• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL 15 - Now Available for Pre-Purchase on Xbox One

RoKKeR

This game is leaps and bounds better than Madden 25, like, it's not even funny how much of an improvement this version is.

People can claim that Madden is just roster updates every year, and usually I'm inclined to agree a bit, but this year's puts 25 to shame.

It's unreal how much of an improvement it is. Though I guess 25 isn't that much to go by.

It's unreal how much of an improvement it is. Though I guess 25 isn't that much to go by.

I've been waiting years for a reason to buy Madden again. I'm disappointed about the absence of NCAA this year, but hopefully that let the team put more effort into Madden, because I think it shows.

I can't play it anymore. Still 3 hours left on my trial, but whenever I go to start it up, it gets stuck on "Reading storage devices". Never loads into the main menu.

I've been waiting years for a reason to buy Madden again. I'm disappointed about the absence of NCAA this year, but hopefully that let the team put more effort into Madden, because I think it shows.

I feel like Madden sales are about to skyrocket due to NCAA not releasing. A lot of my friends play nothing but sports games and CoD
(I know, it's lame)
, and they're all jumping on Madden for this reason. Many would buy it anyway, but now that there's only one (American) football game it makes the decision to buy it a no-brainer.

I don't think I'll be going digital for a franchise like Madden that releases a new game annually though.

Bgamer90

Banned
Very impressed with the game. Graphics are so crisp and clear. The pictures and videos don't do the game justice -- you have to see it in person. Big improvements in in-game lighting too.

Gameplay feels solid. The players have more weight -- feels like you are actually controlling people with weight instead of a typical Madden game. You also can't quickly shift/move to the left (or right) after going the opposite direction. Players finally stop and then move.

Xbox One trigger rumble feature to try and make players jump is pretty good too.

Overall, a pretty huge jump from Madden NFL 25. Truly feels like the start of the XB1/PS4 gen of Madden and not a continuation of 360/PS3.

Samus4145

No Game Face support again? That's odd. I remember Madden 25 allowing it on 360 but not on One - it's strange if this new game doesn't support it either.

I went through the process a second time, only options for face are the pre-built ones that look completely different from the selection portraits. No way to alter them either.

blakep267

do any of you guys know if there is just a plain season mode in this year's game? I know 25 didn't have it. I don't have any interest in doing the extra stuff. I just want a straight up 16 game season + playoff and online

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I haven't bought a Madden game since 2003, watching some twitch steams 15 looks worthy of a purchase.

Any word yet on if X1/PS4 versions are identical? I only have an X1 and am hoping that version looks and runs just a well as on PS4.

Bgamer90

Banned
I haven't bought a Madden game since 2003, watching some twitch steams 15 looks worthy of a purchase.

Any word yet on if X1/PS4 versions are identical? I only have an X1 and am hoping that version looks and runs just a well as on PS4.

Why would it really matter if you only have an Xbox One? Anyway, I doubt there will be that many differences -- the differences between the EA Sports games so far have been pretty minor.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Why would it really matter if you only have an Xbox One? Anyway, I doubt there will be that many differences -- the differences between the EA Sports games so far have been pretty minor.
Yeah I guess it doesn't matter really, as long as the X1 version runs solid I'll bite.

Winter John

Gold Member
Watched some guy playing on Twitch last night. It looked good but I think E.A need to release a demo for those of us who are on the fence. I enjoyed Madden13, but I didn't see any major differences between that and this new one

Xone9

Banned
ok, i guess ill get back into madden if you ea access guys are saying the demo is really good.
GO EAGLES, NICK FOLES TO MCCOY!

GravyButt

So happy so far with Madden 15 this year. Leaps and bounds better than 25. Sure, it still has some issues, most notably with the defensive line being able to jump like basketball players on occasion (not that often, but still sometimes) and the occasional rubber band ai mounting unstoppable comebacks, but other than that I love it.

Defense feels amazing this year, and not like a boring chore. Big hits are actually BIG hits. Nothing was more annoying than lighting up a RB or a QB behind the line, and it felt like nothing. This year has some oomf to it, and the fact that the QB actually fumbles the ball when getting hit big this year makes it feel great. I played a lot of 25, and the QB rarely fumbled upon contact.

The graphics look pretty nice (no nba 2k or ea ufc but still nice) and the presentation is much improved. Announcing is still bad bad bad. Im up 21-3 with 2 minutes left in the game, im just burning the clock, and they are commenting how I need to hurry up to win the game. Uh, what?

AI is smarter in the sense that you can no longer use a lot of cheap cheesey out passing plays to your TE or WR, and running the ball to the outside is a whole lot less effective. Seems the AI catches on real quick too if you keep trying to run the same scheme, or always run the ball on first down ect.

Passing feels slightly off, but I havent used an elite QB yet (Im in a phins fan) so that could be why.

One great thing I noticed, is CB's dont have magical majestic flying powers to swat the ball out of the year like in the prior years. I havent encountered it once, which I approve.

The kicking game is much more improved as well.

Really all I can think of at the moment, I need a coffee.

mbmonk

I am glad that Madden 15 finally has done two things that have been lacking for years.
1) Teaching the player the concepts used in football.
2) Giving the players the information and data similar to what teams and coaches have on Sunday.
- showing the play calls after the play has finished.
- coaching cam ( shows match-up comparison pre-snap )

All really good info for players to have.

I am iffy right now, but I will probably skip this years game.

gthobbes

Banned
I watched about 30 minutes on twitch and, meh -- I'll be saving $60 as this isn't the leap I was looking for. We really need somebody else making football games again other than EA. Oh well, more time for NBA 2K and The Show!

EBreda

I'll leave you a tip guys; Game is R$ 119 at the Brazilian marketplace (roughly 40 usd), even without Access.

There are no online codes to the BR marketplace, but you can change your XO language to Portuguese/BR and try to use your own CC there (you'll have to add it again, payments do not communicate between markets) . Sometimes it works.

Shadybiz

do any of you guys know if there is just a plain season mode in this year's game? I know 25 didn't have it. I don't have any interest in doing the extra stuff. I just want a straight up 16 game season + playoff and online

That's what I'm wondering as well. The game definitely looks to be an improvement, so I may be tempted to buy it.

GO EAGLES, NICK FOLES TO MCCOY!

Good man.

Watched some guy playing on Twitch last night. It looked good but I think E.A need to release a demo for those of us who are on the fence. I enjoyed Madden13, but I didn't see any major differences between that and this new one

They did, its available for 6 hours of gameplay through EA Access. That is your demo! If you want to demo EA games from now on, you are going to have to buy into the service. If you dont have an Xbox, well................

djblue89

They did, its available for 6 hours of gameplay through EA Access. That is your demo! If you want to demo EA games from now on, you are going to have to buy into the service. If you dont have an Xbox, well................

No, I mean NHL and FIFA are both getting demos on both consoles.

Anybody simmed a few seasons of franchise mode to see how the generated draft classes look? I only really play online franchise mode with friends and if the draft classes aren't broken then I might buy Madden 15.

MrBlonde

I love the positive impressions, I was a fan of last years so if this is even better then fantastic! I am tempted to do a month of the EA Access just to check this out this weekend, been busy with the kids so I havent had the time yet, well see or I might just wait until Tuesday

Purexed

Banned
Played on Xbone using the 6 hour demo, and I've played a couple games on the PS4 retail copy as well...

Not even close, PS4 plays considerably better as it doesn't have the weird stuttery lag when picking plays or making audibles. The colors and textures pop more too as it appears to be running at a higher native resolution.

ironcreed

Banned
I might as well give this a whirl with the EA access trial beings everyone says it is such an improvement. As I am not too impressed with Madden 25, but still have enjoyed messing around with it since it has been so long since I owned an entry in the series. Should be fun.

Afrikan

Played on Xbone using the 6 hour demo, and I've played a couple games on the PS4 retail copy as well...

Not even close, PS4 plays considerably better as it doesn't have the weird stuttery lag when picking plays or making audibles. The colors and textures pop more too as it appears to be running at a higher native resolution.

what_have_you_done__by_restlessarts-d5bdp1k.jpg

I know some reviewers touched on the lag when picking plays, but I thought that was for both games.....and colors and textures are better? and Higher native Resolution?

I know that EA said that the Access version is the final build, but I wonder if they have some of that stuff fixed with a day one patch or something.

either way this still doesn't make up for Madden 08. ಠ_ಠ

pixlexic

Banned

if the xbone version isnt 1080p i would be surprised.It looks really sharp on my tv. The grass could be rendered lower though.

also did you play them on the same tv? you cant really judge colors using two different screens.

ironcreed

Banned
Damn, they knocked it out of the park. I can't believe how much better it is than 25. There are moments where you would think that it was a real game, if you did not know any better. It's pretty easily the best football game I have ever played.

Just on a side note, these EA access trials are just great. 6 hours to play around with the game early, with achievements and everything. Can't wait to have that opportunity with Dragon Age: Inquisition. EA has pretty much locked me in to buying all of their games that I want on Xbox One.

Bsigg12

Damn, they knocked it out of the park. I can't believe how much better it is than 25. There are moments where you would think that it was a real game, if you did not know any better. It's pretty easily the best football game I have ever played.

Just on a side note, these EA access trials are just great. 6 hours to play around with the game early, with achievements and everything. Can't wait to have that opportunity with Dragon Age: Inquisition. EA has pretty much locked me in to buying all of their games that I want on Xbox One.

We don't know how they will handle the DAI trial. They have already said that each game will be different though I expect sports titles to be 6hours of the full game. DAI and Battlefield Hardline both could have different restrictions due to having a story though in the case of DAI 6 hours should hopefully only be scratching the surface of the story.

ironcreed

Banned
We don't know how they will handle the DAI trial. They have already said that each game will be different though I expect sports titles to be 6hours of the full game. DAI and Battlefield Hardline both could have different restrictions due to having a story though in the case of DAI 6 hours should hopefully only be scratching the surface of the story.

Hell, I would be down with just getting 3-4 hours. This is a killer service with everything weighed and it costs peanuts.

blackjaw

Man all of these positive reviews have me wanting to buy Madden now. My Redskins need to have a winning season somehow...

Purexed

Banned
what_have_you_done__by_restlessarts-d5bdp1k.jpg

I know some reviewers touched on the lag when picking plays, but I thought that was for both games.....and colors and textures are better? and Higher native Resolution?

I know that EA said that the Access version is the final build, but I wonder if they have some of that stuff fixed with a day one patch or something.

either way this still doesn't make up for Madden 08. ಠ_ಠ

All I know is that the PS4 version is noticeably sharper, smoother, and polished on the flow of action. No chugs at all compared to the intermittent chugging on XBone.

pixlexic

Banned
I can confirm the intermittent frame hitching. It happens mostly when it switches camera angles.

Bit yeah it is easily 1080p.

Dev on op sports said about a week ago both versions were 1080/60
They are I played the xbox one trial and just played the PS4 at my cousins house, he got some kinda plug. Both look the same, im not sure exactly what people see different here.

Maybe you were playing on a different setting audible lag is new this year. All madden turns it off its on purpose. Madden always stuttering plays too any version they have not fixed that in years. Im not sure what you are talking about.

Top Bottom