• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee’s Despacito is the most-streamed track of all time

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I don't get it. Listened to it a couple weeks ago after what seemed like several weeks of seeing the Despacito meme floating around and not knowing what it was. Just doesn't do anything for me at all.

I understood why Gangnam Style blew up. It was a really catchy tune and really catchy fun song. Psy has a lot of energy and personality. But Despacito just sounds like whatever. Oh well.

Alpende

It's a nice summer song but hearing it all the damn day on the radio quickly makes it my most hated song of the summer too.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Justin Bieber has a song called Sorry? How Canadian of him.
It's pretty good lol
Oh god I forgot that was a thing. Yeah I'll take Despacito over that trash any day. At least Despacito only plays like once a day, freaking Chainsmokers was played every other song or two much like Ed Sheerans current one.

Great way to make me hate an artist to their very core is force me to hear it twice every 15 minutes if I need to use my car.
Wait for it lol Despacito will happen the same way Closer did. And Closer was a good song though

Daffy Duck

I can only imagine this is the Beliebers mistakingly streaming this version instead of Biebers.

I have no idea why this song is so liked. I mean it's catchy yes, but the novelty wore off very quickly.

Future

When I first heard it found it surprisingly good considering Bieber is on the track. Good to know I haven't lost touch with what people like. I'm still cool, y'all

Carlius

Banned
reggaeton...i think its the worst kind of music ever created. people just dont seem to realize how much it of it is all about talking crap about women and treating them like objects. I personally dont like the song or the music.

JeffG

I can only imagine this is the Beliebers mistakingly streaming this version instead of Biebers.

I have no idea why this song is so liked. I mean it's catchy yes, but the novelty wore off very quickly.

I bought the Bieber version but watch the non-Bieber on youtube. Miss Universe 2006 is just so easy on the eyes

Galang

Banned
Bieber doesn't sound that bad on the song tbh, but I wish the song could have broke the record without him. Would have been cool. Was okay at first, but totally overplayed now as always with hits

Servbot24

Banned
I don't really get it. It just sounds like... nothing. It's not catchy at all. I've tried listening to it multiple times, and I always instantly forget what I just listened to. Call Me Maybe or something like that, I could understand.

Why is this song so popular? It's fucking terrible! I listen to top 50 songs on Spotify all the time, and constantly seeing this one at number one has me really confused. Obviously you always have those that make you wonder how the hell they get so many plays, but this one seriously has me scratching my head.

see5harp

Even his other dumb as Shaky chaky shaky chaky song is playing everywhere I go now. I don't understand how this troll looking shitty reggaeton rapper is still popular after so many years.

NYCrooner

While it's incredibly over played, it's a nice summer song. Funny thing is that there are a ton of songs just like this one in this genre but this song just caught fire for some reason (Beiber didn't hurt). The new salsa version with salsa legend Victor Manuelle has breathed new life into the song for me.

Monocle

...you have a fucking problem if people are stupid for enjoying this song over your god damn preference.
It's a shit song. And people are stupid. Not necessarily because they like what I don't like, but because the taste of the masses is often lowest common denominator pap.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
It's a shit song. And people are stupid. Not necessarily because they like what I don't like, but because the taste of the masses is often lowest common denominator pap.

Once again the only stupid person here is you if your opinion is seriously that people are stupid for not having a unique taste.

FinKL

I agree that some people are stupid but shit song? There's a reason why it's stream so much, it's a great summer vibe song. I don't think i can get enough !

Osukaa

DES

PA

CITO

(I love the song lol)

This is how we do it down in Puerto Rico

LOL

I guess im an idiot, I dont have good taste in music and I'm a mindless drone because I enjoy this song :p

People need to chill out and just enjoy a fun summer song lol

Jhoan

Every time I hear this song now, I have a hard time disassociating it with a drunk John Vignocchi who tried to get everyone in the Giant Bomb E3 Live show. Dave Lang and Adam Boyes didn't know the lyrics and weren't familiar with it so they said nope. You know a song is big when someone sings it drunk.

The chorus is catchy as sin and yup, it happened to catch on right as the summer in NA hit so no surprises there. The song is everywhere.

eizarus

Banned
I like it. Catchy song. Although it's everywhere and I'm starting to get sick of it.
Bailando is better

Compared to aggressively bad songs like Chainsmokers' Closer this isn't bad at all.
Yup. I don't need to love every song when I'm out. Hearing this is such a relief when it would have been Closer or Shape of You a few months ago. It's simple and fun. Even if the Bieber version is jarring.

mantidor

I still can't figure out what made this Reggaeton so special compared to the hundreds others before it that sound exactly the same. My friends who like these music say it's the lyrics but I don't see it, it's not the usual "shake your ass" stuff but it's not that remarkable either.

Top Bottom