• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL 15 - Now Available for Pre-Purchase on Xbox One

MrBenchmark

Lol did EA access and Madden kill Xbox live?

Seems like an unlikely culprit

Its downloading and installing fine and I got right into ea access seems like its authenticating on their end. But live is not down.

Those downloading dont try to play till its finished there have been some issues doing so by reports in beta forums.

I went to queue where madden installed initially and clicked on "finish installing" and everything worked for me afterwards. Finished championship game, beat Seattle. I have to say, I'm really impressed by this iteration of Madden. I'm ready to preorder.

As far as downloading on Xbox one vs PS4, it was also true for me at one time until I reset router/modem and now both consoles are downloading equally as fast for me. Could have been these prior updates that fixed the issue for xbone and you just have to reset modem/router.

GravyButt

FYI for those who cant get it to play with the install error, heres what I did to get it to worked.

Logged out, then hit the options button over Madden 15, and clicked resume installation, waited till it finished, then relogged in, and bam it works!

Kinyou

EA Access would definitely be more worth it if they did remove the 6 hour limit if you already pre-purchased the game.

That would mean that people with EA Access would be able to play as much as they want going into the weekend instead of on a Tuesday.
Yeah, not sure what the point is of restricting it when you already bought it.

U2NUMB

So it is like that other issue Live had recently... general rule on stuff like this everyone.. let it finish before you go to play.

Hatchtag

Banned
Halo MCC needs this. That game's probably gonna have a huge file size (being that it's a compilation of four games) and I don't want to have to wait two days after it comes out to play it.

RoKKeR

So I thought I started the download from Smartglass earlier today but just got back to see that it hadn't started installing...

Checked power settings and instant-on is checked, did I do something wrong here?

lostcauz

Does EA access only cover one Gamertag? It asks if you want to use *insert Gamertag* for this 6 hour trial otherwise sign out and use your own tag. You could swap to a second Gamertag once the 6 hours is up.

Doesn't look next gen to me

We might definitely need a madden 25 vs madden 15 comparison. Oh wait...

Madden25-700x408.jpg

All I found so far.

To the casual observer the differences might be subtle, but to the keen eye... pretty significant.

Edit: The lighting, the shadows, the detail are all improved apparently. For example, look at the detail of the shoulder pads being revealed underneath the jersey, and of course the tattoos.

http://www.twitch.tv/maddentips some guy streaming on twitch, like I said, it doesn't look like a next gen game to me. Especially after the BS they showed us last year with Madden 25 then downgrading it.

The best comparisons are side by side. I'm sure one of these websites will do a proper one soon.

Edit: I'm currently playing the game and can confirm the shoulder pad detail is there real time. You can see it on all the players. Pretty cool.

The best comparisons are side by side. I'm sure one of these websites will do a proper one soon.

Edit: I'm currently playing the game and can confirm the shoulder pad detail is there real time. You can see it on all the players. Pretty cool.

The game looks way better than 25...Way better.

JambiBum

I haven't played Madden in years, played 25 thanks to Access and didn't like it, but this one seems a lot better. Looks a lot nicer than 25 as well. If you have played both you can definitely see the difference.

Rocketz

If your still getting the "please insert disk to finish install" hold down the power button for 10 seconds till your Xbox turns off then restart. It fixed it for me.

zychi

Banned
So I can't get this damn "trial" from EA Access to load. It gives me a "Do you own this game or app" error.

Typical broken product by EA
KuGsj.gif

Toki767

I gotta say Madden, more than any other game, due to the main camera angle makes it hard to tell that the game looks appreciably better graphically.

statham

I'm not a big Madden person, but I enjoyed the EAAccess Madden 25 quite a bit, and I must say, this feels and plays much better.

ShutterMunster

It plays good. Defense is way more fun to play. I love the addition of the defense oriented camera and all the new small mechanical additions. Tackling is way more precise and engaging. You overall feel like you have more control of every situation.

I still think the game could look better. It doesn't really feel like a generational leap. It doesn't give me that NBA 2k14 PS3-PS4 impression. The physics are still great, animations are superb for the most part. I think the most important is how it plays and that seems great, but they really need to work on the visuals.

kyo27

Let me get this out of the way, I think 2k5 is the best football game ever and do not like Madden at all. But wow this game is a massive step up visually over Madden 25. The game is cleaner and sharper. Stadiums in Madden 25 were a blurry Player models look great and actually look representative of what the players look like in real life. In past Madden games, the player models were too stocky, sometimes too lanky. Seems like they finally got it right. I love the new default camera. Madden 25 felt like the camera was 20 yards behind the QB. Now you are much closer to the field, very reminiscent of 2K's camera. Animations are much improved as well, doesn't feel as clunky. Not 2k smooth, but definitely better. I'm actually considering buying this game now.

Shady859

Watching linked twitch stream I want this NOW. Got a note that my copy shipped today, hopefully monday if my streak holds. I'm on PS4 and kinda upset about not having the option for early access. Question though.... Early Access is NOT unlimited play now til launch like the last few seasons all access pass?

sk3tch

How does the timer work? Can anyone articulate how you're able to track the amount of time that you've played? I won't be able to download this until later tonight...thanks!

kyo27

How does the timer work? Can anyone articulate how you're able to track the amount of time that you've played? I won't be able to download this until later tonight...thanks!

First time I booted it up, a window popped up and said I have less than 6 hours remaining to play. Don't know if this shows up every time I start the game. Will have to try later.

Toki767

Watching linked twitch stream I want this NOW. Got a note that my copy shipped today, hopefully monday if my streak holds. I'm on PS4 and kinda upset about not having the option for early access. Question though.... Early Access is NOT unlimited play now til launch like the last few seasons all access pass?

As far as everyone knows, it's 6 hours. I guess we'll find out if it's unlimited in a couple hours when people who have been playing since the morning will have gone over 6 hours.

Shady859

As far as everyone knows, it's 6 hours. I guess we'll find out if it's unlimited in a couple hours when people who have been playing since the morning will have gone over 6 hours.

Thanks for the confirm I had saw that 6 hour thing as well and wondered if was legit. That sucks it used to be straight up 2 days early..

BTW anyone else still watching MaddenTips Twitch stream? They keep hyping a $90 tip guide and hyping how they have 1000 hours into 15 already and wrote the Prima guide etc etc. Yet they playing a game online and LOSING......

EDIT: prolly about to be banned from chat..... every time i mention this it gets deleted.

Edit 2: "You are banned from talking in maddentips for 546 more seconds." lol I asked again if they $90 guide will allow to lose as well to a scrub day zero.

sk3tch

First time I booted it up, a window popped up and said I have less than 6 hours remaining to play. Don't know if this shows up every time I start the game. Will have to try later.

Thanks - that's cool. At least it's not some obnoxious permanent timer on the screen or something.

pixlexic

Banned
holy crap .. for someone like me who hasnt played a madden game since the PS2 the graphics are quite a shock. lol

you have 6 hours but the damn intro takes 40 mins. :/

Top Bottom