• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 360 League?

DCX

DCX
Will there be one this year, or will Madden 07 be the Official Launch Platform for the GAF Madden Leagues next season?

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm down for one even if its a small league.

newsguy

From reading the threads in the gaming forum and talking to guys after league games, I'd say we have a minimum of 10 guys from the league that will own the 360 version. Also, just the fact that all games are fully live aware now should be reason enough to own the 360 version, you can send invites while someone is playing their franchise.

The new screens are looking really good. If the Tuesday showing of Madden is good I'm sure we'll have a fairly large league. Hardcore Madden guys won't be able to pass it up. I have it preordered, so I'm good to go.

DCX

DCX
Cerebral Palsy said:
The new screens are looking really good. If the Tuesday showing of Madden is good I'm sure we'll have a fairly large league. Hardcore Madden guys won't be able to pass it up. I have it reordered, so I'm good to go.
My problem is i don't have a 360 pre-ordered and the chances of getting one without a pre-order is slim i none, so i might be out of the 360 League Season 1, but i will be in Madden XBOX Season 2 :)

DCX

newsguy

DCX said:
My problem is i don't have a 360 pre-ordered and the chances of getting one without a pre-order is slim i none, so i might be out of the 360 League Season 1, but i will be in Madden XBOX Season 2 :)

DCX

Why though? If you really want one and have the money, just sytand in line at target, kmart, wal mart, etc. I did it for both the PS2 and XBOX, and not only did I get both systems day 1, but I had alot of fun. Go with a buddy and it's like tailgating, if I had a buddy getting a 360 I'd probably make the line cause it's a blast (plus I skip work that day :D )

DCX

DCX
Well i might just do that...we'll see if a have transportation to get down there...

DCX

Fifty

Cerebral Palsy said:
The new screens are looking really good. If the Tuesday showing of Madden is good I'm sure we'll have a fairly large league. Hardcore Madden guys won't be able to pass it up. I have it preordered, so I'm good to go.

Exactly. I know I'm getting a 360, and I'm assuming FMT will...so I believe whatever happens will be an extension of what we're already doing now.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Ill have mine , I am sure that the season wont start right away so I am sure u will have time DCX... Oh and by the way I am in for a league and Cp can have the chiefs season one

tuesday will dictate whether i get xbox 360 or not. the new screens are looking awfully good, if the animation is there i can't pass it up. i'm not sure how i will get it on day 1 without a preorder but i'm sure i'll manage somehow

p.s. and i wouldn't mind running a leaguedaddy league either if you guys are up for it :D

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
tuesday will dictate whether i get xbox 360 or not. the new screens are looking awfully good, if the animation is there i can't pass it up. i'm not sure how i will get it on day 1 without a preorder but i'm sure i'll manage somehow

p.s. and i wouldn't mind running a leaguedaddy league either if you guys are up for it :D
:D That would be great...i'm guessing most of the animations will be ported over with some new animations to showcase the 360, maybe new tackles and moves but nothing that will scream BRAND NEW game. I hope i'm wrong...

DCX

You can count me in. I'll have a new job and better schedule by then so I won't have to wait 2 days at a time to get a game in.

Rorschach

The game is looking great now, but I don't know about the 360 yet. I originally planned to get one next year or late December, but I dunno if I can hold out on a better Madden game. I'm expecting the gameplay to stay in tact, so I don't know if I want to spend 400+ bucks on a prettier Madden (I already have ps2 and xbox XD) or if I want to put that money into a better tv :(

I'll probably just end up buying it on a whim. I'd like to keep playing the Xbox league, but it seems that may fall apart after this season based on people's reactions. We'll see...

PS: are they going to deliver on the spectator mode or was that tossed out the window?

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
who says the xbox 1 leagues are going to fall apart? madden 2006 maybe backwards compatible
Not just the people moving on to the 360 madden, but people not wanting to play a second season.

Mrbob

Honestly, if hte X360 blows away the Xbox version of Madden 06 (I.E. Gameplay), I'm not going to be able to go back to the Xbox version anymore once I have the 360 version. It would be like playing PSX Madden after the PS2 version is out.

Fifty

Yeah......much as I wouldn't want to leave the no-360-having people behind, if they live up to what they say and there really are 3x the number of animations and it looks that pretty, I doubt I'd ever play this again.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i wouldnt be able to play two seasons... i mean I would, but that would be like me playing in the MLB then going to play some triple A ball somewhere just for fun...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I think I would be interested simply because I could use the shoulder buttons instead of the black&white buttons. That would be so much easier.

If the game is good, I'm on board.

Truelize said:
I think I would be interested simply because I could use the shoulder buttons instead of the black&white buttons. That would be so much easier.

If the game is good, I'm on board.

I know! I have no problem with the placement of the black and white buttons... But at least 5 or 6 of my 10 ints this season are from throwing in the flats to my HBs, and having the QB throw up some shitty lob that is picked off! I slam the damn buttons too to make sure it doesn't happen. Damn black and white buttons =/ Can't wait for the X360 controller.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
I also have trouble with the dreaded black and white buttons.

Those buttons were created by the devil himself.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm wavering on a 2nd season of XB1 Madden, but if it looks as good as it does, and moves well, and plays well. AND there isn't much else at launch I want, I think I'll be down for a 360 League.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
This might be the first comment I've ever made on GAF where someone has agreed with me.

Best day of my life. :lol

Lonestar

Truelize said:
This might be the first comment I've ever made on GAF where someone has agreed with me.

Best day of my life. :lol

I disagree with your comment.

This is not the best day of your life. It was obiviously 1827 days ago. THINK MCFLY, THINK.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lonestar said:
I disagree with your comment.

This is not the best day of your life. It was obiviously 1827 days ago. THINK MCFLY, THINK.

Over my head. I have no clue what happened 5 years ago today. So I'm assuming it's a Back to the Future refence that I don't remember. :D

And you do not disagree with my comment. Using the black & white buttons sucks.

Lonestar

first you don't get "heh" as a legitamate use of "Other Than LOL" laugh, and you don't get the "random day in your life which I have no clue what happened as a form of saying I disagree with your agree for no reason at all"

WHERE'S THE HUMANITY?!?

Top Bottom