• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee’s Despacito is the most-streamed track of all time

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The Verge

Since its release in January, Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee’s “Despacito” has racked up a total of 4.6 billion streams, making it the most-streamed song of all time. The record includes streams from the “Despacito” remix featuring Justin Bieber, which was released in April.

The track surpasses Justin Bieber’s 2015 track “Sorry,” which held the previous all-time streaming record with 4.38 billion plays. “Despacito” accumulated most of its streams on YouTube, where the original video has more than 2.6 billion streams, and the official remix stream on Fonsi’s channel has more than 400 million streams. On Spotify, the tracks have a combined total of around 1 billion streams, according to Business Insider.

PS: Despugcito Video :p

maxresdefault.jpg

DOWN

Banned
I find the song pretty lame but ok. Fonsi sounds like he’s faking his way into Reggaeton and Bieber sounds like he is acting because he doesn’t know any of the song

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
It's just so...meh. Bland and unoriginal, you could throw it in with any of the songs that came out during the reggaeton phase and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them.

I listen to A LOT of music daily....but I still have yet to hear this song lol. I know it's a YouTube or Spotify away but I've never actually heard it. I would have expect to hear it on TV or in some pushy ad somewhere but the fact that I haven't just doesn't make sense for the amount of hype this song has.

Dishwalla

Banned
This is one of those things I keep hearing so much about yet have somehow managed to avoid. I've heard part of the song on like three occasions, but never the full song. Not really sure how, I listen to radio quite a bit(although right now it's like 75% country 25% everything else).

TheMan

I just discovered this song a couple of weeks ago, it's pretty catchy. Don't listen to the radio much so i haven't gotten tired of it. Good for fonsi.

LosDaddie

Banned
My wife & daughter blast it every time we're on the road to the beach or Aquatica. EDIT: Bieber version

It's the Summer 2017 jam

Stasis

I'm not trying to be cool or edgy but I srsly haven't heard this song in it's entirety. I heard the chorus in a store the other day as I was leaving. So to me this is pretty amazing.

I don't live a sheltered antisocial life, either. At all. Radio doesn't play in my car or at work. I guess I've been oddly lucky (unlucky? I vote lucky) in stores/restaurants.

Grats, random (to me) song. I'm sure my little cousins will play it for me with glee when next I see them.

reKon

Banned
it's a good song...

I'm expecting to be stabbed by the edginess that will be all over this thread though

It's just so...meh. Bland and unoriginal, you could throw it in with any of the songs that came out during the reggaeton phase and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them.

Isn't it the exact same beat as most Latin sounding club songs from the past 20+ years?

The track's kinda bland, but at least it isn't wild thoughts.

The blandness is why it's so popular.

Compared to aggressively bad songs like Chainsmokers' Closer this isn't bad at all.

Oh god I forgot that was a thing. Yeah I'll take Despacito over that trash any day. At least Despacito only plays like once a day, freaking Chainsmokers was played every other song or two much like Ed Sheerans current one.

Great way to make me hate an artist to their very core is force me to hear it twice every 15 minutes if I need to use my car.

Disxo

Its going to be number 1 on youtube in a few months.
Brace yourselves
The summer in the south hasnt begun.

NandoGip

how many elitist dweebs are gonna post "I have never heard this song"

Lets count em?

Edit: Looks like we have 3 above me already

Edit 2: One more below

Total so far: 4

wait how have I never heard this song
am
am I old now

I listen to Spotify all the time and it's never popped up, I feel tricked

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Lets count em?

it's not elitism to be surprised you haven't heard a popular song.

go after the people who don't listen to pop music trash or whatever.

Lets count em?

Don't be a dumbass, this isn't some elitist shit, this is something that should've popped up in my feeds since I listen to the Top 40 playlists a bunch too

Only reason I can think of is that I don't listen to Top 40 radio proper but it still should've entered my purview

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It's a good summer song. That said, I'm surprised it's that popular. Other than reading about it here a month or so ago (and then listening to it), I don't think I've heard it played anywhere - not even the Bieber version.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I only heard this song the last time a topic was made about it with its Youtube views I think - if someone had told me some years ago that Daddy Yankee would have the most streamed song of all time and Wiz Khalifa having the most watched Youtube of all time, I would have laughed at them.

Top Bottom