• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson - "Perfect Dark XBLA coming this winter". Free theme tomorrow.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
What sucks about announcing it via Twitter without a proper trailer is that the first footage we'll see will probably be some shitty, blurry shaky cam video.

FUUUUUUUU MS

FrankT

edible_candle said:
Uh, yes. My friends and I still make time for Perfect Dark. Winner drinks after each match. It always ends so badly for me.

A lot of late night drinking sessions and this game with friends in college. Good times indeed.

GreekWolf

Can't imagine what this looks like in 1080p.

This is probably a bigger announcement from Rare than anything else they could have shown, as far as I'm concerned.

Fatalah

It's going to be great to play this game as originally intended in 60fps. But besides 1080p, I wonder if textures have been tweaked. Do you guys remember the blurriness of N64 textures?!

Fatalah said:
It's going to be great to play this game as originally intended in 60fps. But besides 1080p, I wonder if textures have been tweaked. Do you guys remember the blurriness of N64 textures?!

Does anybody really think they are releasing this game in 1080p with low res textures? Hello?

Fuck yes! That eases a little bit of the disappointment of the lack of rare this E3. I really hope they announce something soon.

60FPS + 1080p + PD = there goes my free time

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Fatalah said:

well, the leaked pics of Goldeneye XBLA had improved textures. I would think Perfect Dark will receive the same treatment.

Fatalah

HurricaneJesus said:
Does anybody really think they are releasing this game in 1080p with low res textures? Hello?

Sorry, I don't like to overestimate things. The fact is that we've only been told 1080p and 60fps. Nothing has been reported about a complete overhaul of the texture palette.

You're nutso.

Cerrius said:
well, the leaked pics of Goldeneye XBLA had improved textures. I would think Perfect Dark will receive the same treatment.

That's true! Good sign then!

whitehawk

Banned
You can probably expect the game to look like this:

goldeneye-xbla-005.jpg

22688_GoldeneyeXBLA-02.jpg

ss-goldeneye-xbla-mundorare-dam-after.png

Dizzy-4U

Cerrius said:
I also remember reading that Goldeneye was going to have online, but with a twist: Online was going to be 4 players split screen to keep the same old feeling of the game.

PS: those pics hurt my feelings :_(

Kibbles

Dizzy-4U said:
I also remember reading that Goldeneye was going to have online, but with a twist: Online was going to be 4 players split screen to keep the same old feeling of the game.

PS: those pics hurt my feelings :_(
I believe it was 16player, but it supported 4player split screen. Maybe I'm wrong though... I'd have to read that magazine article again.

GreekWolf

The detail in those touch-ups is really impressive. I'm still hoping that it'll see the light of day at some point in the future. =/

scarybore

How the hell did I miss this news? One the best games I ever played and I can't wait to play through it once more. But why winter. :(

Everdred

I would take this over GoldenEye any day! The xbla version is bound to have updated textures like the leaked Goldeneye screens.

I'm hoping for 12 players online, like the original allowed 12 total players (including sims).

Woffls

We don't need Goldeneye if we have Perfect Dark. PD was better in every respect, it just wasn't Goldeneye.

Xamdou

Man at 60 FPS so awesome! I remember playing PDZ with hella bots and with so many shooting action on screen the game started to feel like the matrix :lol

I call Elvis as my main character if there is online multi-player *hopes* :D

MMaRsu

Banned
Seeing those Goldeneye pics makes me hate Nintendo as well. Fuckers :(.

Goldeneye XBLA online would have been the greatest fucking shit EVER!

FrankT

Revelations said:
I have a feeling it wont be online. I dunno why though. Hell even the 1080p and 60fps thing seems unreal.

No online would be a debbie downer. Wouldn't do justice. How do we know next to nothing at this point and this was in the booth demoing? Come with it already.

UraMallas

To have this announcement on hold and put it off until after their conference is a travesty. The only way Microsoft could ever redeem themselves is by putting out a 1080p version of Perfect Dark on XBLA running at 60fps... WAIT.

JimiNutz

Banned
The longer this goes on without some sort of media, the more worried I become that its a mistake/cruel joke.
I cant sleep until I see it :lol

Top Bottom