• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon for Wii U? wtf? [Up: Now at Best Buys]

The news seems to stem from a distributor listing:

WBnB5Td.png

Other listings:

s1CYJQJ.png

lBkRO0o.png

AL4aA46.png

All of the sites that have it must have put up the information when they saw the distributor had it as a potential option.

Metroid Prime Trilogy was a fine "remake" and it only came out recently.

If any game needs a remake, it's F-Zero GX on WiiU and Majoras Mask on 3DS.

I'd wouldn't call that a remake at all. Only changes were the controls, and while they were a great addition, it's nowhere near what WWHD is. New lighting, tweaked gameplay mechanics, etc. It's also worth mentioning that Trilogy was a limited run.

hatchx

Banned
I'd wouldn't call that a remake at all. Only changes were the controls, and while they were a great addition, it's nowhere near what WWHD is. New lighting, tweaked gameplay mechanics, etc. It's also worth mentioning that Trilogy was a limited run.

I don't know, it's not that I wouldn't LOVE a Metroid Prime remake. Maybe I just feel like it's a waste of resources. It's not like Nintendo is churning out new, grandiose adventures these days.

Tohsaka

Kind of hope it's a mistake. I'm tired of buying 3DS versions of games that get ported to HD consoles, this would be the third time it's happened.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Says quite a lot of the Wii U is regressing to 3DS ports.

Shaanyboi

Banned
god damnit...

I'm flying out to Calgary to visit my parents tomorrow morning, and was planning on bringing LM2 with me since I haven't started it yet.

If this is true, then... gaahhhh. If it's a port, then whatever. If it's an upgraded version or something, I'd rather play that instead.

I don't know, it's not that I wouldn't LOVE a Metroid Prime remake. Maybe I just feel like it's a waste of resources. It's not like Nintendo is churning out new, grandiose adventures these days.

Oh yeah, I mean I would much rather them put resources towards actually making new games. Ports and remakes should always come second.

Hmm, looks like this is probably happening. Truth be told, though, I'm surprised an HD, twin-stick Wii U version of Kid Icarus: Uprising isn't happening first. I would buy the SHIT out of that.

A Wii U version of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon... I'm not sure. But I hope this leads to an HD version of Kid Icarus: Uprising...

greg400

Banned
Well damn, I had zero interest in playing this on 3DS but would gladly pick it up on Wii U. I've also yet to play KI:Uprising and may hold off if this is a new trend they plan on doing.

Lumyst

Maybe it'll come down to ports and indies, where have I heard that before :p I do wonder, if the WiiU doesn't gain momentum this Holiday, then does Nintendo continue try-try-trying to get the expanded audience, or do they settle down and decide to give the existing userbase what it wants (traditional Nintendo IPs).

Tohsaka

You could, you know, NOT buy it.

I know, and I won't. I didn't buy the console version of Resident Evil: Revelations and I won't buy the port of Castlevania, either. I'm just tired of it happening because I'd rather play games like that on a console with much better graphics. I buy handhelds for exclusives.

If it's true then I don't think porting 3DS games is the way to get Wii U sales. I guess it could be one of their "experiments" with HD like Wind Waker but the game isn't even a year old.

Pulling numbers out of my ass here but I bet a lot of Wii U owners already have a 3DS and most likely played Dark Moon already. I LOVE Luigi, Luigi's Mansion and everything related but I wouldn't double dip for an HD port.

Next Level (and Nintendo) should be focusing on new projects. Like a new Luigi's Mansion designed from the beginning to take advantage of Wii U's features? Or something else entirely.

hatchx

Banned
Hmm, looks like this is probably happening. Truth be told, though, I'm surprised an HD, twin-stick Wii U version of Kid Icarus: Uprising isn't happening first. I would buy the SHIT out of that.

A Wii U version of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon... I'm not sure. But I hope this leads to an HD version of Kid Icarus: Uprising...

Really? LM2 has already sold 3x the LTD of Kid Icarus and in 1/3rd the time.

jmizzal

Really? LM2 has already sold 3x the LTD of Kid Icarus and in 1/3rd the time.

I think they mean Kid Icarus coming first due to it being out way longer the LM2, I agree it should come out first.

This is year of Luigi, Dec is pretty empty for WiiU, I can see them putting it out in Dec.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I think they mean Kid Icarus coming first due to it being out way longer the LM2, I agree it should come out first.

This is year of Luigi, Dec is pretty empty for WiiU, I can see them putting it out in Dec.

I'd think they'd have announced it by now if it's coming in December

Yeah man, it says DOOOOOMED. :p

Resident Evil Revelation got ported to three systems. PS3 is swimming in HD ports of older games. Who cares as long as it's just complementing exclusive software? Dark Moon is one of the better games this year. I say port it up, as long as they include the dual analog option that was conspicuously absent from the original. Also, Kid Icarus with pointer controls, please.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
3DS games stay on 3DS.

Wii U games stay on Wii U.

You don't mix software. That's bad mojo.

Unless it's software I want on the platform I like most.

TDLink

I liked Dark Moon but unless they added more content to the game I couldn't see myself diving in again in HD, even for $40.

Now, Kid Icarus on the other hand I would be all over. The multiplayer especially would be really fun on a console.

Haines

Banned
I dont really see this one happening. Even M him self has said he wanted the sequel to be in 3D, thus why it is on 3DS.

Desperate Nintendo could possibly be in a position to try and get more games on the WiiU, sure, but I have my doubts.

If it ends up being real, it would have to have to be more than a port to interest me. The 3DS version is good enough.

Amikami

Banned
Hell yeah if true. I've been wanting to get dark moon. If this is true than I can congratulate myself for the one time I had the self-control to wait and see. would love to play on the wii-U

Zalman

Odd move if true. If they really want to have more games out quickly, they should port GameCube/Wii games to the Wii U - not 3DS games that came out less than a year ago.

greg400

Banned
I'm actually surprised Nintendo hasn't released some sort of 3DS/DS player for Wii U. Obviously a DS player wouldn't have worked on Wii but with the Wii U all the pieces are there to make it work.

I'm actually surprised Nintendo hasn't released some sort of 3DS/DS player for Wii U. Obviously a DS player wouldn't have worked on Wii but with the Wii U all the pieces are there to make it work.

It's more cost effective to just leverage new games across both systems hence why Donkey Kong Country Returns ended up on both Wii and 3DS (and I expect the sequel to follow a similar pattern). I also won't be surprised if 3D World ends up on 3DS as well.

Nekofrog

Banned
You know what? I'd buy this*. The 3DS version had awful aliasing that ruined the experience for me, plus the controls were painful on my poor thumbs.

*when Nintendo fixes their account system.

Glass Joe

It's more cost effective to just leverage new games across both systems hence why Donkey Kong Country Returns ended up on both Wii and 3DS (and I expect the sequel to follow a similar pattern). I also won't be surprised if 3D World ends up on 3DS as well.

DKC Returns was released on Wii in November 2010. The 3DS port was May 2013. That's a pretty wide spread and it's safe to say the Wii version's sales had peaked way before then. If Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon came to Wii U it would compete with itself since the 3DS version is still enjoying brisk sales. It's just too soon. If the SKU is an indication of a Wii U version I think it would be a sequel or remake of the first.

Rubius

Probably a mistake, but I would double dip that chip.

I would copy that floppy. Even more if they include the original in it. But I doubt it. They would wait at least a year or two before doing that. The 3DS goes too well to give the Wii U the rest of the sales, you dont want to send the message "Dont buy the game for the 3DS, because it may be coming to the Wii U".
Wouldnt be good sale wise.
Even worst if you do that to the Wii U. "Why buy a Wii U? The games are coming to the 3DS" would kill the Wii U.
So probably no DK Tropical Freeze on the 3DS for at least 2-3-4 years.

wiimote IR pointing... you know it deep in your heart

Yes! This is one of the few things that would get me to buy a remake. I wouldn't rebuy Luigi (despite being a great game), and I hope Nintendo isn't spending any effort on remaking it. But Kid Icarus was made for pointer controls.

Xellos

Seems awfully soon for a Wii U port, but I'd double dip if it included GC Luigi's Mansion.

Also I'd be down for Kid Icarus HD or even SD if it had Wii pointer controls. The game was good, but stylus aiming was super uncomfortable.

Log4Girlz

3DS games stay on 3DS.

Wii U games stay on Wii U.

You don't mix software. That's bad mojo.

Unless it's software I want on the platform I like most.

I have no problems with all major handheld games coming to a console. I think next time around they should have every 4DS game from Nintendo show up on the Wii Z in HD.

Top Bottom