• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee’s Despacito is the most-streamed track of all time

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've never even heard of it, but that's probably not surprising because I haven't heard "Sorry" either.

Ominym

Banned
I'm sort of surprised because I feel like I heard other viral hits like Call Me Maybe and Gangnam Style a lot more out in the wild and Despacito almost never.

That said, good for them. I don't love the song, but it's catchy.

I was surfing channels yesterday and came across Rush Limbaugh (sorry) and he was screaming about how it's just a case of the globalist agenda that this song is so popular, that it's anti-American and American radio should be about songs in English.

...I find the anti-American sentiment hilarious as Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee are from Puerto Rico, making them Americans.

Wilsongt

I am mostly been able to avoid this song outside of snippits.

Having satellite radio and not listening to local channels with a 10 song hourly rotation helps.

matmanx1

Wow, a popular song that I have actually heard of and enjoy listening to. That doesnt happen very often!

The only reason I know it is because I was browsing Tidal one day for some new songs to break in a new pair of headphones (E-mu Purplehearts - awesome for BASS!!) and I came across Despacito on the "popular" list.

The lyrics are cheesy as all get out but man does it sound good on those E-mu Purpleheart headphones. I've got the song in a playlist designed specifically for those headphones and i have to say I enjoy it for what it is.

I've never even heard of it, but that's probably not surprising because I haven't heard "Sorry" either.

why not go listen to it then? go listen to both songs, it will take like 10 minutes max. You clearly have some interest in the song as you are participating in a thread about it. Avoiding pop culture isn't so kind of accomplishment that signals your refinement.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
The original version of the song is fine, definitely one of the better reggaeton/pop songs of the last few years.
I do not like Bieber's version though.

Its going to be number 1 on youtube in a few months.
Brace yourselves
The summer in the south hasnt begun.
?
The song has been huge over here forever, it was everywhere pretty much since release in January.

Dishwalla

Banned
Listened to both versions, the original version I don't really understand why its so popular nor why its so hated, doesn't really stick out that much. The added Bieber parts are awful though, I understand the hate for that version completely.

It's not as bad as other turds this year like "Shape of You" or "Body Like a Back Road", not by a long shot.

mreddie

I just heard Todd in the Shadows review this. It sounds okay in the wake of the current pop songs that sounds like they are recovering from a hangover.

jonno394

It's catchy as fuck. I'm not saying its a good song but it has hot beats, decent vocals and some good visuals. Easy to see why so many people like it.

Top Bottom