• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 3 |OT| "Family isn't who you're born with, it's who you die for"

I found a bug on the first mission.
When you are in the bank vault and have to kill the first wave or guards after the alarm went off, i dont know if i killed them too fast but it there was a guard talking but he didnt exist or was dead, so it wouldnt progress to the part where you lockpick. had to restart the checkpoint.

Same thing happened to me on PC though I didn't hear a guard talking.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
On PC, despite some graphical issues like everything feeling too bright/overly expose and some weird white glow around things in the distance when raining and the whole 30fps this game is damn fine. Popin is not really a big deal. Graphically it's not amazing, but it's still pretty good. Especially the facial animations on characters.

Just took full control of the first district. Story telling and characters are top notch. All the background chatter, news and such is fantastic. The music is out of this world good and so fitting. Gameplay and responsive enough so far. I enjoy the gunplay and haven't felt it was too stiff. Sneaking is whatever, enemies have the eye sight of a naked mole rat, but what can you do.

Driving is great, I'm rolling with simulation, and really feel like I'm driving and can actually drive on the roads in the game like anyone else. Too many games have it so the speed and handling of vehicles for the player makes it impossible to actually drive normally in the world like NPCs, but this feels pretty nice most of the time.

Wish I could keep playing but I need to get to sleep. Work is going to suck tomorrow.

Three Hours:
MafiaIIIRally.gif

Z5ji6o3.gif

Going to be downloading it for the next 20-or-so hours. I wish I could play it sooner.

At least the Jays are playing tomorrow, and it's a holiday weekend.
The real Thanksgiving.

Kard8p3

I should be doing a physics experiment right now but tell me if I should get the game GAF, I am a weak man. also what is the unlock time for ps4

Coolade

Game seems to perform well on max settings. Once the FPS cap is lifted, it should be good. Not sure if it's rendering at my native resolution but the image quality is acceptable.

Uh PS4 disk version is going to take an hour to install, it only installs when you the game is running too, can't do anything else

Simo

Played an hour on PS4 before calling it a night for work in the morning. Boss menu screen and so far this game just oozes style and atmosphere. I love the way how they're telling the story too.

Game looks great to me aside from minor pop in for shadows off objects in the world and its been smooth on PS4. Again slick presentation that extends to your menus too for your onjectives, collectibles etc.

I really can't wait to jump back in tomorrow after work.

Makikou

So is this actually worth it or should I just refund my purchase and get civ6 instead and when they get rid of the stupid 30fps lock buy it again cheaper?

hbkdx12

I'm sure i'll adjust but i really hate these controls.

circle melee instead of square
L3 for run instead of x
Triangle dedicated climb button instead of x.

Some weird choices

Game menu fires up with "All Along The Watchtower"

Yeah, I'm gonna like this game.

LMAO, right on!

About 15 minutes into it, and I can already tell I'm going to love this game just for the atmosphere alone. I've already heard some classics on the radio, and the city itself is gorgeous.

Crumbtiny

Played for just over an hour and really enjoy what I've played so far. Playing on Xbox One and it looks great. I did have one crash to dash after the kitchen cutscene. One minor quibble is it would be nice to remove some of the HUD. I don't always need to see my objective in the top left. If you deactivate your objective then you just get a prompt to open the map. It's not a big deal, but it'd be nice to have the option.

Guns feel great, combat is fun, stealth gets the job done. And the presentation is great, love the way the story is told so far.

Off to bed now, can't wait to play more after work tomorrow.

Skunkers

Playing with 360 controller on PC, looks like they borked the controller presets screen. What's the action button, I can't seem to pickup the keys at the beginning.

The story and presentation are awesome. I'd watch this if it were a movie. And the combat is the best out of all these gta-likes (including GTA) by a mile.

Buying this on pc because I got the first two there as well and I feel this will be my go to gta-like action game for several years lol.

Just need a new pc which I'll get soon probably. Maybe after holidays.

How is the enemy AI in gun battles? I'm trying not to watch too much of AJ's stream.
I think it's super mediocre so far but I've only had a couple of prolonged gun fights. The AI seems to just indiscriminately move around and it's super easy to flank and they are slow to react.

Everything else is really shining so far so it stands out.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Pretty sure that doesn't unlock until a month after release.

Nah, that's when everyone gets it.

-------

~4 hours left. Give it to me!

------

Edit:

Aim assist. On or Off for this game? Did Mafia 2 have aim assist?

I'll probably turn it off.

Game just crashed for me on PS4. a few missions in.
The prostitute mission just after recruiting Cassandra. as i was pulling in to the hotel where the Ops center is.

Top Bottom