• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL '15 |OT| Now This is Current Gen

mbmonk

I am surprised that in the Xbone community that I haven't heard much about gamers helping each other using snapped Skype video chat while helping/mentoring another gamer. It just seems like it could be a great tool to really give instant feedback to the person trying to learn.

Redd

How do you co-op with a friend in Madden 15? I don't even care if it's just against the A.I. I just don't want to go head to head.

Can't seem to figure it out. -_-

Valonquar

So EA made a giferator page for Madden 15:
I believe there is room for some comedy gold here...

RodS8iG.gif

B6SB72Q.gif

WUjsnCA.gif

S5M6kx5.gif

mbmonk

I'm enjoying what little I've played so far. I probably won't buy it and just hang on to my GameFly copy for a couple months. I'm doing well on Offense, but getting my ass kicked on defense. Ryan Tannehill just lit me up for 320 yards, 3 TDs, and 85% completion. Any advice for good defensive schemes to stop the pass?

I think any scheme would start with finding out what your players do best. Are your CB & LB better at zone or man? What categories are they rated extremely high in ( 90+), above average ( 80 - 89 ), and average ( 70 - 79 ), etc... etc..

If you already did this step then forgive me. If I can be of additional help PM me.

You talking about the gradient effect going on towards the horizon? Not sure, but that is weird.

No, no - just how there's almost no snow on the field. All the times I've played it's totally covered, you can't see the lines or the midfield logo, etc. Looks 10x better in that pic than it does in the game, so was wondering if it's a random thing or what the hell.

Also, love your avatar - Go Blue!

Go Blue! :D

Pachimari

Okay, so I have never played a Madden before and I don't know the rules of American football. But I am interested in learning about it.

Is this game worth picking up then?

demolitio

I swear, I'll never get an elite in MUT through a pack. I feel like I have better odds with slot machines. Hopefully I can find the right time for an auction steal.

Hell, I just want a gold Jordan Cameron at this point but at least he's getting the love he deserves after still being underrated despite the Pro Bowl appearance. When he showed up in The League this past week, I was pretty damn surprised.

The game definitely feels a lot better than previous years since my defense can carry the team and I can routinely beat my friend with a far superior team just by out-playing him since he can't rely on the automatic deep-ball reception anymore.

br3wnor

Maybe FIFA and MLB have taken over my sports gaming love the past few years and put Madden on the back burner but I really did not enjoy myself playing this game. Seems like a few things have been upgraded but not a whole lot different then 25 for me and I find myself either having to play on pro and annihilating everything, to trying all pro and wanting to break my TV. So it's either easy mode or too frustrating to have any fun.

I'll give it another week of playing with sliders to maybe finding a happy medium, but all it's making me do is wanna play FIFA or the show instead.

mbmonk

Okay, so I have never played a Madden before and I don't know the rules of American football. But I am interested in learning about it.

If you are interested in learning about it then it's probably worth picking up, but madden doesn't explain the rules of football. And football has a language very much all it's own. That is going to be a big part of the learning process. If you don't understand what the terms Wide Receiver, Tight End, Running Back, Nickle, Dime, etc. mean then picking plays is going to be a weird puzzle for you to decipher.

One possible suggestion is to watch football games to pickup the rules. Since you can find old football games online to watch that would be free.

Chili

When I was getting into American Football I found that Madden really helped me in terms of developing an understanding of strategy and tactics. That said, it is also a good idea to try and watch some real games to begin to understand the basic rules such as scoring and downs.

Dysun

Really big improvement over the last version I played (12). Happy to see the visuals and production values improved

mbmonk

I tested out MUT. I think it's interesting, but seems to have a bit of a grind factor to get enough coins to buy packs etc. Seems like there is a big jump from the starters pack to the next level up.

Interesting but I doubt I am going to really dig into the mode.

mbmonk

Anybody play with a defense that is zone focused in the secondary and LB corps? I have thought about trying to build a zone based team, but I just feel that it's always going to be exploited. It just seems like man to man is the way to go if you have the horses.

Thoughts or experiences?

Anybody play with a defense that is zone focused in the secondary and LB corps? I have thought about trying to build a zone based team, but I just feel that it's always going to be exploited. It just seems like man to man is the way to go if you have the horses.

Thoughts or experiences?

I have a defense focused on man in MUT. I feel like I lose to quick and mid slants but good with trickier routes. What I don't understand is that Sherman was rated a 84 but then dropped to a 78. I stink though.

MUT is super compelling/addictive. I almost have all gold on my team but Zero elites.

mbmonk

I have a defense focused on man in MUT. I feel like I lose to quick and mid slants but good with trickier routes. What I don't understand is that Sherman was rated a 84 but then dropped to a 78. I stink though.

MUT is super compelling/addictive. I almost have all gold on my team but Zero elites.

Thanks for the input. That is interesting.

Slants are really hard to stop at times. I need to practice stopping them. Interestingly, double slants are a know Cover 2 zone beater. In my experience the inside of the two receivers running the double slant tend to be open.

Thanks again.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I swear, I'll never get an elite in MUT through a pack. I feel like I have better odds with slot machines. Hopefully I can find the right time for an auction steal.

Hell, I just want a gold Jordan Cameron at this point but at least he's getting the love he deserves after still being underrated despite the Pro Bowl appearance. When he showed up in The League this past week, I was pretty damn surprised.

The game definitely feels a lot better than previous years since my defense can carry the team and I can routinely beat my friend with a far superior team just by out-playing him since he can't rely on the automatic deep-ball reception anymore.

The only elite I've pulled from a pack so far was a Jordan Cameron. Seems like pulling packs is better for going for collections than finding rare cards. I'm trying to learn the auction house better to make some coins there.

sqwarlock

There are so many menus! What is Boss-mode challenge??

Every 5th round in gauntlet is a boss challenge. The ones I encountered last night were:

- Kick a full-field field goal in hurricane winds.
- Follow your blockers! (You line up as the RB behind seven blockers. Defenders come at you from the sides and you have to be patient and wait for holes to open up to get a touchdown. This happens over 60 yards or so.)
- Run the gauntlet! (Just you as the RB to get past four defenders one-by-one to get a TD)

All very, very fun, but I don't want to have to slog through the "normal" drills just to get to them.

Every 5th round in gauntlet is a boss challenge. The ones I encountered last night were:

- Kick a full-field field goal in hurricane winds.
- Follow your blockers! (You line up as the RB behind seven blockers. Defenders come at you from the sides and you have to be patient and wait for holes to open up to get a touchdown. This happens over 60 yards or so.)
- Run the gauntlet! (Just you as the RB to get past four defenders one-by-one to get a TD)

All very, very fun, but I don't want to have to slog through the "normal" drills just to get to them.

Okay I did a bunch of skill trainers drills but not all of them. will try it out if no one is playing Destiny
Everyone is playing Destiny.

Smokey

I've gotten a few Elites from MUT packs.

Chris Myers, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Kyle Williams, Brady, Jonathan Joseph (completed Elite Texans pack), and a couple of Elite badges.

Seeing that Ultimate Team lettering turn red as you press the button is a great feeling.

Gotten a bunch of gold Qbs, and have earned some Elite ones through set completion. I've sold most of them on the Auction House though. Right now depending on my in game style my rotation is Brady, Mettenberger (Team of the Week edition), Cam, and Kaepernick

Yaari

Really having a blast with this game. First Madden game I ever owned and I never even saw a match of Football before. Bought Destiny aswell but I did not even boot it up yet, I'm having that much fun with Madden and MUT15 especially.

My team sucks, my pack luck is non-existant, I get bad stuff, but it is alot of fun. And it feels much more rewarding than any other Ultimate Team mode I have tried. You constantly get stuff, sometimes I don't even know why.

I hope I can get a good HB soon, and some other position that I don't know by name but he does it is one of my favorite plays, PA Read.

I should probably just buy gold cards from the Auction instead of getting packs, but I keep hoping to pull something good. Unfortunately my OVR71 team is going to have some issues as I advance through the Solo challenges, and am now facing 75~ teams and above. Luckily still Rookie difficulty so who knows, might get something good eventually.

Shady859

FREEBIE

Madden 15 Ultimate team digital mini guide.

Follow the instructions below to redeem your code:

1. Go to http://www.primagames.com/bestbuymadden15
2. Enter your username & password for Prima Games OR sign up to get a unique username and password
3. Enter unique digital code to redeem & download the Madden '15 MUT digital guide

Code: quote to see

PS4
$15 worth of Madden Ultimate Team Content.

Follow the instructions below to redeem your Madden Ultimate Team Content:

1. From the Madden NFL 15 Main Menu, navigate to the “Customize” menu (using the navigation options on the bar at the top of the Main Menu).
2. Select the “Extras” option.
3. Select “Redeem Code”.
4. Enter the code, select Continue when prompted, and confirm the download.
5. Once the offer is downloaded, select “Ok” from the PlayStation®4 pop-up.
6. Upon returning to Madden NFL 15 you will receive a “Code Accepted” pop-up.
7. To claim your items, go to Ultimate Team (from the “Play” Menu) and navigate to the “Items” menu.
8. Select “Unopened Packs”.
9. Your items will be awarded upon opening the pack. ENJOY!

linkboy

Anyone know how to fix the game when stops loading at a loading screen.

I'm trying to play the PS4 version and any time we go into a game mode, the game stops at a loading screen and doesn't advance. The music continues to loop, but the game flat refuses to load.

It's been working fine since I got it, it just started doing it today.

Yaari

FREEBIE

Madden 15 Ultimate team digital mini guide.

Follow the instructions below to redeem your code:

1. Go to http://www.primagames.com/bestbuymadden15
2. Enter your username & password for Prima Games OR sign up to get a unique username and password
3. Enter unique digital code to redeem & download the Madden '15 MUT digital guide

PS4
$15 worth of Madden Ultimate Team Content.

Follow the instructions below to redeem your Madden Ultimate Team Content:

1. From the Madden NFL 15 Main Menu, navigate to the “Customize” menu (using the navigation options on the bar at the top of the Main Menu).
2. Select the “Extras” option.
3. Select “Redeem Code”.
4. Enter the code, select Continue when prompted, and confirm the download.
5. Once the offer is downloaded, select “Ok” from the PlayStation®4 pop-up.
6. Upon returning to Madden NFL 15 you will receive a “Code Accepted” pop-up.
7. To claim your items, go to Ultimate Team (from the “Play” Menu) and navigate to the “Items” menu.
8. Select “Unopened Packs”.
9. Your items will be awarded upon opening the pack. ENJOY!

Aw, would have loved to have that. Unfortunately already gone, thanks for dropping it here, I am sure it made someones day :D

Xander51

This game is fantastic! Haven't played Madden in a few years. I love the new kicking mechanics, and the look and feel of everything in general. Glad I finally picked it up.

Pachimari

Really having a blast with this game. First Madden game I ever owned and I never even saw a match of Football before. Bought Destiny aswell but I did not even boot it up yet, I'm having that much fun with Madden and MUT15 especially.

My team sucks, my pack luck is non-existant, I get bad stuff, but it is alot of fun. And it feels much more rewarding than any other Ultimate Team mode I have tried. You constantly get stuff, sometimes I don't even know why.

I hope I can get a good HB soon, and some other position that I don't know by name but he does it is one of my favorite plays, PA Read.

I should probably just buy gold cards from the Auction instead of getting packs, but I keep hoping to pull something good. Unfortunately my OVR71 team is going to have some issues as I advance through the Solo challenges, and am now facing 75~ teams and above. Luckily still Rookie difficulty so who knows, might get something good eventually.

This game is fantastic! Haven't played Madden in a few years. I love the new kicking mechanics, and the look and feel of everything in general. Glad I finally picked it up.
Guys are you on PS4?

I'm thinking of getting it as my first Madden game but NBA 2K15 is pulling me.

Yaari

Guys are you on PS4?

I'm thinking of getting it as my first Madden game but NBA 2K15 is pulling me.

Yeah, PS4. I also had NBA 2k14 last year, was a new player to that aswell. Must say that I am having even more fun with Madden. The Madden Ultimate Team is just awesome because you constantly get free items that keep you interested.

I never expected to have this much fun with it, and I'll probably keep playing the franchise now. FIFA is still my favorite sports game but this is a close second one already.

Playing MUT I finally have 2 good players, WR Goodwin and QB Rodgers. My team was stacked with bad players so this is a good change. Rodgers has great throws and Goodwin is a great receiver, time to switch up the difficulty a bit.

Pack luck still horrible unfortunately.

Keinu

Been a few years since I last bought Madden, but really glad I picked it up this year on PS4. Looks fantastic and the new training camp is probably the greatest addition for me personally. I watch nfl games regulary and have a fair understanding of rules and tactics etc., but the new trainer really elevated that knowledge and made the whole game a lot more fun.

Mostly been playing Ultimate Team and have a few questions.

I don't have ps plus and don't really plan to get it. Do you get a lot more coins playing online than playing offline (aka, is it just a big big grind playing MUT offline compared to online)?

Is there anyway to turn off the whole tv presentation thingie. It was fine watching the first 2-3 times, but now it's just annoying. The "half time show" with highlights is pointless and once they even started showing a commercial for Gatorade before it. I just want to get on with the game :)

PKP

Neo Member
Have the OT rules been rescinded? CPU kicks a FG and won on the very first possession. Happened in offline CFM. Was the conference championships so I'm pretty mad.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Need an elite badge to get my George Blanda card. Ugh. Been completing some of the collections for the 4-packs of badges but not much luck there.

Wounded

This is an ultra nooby question but I'm not from the US and so not really sure on this. Why does my QB keep getting autosubbed after the first quarter? His fatigue is totally fine, is it something to do with me being in preseason?

I had the same problem but my Sherman dropped to a 70 making him useless to me, kinda pissed me off

I looked again and mine dropped to 70 as well.

MUT is great but then adds decay rates to these special cards, doubles, triples or quadruple cards of the same player, and badges or coins you fuse with cards (i think?) but don't go and explain any of it. You also can't compare and switch cards in that menu.

Worst is that PSN dropped on me and I didn't get credit for completing a challenge. Very frustrating.

ShaneB

This is an ultra nooby question but I'm not from the US and so not really sure on this. Why does my QB keep getting autosubbed after the first quarter? His fatigue is totally fine, is it something to do with me being in preseason?

Yeah, it's because it's the preseason.

Afrikan

My cousin impulse bought Madden 15 (PS3) from the PSN Store at laumch......but now wants to trade in his PS3 for a PS4. But he wants to get Madden again.

I'm guessing there are no more upgrade discounts for Digital purchases huh?

Have the OT rules been rescinded? CPU kicks a FG and won on the very first possession. Happened in offline CFM. Was the conference championships so I'm pretty mad.

My friend was telling me this when we were playing our connected gm franchise. He kicked a field goal and immediately won in OT. I wasn't sure if it was a glitch or something but I guess it's not. Kind of lame they didn't change the rules to fit modern NFL procedure..... Sorry it cheated you out of a chance dude...

:/

PKP

Neo Member
Another thing I noticed today while playing, is that I've come across a couple of corners with extremely low speed ratings.

Leon Hall of the Bengals has 76 speed which I think is absurd. Because I'm in CFM I just assumed he had an injury or something, however looking on EA's rating spreadsheet his speed is correctly listed at 88.

Coincidently, the player directly above him (sorted by the default overall ratings) is Vontaze Burficit and listed at 76 speed. So I take a look at his ratings in game and low and behold he has 88 speed. Which leads me to assume someone messed up the input.

Now I understand Madden may not change significantly from year to year and I've never complained about that. But it's the small simple things like this really bugs me.

EDIT: Took a peek at my online rosters and their ratings are correct. I started this CFM day one so they've already addressed this in one of their roster updates.

Definitely seem some stability issues with Madden this year on Xbox 1. It's not often, but it will hard lock and then quit back to the main XBox Dash. Of the times it's happened it's almost always in the menus of Connected Franchise, but just a few minutes ago it just kicked me back to the Dashboard in the middle of a game.

Anybody else see this? The game will hard lock for a second, freeze up with a repeating sound, and then will take you to the Xbox dashboard... odd

My friend was telling me this when we were playing our connected gm franchise. He kicked a field goal and immediately won in OT. I wasn't sure if it was a glitch or something but I guess it's not. Kind of lame they didn't change the rules to fit modern NFL procedure..... Sorry it cheated you out of a chance dude...

I can confirm that OT works correctly in exhibition mode, and it's a repeating OT like as if it's the playoffs. Can't confirm CCM.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member

I had a connected franchise game where it was overtime and I kicked a FG fairly late into the OT period and...I still had to kick it back to the computer. Both teams had already had a possession so I actually settled for the FG expecting the win. If I had lost that game, I would have lost my marbles.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Definitely seem some stability issues with Madden this year on Xbox 1. It's not often, but it will hard lock and then quit back to the main XBox Dash. Of the times it's happened it's almost always in the menus of Connected Franchise, but just a few minutes ago it just kicked me back to the Dashboard in the middle of a game.

Anybody else see this? The game will hard lock for a second, freeze up with a repeating sound, and then will take you to the Xbox dashboard... odd

I've had this happen twice during MUT games. Game locks up, weird sound, back to the dashboard. Annoying but I play quite a bit so the frequency isn't enough to totally piss me off yet.

I had a connected franchise game where it was overtime and I kicked a FG fairly late into the OT period and...I still had to kick it back to the computer. Both teams had already had a possession so I actually settled for the FG expecting the win. If I had lost that game, I would have lost my marbles.

Yeah come to think of it... I won on a touchdown, but the CPU had kicked it to me after making a field goal.

Another issue, and this contributes to the field goal, is the wind... Where as every other Madden game in history barely has any wind, Madden '15, so far in every CCM gae I've played, has strong 10 - 15 MPG winds and they're almost always going in the direction of the field. It's pretty annoying. CPU made like a 65 yard FG on me bebcause of it in a game.

Top Bottom