inclined to think it's a typo on de distributor's page. But if it's true WiiU's lineup for 2014 looks like is going to be a hard thing for Nintendo to fill.

If I had a WiiU would not double dip (I'm on the 6th Mansion now on 3DS and even if the first impressions of the game were great I have the feeling that they didn't do much with it), but if the released a Kid Icarus Uprising port with updated visuals and WiiMote compatibility it would help a lot change my perception of the console. Kind of cynical, I know.

Sendou

Personally I wouldn't want to see ports of Nintendo 3DS games on Wii U. Part of what makes Nintendo's handhelds so viable is the unique lineup which is not shared with their home console. You could argue that it's the Wii U that needs all the help it can get but still. If they want to fill the gaps in the release schedule with ports I would like to see more ports of N64 and GameCube (or even Wii) games rather than games released very recently. Or they could actually man up and make Virtual Console something good.

In the end it doesn't matter much. Like stated before Nintendo likes out-sourcing these ports and it's easy enough for people to ignore them if they don't feel like they meet their standards.

HarlockJC

Banned
Personally I wouldn't want to see ports of Nintendo 3DS games on Wii U. Part of what makes Nintendo's handhelds so viable is the unique lineup which is not shared with their home console.

On both the SNES and GC you could buy attachments that allowed you to play your GB games on your home console.

Morfeo

You realise they outsource most work of these ports? Nintendo should spend that warchest.

They could use those outsorced studios to make something new, like a new F-Zero, Kid Icarus Wii U, Star Tropics or anything. If I already played and own the game, I wont have any interest in buying it again, so spend those resources on new stuff please.

Coolwhip

Banned
They could use those outsorced studios to make something new, like a new F-Zero, Kid Icarus Wii U, Star Tropics or anything. If I already played and own the game, I wont have any interest in buying it again, so spend those resources on new stuff please.

A few junior developers redoing textures should make a new big Wii U game?

Morfeo

A few junior developers redoing textures should make a new big Wii U game?

It doesnt have to be big, and they doesnt have to do them alone. They could help out the main Nintendo studios or whatever, or the money spent on them should be used elsewhere. These remakes are just a complete waste of time.

Top Bottom