• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon for Wii U? wtf? [Up: Now at Best Buys]

If true that's ridiculously exciting. I JUST bought a Wii U this past weekend. I own LM2 on 3DS, but I'd certainly double dip for this.

I really hope this isn't true. Even if they give it to a B-tier team to do in 6 months, I'd rather have a small e-Shop exclusive than another remake.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I would love this to be one last Year of Luigi surprise. New Super Luigi U sold me on Wii U, so cool. But Luigi's Mansion, first in 12 years, man.

Oh wow, I would actually love to play through this again in HD with some new features. Probably my favorite game released this year! Very much hope this turns out to be true.

Eusis

no no no

SMT4 pls
Nintendo didn't develop that, and despite what some people were hoping (in poor judgement I thought) they didn't buy Atlus.

... With that said, Kid Icarus is probably one of those that screams for a Wii U update most.

zroid

Banned
weird that this might actually be happening...

it sure would be nice on a big screen with surround sound and all that, but still...

Nintendo didn't develop that, and despite what some people were hoping (in poor judgement I thought) they didn't buy Atlus.

... With that said, Kid Icarus is probably one of those that screams for a Wii U update most.

Wiimote pointer controls would resolve the game's only real issue. I think I would double dip on a wii u KI:U. A sequel would be better, though.

Lumyst

^^Even weirder to me is that Brain Age: Concentration Training WiiU would also be happening if Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon is happening. I wonder how that would possibly play in to a "casual" push for the WiiU if it's true.

Eusis

Wiimote pointer controls would resolve the game's only real issue.
Or Dual Analog for people who refuse to consider alternatives. Or we just get the same exact game but in HD using the touch screen and considering this is a Sakurai game we'd probably have all three options, basically the only way you lose is if they port it poorly.

Or Dual Analog for people who refuse to consider alternatives. Or we just get the same exact game but in HD using the touch screen and considering this is a Sakurai game we'd probably have all three options, basically the only way you lose is if they port it poorly.

Oh god, DA might work for ground, but air battles will be 10x more difficult if someone plays with that. I choose pointer/stylus.

I get used to odd ways of holding controllers quickly, so KI never bothered me

greg400

Banned
Are the controls really all that bad in Uprising? They look pretty similar to Metroid Prime Hunters which I enjoyed thoroughly.

Elija2

Seems like a weird game to port to the Wii U if they're actually doing it. It's a great game and all, but it's not exactly a system-seller. I guess maybe they want more Mario-related properties on the Wii U.

Eusis

Oh god, DA might work for ground, but air battles will be 10x more difficult if someone plays with that. I choose pointer/stylus.

I get used to odd ways of holding controllers quickly, so KI never bothered me
Well, I can the Game Pad being potentially better on Wii U as you can just let it lay in your lap and keep your eyes on the TV, then when you're on foot use the dual analog. Though that would've worked out on 3DS too had there been enough time to implement it.

Lumyst

Seems like a weird game to port to the Wii U if they're actually doing it. It's a great game and all, but it's not exactly a system-seller. I guess maybe they want more Mario-related properties on the Wii U.

I remember seeing a very large attach rate for NSMBU for the WiiU, so it very well could be a case of giving the current install base something it is likely to want. I've got the game on the 3DS so I'd pass if it's true, but it really does seem like a more involved "console-ish" game, perhaps more people could enjoy the game in console form.

klier

I don't have a 3DS (don't like handheld gaming) but Luigi's Mansion 2 updated for Wii U would be like a dream come true!! Badly, badly want this!
Also, please throw in a HD remake of the original Luigi's Mansion for GCN. That would just be incredible!!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Hmm. Luigi's Mansion 2 Wii U believability makes me wonder if a Direct isn't far away, to announce that and another port I've heard may be coming. On the other hand, it's a pretty safe Nintendo game I could see retailers throwing up as a "maybe" due to its success on the portable.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. If it's indeed getting Direct'd, I suspect that announcement shouldn't be far away.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I don't have a 3ds so I would love this to be true. If this will come out between Mario 3d World and DKC it would be really perfect.

Edit: it makes sense to be still part of the Year of Luigi, so maybe December?

Zekes!

If it's just Dark Moon, that sucks. I enjoyed DM, but it's "mission" and level structure is much more suited to a portable, versus the original's more open mansion.

I would have guessed Nintendo would give up on Brain Age by now knowing how the market for those type of games are all on smartphones and the games themselves are significantly more cheaper.

Rocky

Banned
Perhaps this will release when DK was originally supposed to in Dec. It kinda makes sense that they would want to release something else for the Wii U this holiday. If that leaked Gamestop Black Friday ad is any indication, Nintendo has a pretty lackluster holiday planned for the Wii U and they need something else to make it more enticing.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
...this port wouldn't be for Kid Icarus, would it? I don't want to hype myself for no reason :(

Not Brain Age or Kid Icarus. Not necessarily 3DS. All I know about the former and Dark Moon is what's written in this thread. I'm not really cluey on how reliable back-to-back entries a game on a retailer's system are, especially knowing that they're not always accurate. Once offs aren't trustworthy, but back-to-back recent entries give credibility. And I suppose both games would work just fine on the touch pad.

TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW

No! I can't personally vouch for the info's reliability (second hand) and I don't want to get hopes up and make myself look like an idiot if it turns out to be fluff. If it's true it's nice for logistical reasons, but not like a GAME CHANGER MEGATON or anything. Just a thing that might be coming, and doing much sooner rather than later.

The fact it hasn't been announced yet does make me wonder if it's BS. Should learn soon.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
there's actually one port I'm really hoping will come to Wii U.

Kadokawa recently announced that Rodea the Sky Soldier was still releasing, but I imagine they meant the 3DS version, as releasing a Wii game probably doesn't make sense at this point. Crossing my fingers the Wii version gets an uprez and an eshop release!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I still haven't played Dark Moon despite owning it since release day.

Top Bottom