• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 3 Reveal next week

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Very much interested in this. Loved Mafia and Mafia II, even with its shortcomings.

Late 70s/early 80s Miami would be crazy. I just watched Cocaine Cowboys so I'd be all over this. Plus GTA Vice City is still my favorite, so a more authentic and modern take on that time would be awesome.

eshwaaz

No thanks. I want Mafia to be about one guy and to focus totally on his life, story and development.

I know people love the GTA V system, but I personally think that they didn't develop each of the characters personal story as much as they should.
Completely agree. Once I got over the novelty of switching between characters and catching them in the middle of various activities, I found myself wishing they'd gone with a single character.

Neo Member
I'm so excited for this game I was in love with the second one and cannot wait for 1970's fun - the soundtrack will also be to die for

No thanks. I want Mafia to be about one guy and to focus totally on his life, story and development.

I know people love the GTA V system, but I personally think that they didn't develop each of the characters personal story as much as they should.

Eh... GtaVs 3 characters are more fleshed out than most games single character.

Jb

I hope they manage to have a game as atmospheric as 1 and 2 but with the mission design variety of 1.
There aren't many crime games any more these days, so I'm excited that 2K is giving it another go.

Mista

Banned
The moment I have been waiting for since a long time!
Hangar 13 = 2k Czech so there's no worries about the quality of the game
Looks like its going to be set in the 70's

Not developed by 2k czech....weird :S

Hangar 13 is 2k Czech after they shut it down

cripterion

The website confirms that Hangar 13 is the developer.

9uBjiYT.png

https://mafiagame.com/

ob_df0e78_le-parrain.gif

ODDI

Good to know they announced it but can't get too excited for next week it's probably gonna be a cg trailer, hopefully with enough tidbits to know where this installment is going.

Walpurgis

Banned
The moment I have been waiting for since a long time!
Hangar 13 = 2k Czech so there's no worries about the quality of the game
Looks like its going to be set in the 70's

I wonder how much of their team actually moved all the way to the U.S.

glaurung

Good to know they announced it but can't get too excited for next week it's probably gonna be a cg trailer, hopefully with enough tidbits to know where this installment is going.
I am curious as to whether they're going with a proprietary game engine again. Mafia II ran on something called the Illusion Engine.

Pachimari

I'm installing Mafia II right now, and I'm gonna go complete it for the first time!
Oh who am I kidding, I never complete my games. :(

Mista

Banned
I wonder how much of their team actually moved all the way to the U.S.

Thats 2k's statement back in January 2014:

We have relocated and consolidated our 2K Czech team from our Prague facility to centralise resources in our location in Brno. Additionally, we are transferring some development resources from Prague and Brno to 2K headquarters in Novato, CA.

This transition will both strengthen the integration of the 2K Czech team with our award winning development teams, and better align cross-functional business practices. As part of this realignment, we are adjusting our staffing levels, resulting in the elimination of some positions.

EUA

Mafia 2 was kinda ok on its own and lame as fuck when compared to the glorious City of Lost Heaven.

Hope for the best, but don't hold my breath.

ThatGuy

Not true! 2k only closed the 2k Czech Prague office. The 2k Czech Brno office (main studio) still exist and is also actively hiring.
Some people who worked in the 2k Czech offices got relocated to California but a large portion is still at 2k Czech (Brno).

Goldrusher

sheeeeeeeit
pumped for this, 2k czech still on board?

Official website says "developed by Hangar 13", but it also mentions 2K Czech.

© 2015 TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES.
DEVELOPED BY HANGAR 13.
2K, HANGAR 13, 2K CZECH, THE 2K LOGO, THE 2K CZECH LOGO, THE HANGAR 13 LOGO AND TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE ARE ALL TRADEMARKS AND/OR REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE,THE RATINGS ICON IS A TRADEMARK OF THE ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE ASSOCIATION.ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Pachimari

They should really try to implement something similar to the fluid and smooth cover system of The Last of Us. It would fit very well with Mafia.

Top Bottom