• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magistrate grants Sony access to visitor personal data on Youtube/Twitter re: GeoHot

get2sammyb said:
I'll never understand this massive paranoia over privacy. I think it's hilarious actually. It's like the people that say there shouldn't be security cameras in the street.

If you're doing nothing wrong, what's the big deal?

Man I don't see why they shouldn't have security cameras in your bedroom I mean if you're doing nothing wrong, what's the big deal?

And if you are they can give you pointers

JWong

Banned
Tylahedras said:
Man I don't see why they shouldn't have security cameras in your bedroom I mean if you're doing nothing wrong, what's the big deal?

And if you are they can give you pointers
Kind of kinky.

Dizzy

Banned
I visited his website out of curiosity when he put that donation video up, also saw his rap video on youtube.

Sony's got my details! :eek:

get2sammyb said:
I'll never understand this massive paranoia over privacy. I think it's hilarious actually. It's like the people that say there shouldn't be security cameras in the street.

Oh my....

Well it doesn't work both ways for a start. People use to film police and then they started trying to create laws to stop that. If they're doing nothing wrong then what's the big deal?

Violater

Yea this has gone on long enough I think, they really are making an example out of this poor guy. Instead they should just give him a job ffs.

jay

get2sammyb said:

You need to be more obvious with your satire. This almost reads like a serious post.

peetfeet

Violater said:
Yea this has gone on long enough I think, they really are making an example out of this poor guy. Instead they should just give him a job ffs.

Good enough for the cocky little shit, there are ways to do things and he does these things ALL wrong.

kitch9

Banned
-PXG- said:
I haaaaaaaate this mentality so much.

What's the big deal? It creates an enviroment in which I'm ALWAYS being watched, and makes me feel like I must be up to no good. I know I'm not doing anything wrong, but where ever there is a camera, there is always someone, somewhere, behind it. How do they know I'm not up to something sinister? Earlier this week, NATO troops killed a group of people who they thought were insurgents, but in actuality, it was just a bunch of kids gathering fire wood. Oops....

It's the human element that makes the system imperfect and vulnerable to error. Say a woman is on corner waiting for a cab. She reaches into her purse to grab her cellphone. Some idiot looking at a monitor in an office somewhere assumes she's a hooker, reaching for crack rocks in her purse. He sends out a patrol car to her location. The police interrogate her and ask her to show them her belongings and explain what she is doing. It's not long until they realize it was a mistake and allow her to go on about her business.

Now, she wasn't arrested or thrown in jail, but she was still harassed, even though she didn't do anything wrong. To perpetually be in a position where you could potentially get into trouble, without even doing anything wrong, ever, is utterly insane.

Basically, fuck off and leave me the hell alone. I don't know about you, but I don't like people hovering over my shoulder 24/7. Even worse is when you don't even know when, how, why, what or who is watching.

I watched 5 guys beating the shit out of 1 guy in the street late one night and the cameras got police there before the guy was killed..... Now if I was that guy I'd be glad for the cameras.

Not heard of one instance of camera operators ever sending police to a woman reaching into her bag though? I think they'll have probably seen that before a few times....

Our world is full of snivelling horrible cunts who think they can do what they want to who they want.

itxaka

Defeatist
kitch9 said:
I watched 5 guys beating the shit out of 1 guy in the street late one night and the cameras got police there before the guy was killed..... Now if I was that guy I'd be glad for the cameras.

Not heard of one instance of camera operators ever sending police to a woman reaching into her bag though? I think they'll have probably seen that before a few times....

Our world is full of snivelling horrible cunts who think they can do what they want to who they want.

you are assuming they were gonna kill him. Cameras should be there to avoid him getting beat up in the first place. They shuld be used to prevent crime. And it seems they didn't, the guy still got beat up. That shows that people don't give a fuck if they are being watched. Criminals gonna crime lol

alphaNoid

Banned
kitch9 said:

If thats the case, lets put a government camera in your bedroom just incase someone trys to kill you. Or is that too far? Because for me, personally.. cameras in public is too far.

Nobodys wrong here, but just a difference of opinions. Everyone has a line.

notworksafe

Link1110 said:
Well, the topic title does say "grants sony access," not "grants only sonys lawyers access."
This matters why? You should at least read beyond the title before replying to a thread.

Speevy

Banned
As long as this doesn't give Sony permission to ban all the positive matches they get from the PSN, I'm fine with it.

JWong

Banned
Violater said:
Who the hell would give this guy a job?

He'll probably just steal company secrets and spread them all over the internet. Huge liability for any company.

-PXG-

kitch9 said:

I'm just saying, like with anything, the system has the potential to make mistakes and be misused because human being are involved. Things are bound to get fucked up, by virtue that a human being is in the equation. Don't put so much faith in people and the tools they make.

Walshicus

JWong said:
Who the hell would give this guy a job?

He'll probably just steal company secrets and spread them all over the internet. Huge liability for any company.
Yeah, because no company has ever employed hackers before.

kitch9

Banned
itxaka said:
you are assuming they were gonna kill him. Cameras should be there to avoid him getting beat up in the first place. They shuld be used to prevent crime. And it seems they didn't, the guy still got beat up. That shows that people don't give a fuck if they are being watched. Criminals gonna crime lol

If they didn't want to kill him they should've maybe stopped kicking and stamping on his head..... Police were there in about 3 minutes, and even that is too long when you're getting a proper kicking.

Dude was a mess....

Top Bottom