• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL '15 |OT| Now This is Current Gen

Looks so cool in replay. Wish they would feature this in the instant replays.

i4Fiyc8XyoMMh.gif

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Man the auction house prices for just about any elite player are crazy right now. I've only played MUT on a limited basis in the past but from what I understand this will normalize a bit over time? I just remember on Madden 14 I could get some good Bears players like Tillman/Briggs/Marshall without paying a fortune but right now heck an 86 rated Tillman is going for well over 20k let alone anyone else on that level. The odds of getting those guys in a pack seems near zero, I feel fortunate to just get Mario Williams and Kyle Williams from Pro Packs in the last week.

Smokey

Man the auction house prices for just about any elite player are crazy right now. I've only played MUT on a limited basis in the past but from what I understand this will normalize a bit over time? I just remember on Madden 14 I could get some good Bears players like Tillman/Briggs/Marshall without paying a fortune but right now heck an 86 rated Tillman is going for well over 20k let alone anyone else on that level. The odds of getting those guys in a pack seems near zero, I feel fortunate to just get Mario Williams and Kyle Williams from Pro Packs in the last week.

yep.

i need the dez bryant elite card to get his signature version and it's consistently in the 180k range.

i've built a nice team though. i am going through and completing the elite sets. i am starting with the line and then moving out.

elite badges are tough too. i've gotten a few in packs, but i have been doing the badge upgrade set where 10 gold -> 1 elite badge.

RkOwnage

Ran the Gauntlet is about to make me smash my controller. Too much luck based, and the irony that it's in something called "Skills Trainer"

Last trophy I need and I'm about to rage. Sigh

yep.

i need the dez bryant elite card to get his signature version and it's consistently in the 180k range.

i've built a nice team though. i am going through and completing the elite sets. i am starting with the line and then moving out.

elite badges are tough too. i've gotten a few in packs, but i have been doing the badge upgrade set where 10 gold -> 1 elite badge.

Smokey, I trust you ... Do you find to build these packs, etc., that you need to pay real money, or are you able to do this without spending extra and just playing?

Is this Madden worth picking up? Haven't bought since madden '12

Best Madden ever probably... Sure, has it's problems like every game, but a very fun, balanced, good looking game of football. Easy to pick up and play but also has a great skills trainer if you care about the finer things like reading defenses and preplay adjustments. Connected Franchise mode is good, though hasn't changed a lot in the last couple years... Still has too much of a focus on gamey-ness like XP and Legend score and crap that makes no sense. Still has some head scratching design decisions like the bizarre, unrealistic and annoying scouting system for the draft, but generally, it's a fun game.

Only thing I don't think lives up to the hype this year is all of the talk of difficulty. In everry video they all talked about how All Pro was seriously difficult this year. Went 14 - 2 (with 1 loss coming on simulation) in my first regular season with New England, although I did lose to Denver in the AFC Championship game 38-35 on a freaking missed field goal that I just shanked for no good reason. Earlier in the season, Week 8 or 9, I beat Denver like 35 - 3, and that's how most of my games went. My other loss in the regular season was flukey against some crap team. But, by and large, I won every game by such a wide margin ... 31 - 3, 27 - 7, 45 - 7 or something. I've had to tweak the sliders to get it to be more difficult on defense... Way too easy to get sacks with just a 4 man front, so I bumped up D-Line protection, QB Accuracy, and bumped down my DBacks ability to cover so that the QB wasn't getting so many coverage sacks. FIrst game with those sliders was better, but yet to see how it really plays out.

There are also some glitches/bugs that need fixing like the wind in Connected Franchise. In the 20 CF games I've played, all of them have had 10+MPH winds blowing from endzone to endzone, in every game, meaning that making a 40 yard FG is a challenge going into the wind, and making a 60 yard FG is cake going with the wind. Combined with a "Receive/Kick/With Wind/Against Wind" system that still doesn't really work, it's frustrating. In 20 games I have not once ever been able to kick with the wind in the 2nd or 4th quarter, the CPU always has the wind with them in the 2nd and 4th, no matter what options I choose.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Okay I've attempted to Google for this answer but found nothing. Is there any way to set global audibles for your user profile and/or a specific team? Mainly I'm talking about MUT here, I have a very specific set of audibles that I'm using to grind the solo challenges but it gets kind of annoying that I have to set the audibles up for each individual game. Granted it does not take long to do but it seems like something that should be available as an option.

Touching base, EA really needs to patch the Xbox One version to fix the freezing/crashing to the desktop glitch. Happens about once every 3 or 4 Connected Franchise games to me, and always at a random situation ... Sometimes in the first quarter, sometimes late in the game, sometimes in the middle... Always random.

Madden 15 has very good gameplay this year, but it's the most unreliable buggy Madden game in a while because of this error.

Another bug is when players in Connected Franchise come back off of injury, they aren't automatically put back into their starting role. You have to manually adjust the depth charts. If you're simulating games, even if an injured QB comes back you may not know to go back ad put him in. I wonder if the CPU AI does it.

brentech

Touching base, EA really needs to patch the Xbox One version to fix the freezing/crashing to the desktop glitch. Happens about once every 3 or 4 Connected Franchise games to me, and always at a random situation ... Sometimes in the first quarter, sometimes late in the game, sometimes in the middle... Always random.

Madden 15 has very good gameplay this year, but it's the most unreliable buggy Madden game in a while because of this error.

Another bug is when players in Connected Franchise come back off of injury, they aren't automatically put back into their starting role. You have to manually adjust the depth charts. If you're simulating games, even if an injured QB comes back you may not know to go back ad put him in. I wonder if the CPU AI does it.
Can't say I've had a single crash on ps4. Just think there is some tweaking needed for the tuners.

Anyone else having an issue where every time you boot the game up you have to agree to the EULA and then play the opening Panthers Seahawks moment? Pretty iritating.

Smokey

Smokey, I trust you ... Do you find to build these packs, etc., that you need to pay real money, or are you able to do this without spending extra and just playing?

Sorry just saw this. I've been playing a TON of MUT. Paying real money can certainly help you. A few days ago there was a Game Changer pack that offered 10 gold players and some other stuff. It was 70k in coins or a certain amount of points (have to buy points). Well I used money to just buy that pack because 70k in coins is quite a bit, and you can only get those in game aka grinding.

Once you get about 100k in coins the mode opens up. You're able to go after good players comfortably in the Auction House. You can buy Pro packs for 7.5k and won't feel it as much. I completed the Style Master set which gave me Peyton and Luke Kuechly. The highest rated offensive and defensive players in the game save for the Richard Sherman cover card. The only way you can get that is buy completing the MUT Master set. When you get good players the mode really starts rolling and you don't have to buy packs. You can flip the good players in the Auction House and use the coins instead of your $$.

So far I've completed the following sets:

Style Master
Steelers Elite
Texans Elite
Seahawks Elite
Patriots Elite
Packers Elite

I just sold my Jonathan Joseph Elite Team Captain card from the Texans set for 166,000 on the Auction House too. Once you get into the mode and have a cycle down for moving players and acquiring new ones it gets really fun.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I still really don't understand how to play the Auction House for significant gains. I know it is possible and people talk about it all the time but I'd love to hear some specific examples. What types of cards to you keep an eye on? In theory, I understand the concept of sniping cards but I get frustrated by the end-game bid process where the clock keeps going up. Do you only snipe cards based on buy now price? Or do you look for a low beginning price that has not been bid on yet and hope nobody else sees it?

I did complete the Style set today for Manning and Kuechly. Felt good to get that done. I'll admit that against my better judgment I've spent real money on some 15 Pro Pack bundles here and there. I've pulled a few elites: Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Jonathon Joseph, Matt Forte. Ran enough solo challenges to get an Elite Sammy Baugh GP style QB. I've got a William Perry ready to upgrade too, just need an Elite Badge to finish that collection.

Overall, I just grind solos and I really enjoy opening packs. It is fun to me. I just wish I could learn to play the Auction House.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member

That sucks that it is happening that often. I get the same crash but not nearly as often as you. Stability issues in a sports game is the absolute worst because you lose all of your in-game progress. Nothing is more loathsome than having to completely start over a game you were winning due to a crash.

Smokey

I still really don't understand how to play the Auction House for significant gains. I know it is possible and people talk about it all the time but I'd love to hear some specific examples. What types of cards to you keep an eye on? In theory, I understand the concept of sniping cards but I get frustrated by the end-game bid process where the clock keeps going up. Do you only snipe cards based on buy now price? Or do you look for a low beginning price that has not been bid on yet and hope nobody else sees it?

I did complete the Style set today for Manning and Kuechly. Felt good to get that done. I'll admit that against my better judgment I've spent real money on some 15 Pro Pack bundles here and there. I've pulled a few elites: Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Jonathon Joseph, Matt Forte. Ran enough solo challenges to get an Elite Sammy Baugh GP style QB. I've got a William Perry ready to upgrade too, just need an Elite Badge to finish that collection.

Overall, I just grind solos and I really enjoy opening packs. It is fun to me. I just wish I could learn to play the Auction House.

I usually filter by lowest BIN price on Auction House. Most of the time the final sale of the the card through bidding will come close to that price anyway. If I'm doing a bid I look and see how many people have bid on it. If nobody has I wait until it gets to around the 2 min mark or less before putting mine in.

When opening packs and you get a low level player...say upper 60s or lower 70s...go and check if he is part of a set. If he is you can charge a lot more for him than you would another below average player who is not apart of a set. I've found that the lower rated players are the hardest to get in packs. Because of that their value is really high on the AH. Also be on the lookout for potential gains from flipping the reward card from a set. Here's an example of what I did yesterday:

I had 163k coins. Bought overpriced J. Maclin Team of the Week card (74k) to complete TotW Week 3 Offense set and get a 91 OVR boosted Andrew Luck. Head to Auction House and flip Luck card for 108k starting bid, but a Buy It Now of 115k. Somebody goes for BIN. End up with 204k coins. Gain of 41k coins in less than a hour.

When selling always look at what the lowest BIN price is. Undercut that card by a few thousand, and price the starting bid 5-7k coins less than the BIN. Your card will almost always sell. That is what I did for my JJ card that sold for 166k.

Sephzilla

So, I like this game. Still has a few things that borderline infuriate me, but I like the game none the less.

Players still fumble too damn much in this game though.

The second title update dropped today

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2014/madden-15-patch

XBOX ONE AND PS4 CHANGES:
- Fixed or enhanced multiple team uniforms
- Added tuning adjustments to offline Connected Franchise Mode, matching Online CFM hot fixes
- Added a “Slim” Play Call option
- Added the ability to button through the entire halftime presentation
- Added button prompt to defensive play call to inform the user they can back out to pick their play before the offense does
- Tuned down QB accuracy for lower tiered QB's, especially on passes under 10 yards
- Addressed issue where the formation name would not update during no huddle situations
- Improved line shifting functionality out of defensive camera
- Defensive Play Call timer has been extended to 15 seconds
- Addressed issue where users only had 10 seconds to call a play vs. the AI
- Improved defensive adaptive AI
- Added QB signature passing styles
- Addressed issue where reading keys against the read option wasn't working on All-Madden difficulty
- Added logic for receivers that prevents the wrong animation from triggering during catchable passes
- Added logic to prevent multiple ways of grieving during online games
- Improved logic in CFM when determining who the starting RT should be
- Addressed an issue where the user would fail when punting the ball out of bounds on the Medium Coffin Corner drill
- Addressed an exploit where users could put WR's at the TE position on the depth chart inside of MUT
- General improvements to Madden Messenger
- General improvements to commentary logic
- Multiple CoachGlass improvements
- Fixed an issue where the user’s play would sometimes be auto-selected on defense

Glad to see some of those. Mostly, defensive playcall timer, button through half time show,

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Downloading the latest patch but it is stuck on "Installing 100%" and won't actually load the game. First hard reboot didn't fix it, trying again. :-/

The second title update dropped today

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2014/madden-15-patch

Glad to see some of those. Mostly, defensive playcall timer, button through half time show,

I read there was a 3gb patch, but the one i just downloaded was close to 300mb? Was there another one. My version is 1.03.

Still got some bugs. Playing offline franchise player mode Romo throwing the short pass to Murray for the TD keeps going through the endzone running through the wall disappearing camera zooming into the wall. Funny but come one EA.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
So you can auction Coin Up cards now. For completing the solo challenge I received the 5000 coin reward card for Darren Sproles getting 100 total yards. I feel pretty good about that one. There is a 50,000 coin reward card for Eli throwing for 400 yards, yeah I don't plan to bid on that one. lol

Top Bottom