• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 3 PC performance thread

Gumbie

I posted this in the other thread but I'll put it here too for the people who didn't see it.

From reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mafia3/comments/564u6l/will_be_posting_screenshots_info_on_pc/

Nyclix said:
Hey all,

Game is now released. Sadly, it is hard locked at 30 fps. It's an absolute stuttering mess and feels absolutely terrible on a 144hz Gsync montor. The screenshots are with everything on ultra. http://imgur.com/a/OtLUr

3570k @4.5ghz, 16gb ddr4 980ti OC'd Acer predator 27' 2560x1440 IPS gsync. windows 10 64

Lime

Guess I either have to play this in 4K or wait for a 60fps unlock. This must've been an oversight

Ladekabel

Has there been a notification from 2K/Hangar 13 yet about the lock?

30FPS lock is no dealbreaker for me though I'd rather prefer 60. Of course that happens when I preorder a game in a long time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does the VPN stuff carry any risk of account bans etc?

There are no reputable reports of people having their account restricted for using a VPN to activate a region-locked key (gifts and store purchases are a different matter) or unlock a game early.

Corpekata

Banned
Giving up on VPNing. Anyone that did it and worked, what OS, what VPN, Steam Guard, etc did you use (for this specific game, I've VPNed a lot before, so what worked before won't neccessarily work now it appears)

Yeah it's locked.

What is the point of this?

ukbWZDe.jpg

Profanity

Boy this has been a hell of a year for PC gaming. Some real peaks (DOOM, Gears 4 looks like it's shaping up nicely), but also debacles like this and Forza Horizon 3.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Giving up on VPNing. Anyone that did it and worked, what OS, what VPN, Steam Guard, etc did you use (for this specific game, I've VPNed a lot before, so what worked before won't neccessarily work now it appears)

Yep isnt working at all for me

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I couldn't fool Steam the last time I tried to unlock a game with a VPN, either. It had already unlocked here by the time I read some reports saying that switching from mobile Steam Guard to e-mail Steam Guard did the trick, so I can't say myself that it's actually helpful.

Business

Still in disbelief at this being locked to 30fps. I really wanted to buy this game but this is ridiculous.

PaulLFC

Okay, once the game unlocks in my timezone I'll initiate a steam refund. It's that easy take two.

Buying via VPN does, unlocking... not really.

As long as you bought the game in your native region with your native currency, you should be safe. Been unlocking since the dawn of time, personally.

There are no reputable reports of people having their account restricted for using a VPN to activate a region-locked key (gifts and store purchases are a different matter) or unlock a game early.
Thanks all!

jiggles

Banned
I'm not too uptight to play a 30fps game if it's good.

The only real performance dealbreaker for me is inconsistency.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
what vpn are people using? tunnelbear and flyvpn arent working for me

vyprvpn lifetime limit reached too

Bl@de

30fps lock? Bye bye. From Steam Wishlist No. 2 to No. Nothing

And no UI scaling, and low resolution text,...

Good joke 2k.

I can't get it to work either. I've done it dozens of times, but it seems Steam just won't start the download. VPN into China, start steam and it still has US currency. I know I'm correctly VPN'd too. Even changed D/l regions in Settings on Steam.

the PC version looks like an absolute joke.. i bought it for $30 but im pretty sure if i waited a bit longer i could have purchased this at a bargain bin price.

for anyone looking at a VPN get SoftEther.

Top Bottom