• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lyin' Ted Cruz: 'Democrats are the party of the Ku Klux Klan'

Status
Not open for further replies.

zashga

This is exactly as correct as Republicans being "the party of Lincoln." Technically correct, but very misleading. Ted Cruz continues to be a miserable son of a bitch.

Jerm411

Ahhh another great excuse to post Cruz two piecing his wife....

giphy.gif

Xe4

Banned
As always, I'll refer to my good friend's scumbag's opinion on the matter:
LeeAtwatersFamousSpeech.jpg

Lee Atwater, Republican Political Strategist.

But totally Teddy, Democrats are the racist ones.

This is exactly as correct as Republicans being "the party of Lincoln." Technically correct, but very misleading. Ted Cruz continues to be a miserable son of a bitch.

I think it's more shameful since they used to be the party of Thaddeus Stevens, a real radical. Now look at the sacks of shot that lead this thing.

Deadbeat

Banned
Ted Cruz is a canadian secret agent sent to sabotage America. Thats my belief anyways.

We already deployed our last weapon to great success (bieber) so its only natural ted moves in for the kill.

Alucard725

Neo Member
My God. This is the same shit my former boss would tell me. Fuck the Republican Party. These assholes have no damn soul.

ISOM

When people like Ted Cruz say things like this they're not talking to you or me. They're talking to their shit base and patting them on the head and telling them all's well. That base is dumb enough that this works. Cruz knows the history and knows the smart people know the history. It doesn't matter. He's talking to dumb white people.

Yup. I've seen this talking point many times on forums. So it works.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ted-cruz-democrats-are-the-party-of-the-ku-klux-klan/

Oh, the old "I'm not racist YOU'RE racist" defense? Beautiful.

Citing the dixiecrats huh? That famous party from 1948 which lasted one year, was comprised of entirely defectors of the democratic party, from deep south states, whose states voted unanimously (by majority) republican in 2016?

Yep, let's not forget where the shitheels like Strom Thurmond defected to. You own that Teddy boy, that's your cross to bear now. The Party of Lincoln, that you Republicans like to invoke, is dead. The new Republican party killed it, skinned it, and are wearing its skin like Buffalo Bill. Go dance in front of the mirror, you ghoul, and see yourself for what you truly are.

wisdom0wl

I hate the fact that Republicans (and their base) know the parties realigned in the 60s/70s, but continue to pin this racist narrative on the modern Democratic Party.

rec0ded1

Someone posted "Party of Lincoln holding the confederate flag" in some other thread. I'm going to used that one when they bust that party of lincoln shit. I'll never understand how people are for ted and any of these republicans and some democrats for that matter, their shit is so transparent.

RinsFury

Ted Cruz is scum, not surprised at all. He showed the world what a sad pathetic worm of a man he is when he crawled back on his hands and knees to lick Trump's boots after the primary.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
If you listen to right wing radio, they inundate their audience with this crap. Constantly.

Yep.
Democrats are the real racists... no examples post-1964 given.
Democrats are the real sexists because Hillary took money from Saudi Arabia. Any other reasons? /silence

Ted Cruz, if the Democrats are the part of the Ku Klux Klan, I suggest you to ask any klansman what party they are registered under and who they voted for in the last 6 elections. I bet you they will say "Republican".

Ted Cruz, if the Democrats are the part of the Ku Klux Klan, I suggest you to ask any klansman what party they are registered under and who they voted for in the last 6 elections. I bet you they will say "Republican".

I wouldn't be surprised if they are registered as Democrats, especially if they are older. That doesn't mean that they are voting for them, however. It wasn't until recently that party registration in the south started reflecting vote totals there.

Arkage

Banned
Along the same lines, I get so sick of hearing the "Lincoln was a Republican" line. I always immediately shut that shit down with "More importantly, Lincoln was a progressive liberal who wanted to abolish a longstanding American tradition: slavery."

IrishNinja

this is like when libertarians try to point out what liberal meant centuries ago and how they're the real liberals or something

etymology is interesting but when you're reaching that far back to escape something, that should give you a moment's reflection

K.Sabot

hear this all the time from people

and I'm tired to trying to explain to them why they're being so intellectually dishonest, because they wouldn't care / change their mind either way.

1. The KKK celebrated Trump winning, so regardless of that the KKK was made by Southern Dixiecrats, what the Democrats are doing now is not what the KKK wants, and apparently what the GOP is doing is.

2. You have to wonder the strength of "Democrats are racist" when the evidence they cite is "people who are dead." I can cite POTUS.

The way race is discussed in the mainstream is embarrassing. Ted Cruz has no shame.
This is the new era of the shameless.

Its so backwards an argument and it takes so little to realize it, but to those in the bubble its just more red meat. Go team! Drive the libruls mad!

As long as the Republicans push through their promised tax cuts and and make some headlines with their law and order anti-immigrant, anti-intellectual, anti-anybody-but-their-core-voter-"true america"-demographic their base and talking heads will eat it up, and their donors will be ecstatic, facts and civility be damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom