• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majority of U.S. Muslims Now Support Gay Marriage, While White Evangelical Christians Remain Opposed

ZombieInsider97

Neo Member
I honestly don't know what you're on about.
What? I thought after such a post, you should already know that, politics, people, countries, well everything can change except for religion and nature, hence why politics exist, to shape the future, state laws are always bound to change, but the laws of nature never change, that's why we should never change religion and nature, if religion says that gays are impure and immoral, it should stay so forever, same with nature, you can't go and change laws of physics, you have the right to believe in any religion you want, but you don't have the right to change it, no matter what, they're both a reminder to humanity about their beliefs. And for the record, the Muslims you're talking are not in any possible case authentic Muslims, same with Christians, here's what the Qur'an says about homosexuality ""And [We had sent] Lot when he said to his people, "Do you commit such immorality as no one has preceded you with from among the worlds? Indeed, you approach men with desire, instead of women. Rather, you are a transgressing people." But the answer of his people was only that they said, "Evict them from your city! Indeed, they are men who keep themselves pure." So We saved him and his family, except for his wife; she was of those who remained [with the evildoers]. And We rained upon them a rain [of stones]. Then see how was the end of the criminals."" Surah Al-A'raf [7:79-84] and this is just 5 passage in 1 surat, there are many others like Al-Mu'minoon [23:5-7]. It clearly called homosexuals evildoers and criminals.
And here's what the bible says about homosexuality "Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them. Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 1 Corinthians 6:9 - Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Timothy 1:8-11 - But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted. 2 Peter 2:6 (ESV): - ... by turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes [God] condemned them to extinction, making them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly. Jude 1:6-7 - And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire. Romans 1:32 - Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them. Proverbs 24:24–25 - He who says to the wicked, 'You are righteous,' Peoples will curse him, nations will abhor him; But to those who rebuke the wicked will be delight, And a good blessing will come upon them." It clearly says that they're ungodly and wicked. Both books condemn homosexuality and say that those who practice and approve of it deserve to die. And you think that it's good that American Muslims accept it, what they're doing is against their own scriptures, so either they're not authentic Muslims or they are just pretending. Western culture is far from being Christian, but that's alright, however let the people follow both their books and abide by the laws of the state they live in, that's what it truly means to separate chruch and state.https://quran.com/7/81?translations=20

Lol Pew polled 584 million muslims who said they wanted death for leaving islam? C'mon man, be serious. Try to get out of breitbart once in a while.

I'm sorry but PEW is one of the most trustworthy sources for quantifiable data and it's certainly a hell of a lot better than any single point reference established through personal experience of a random forum poster. If you have any better sources to share, please do so instead of going full "omg lulz Breitbart" mode.

imatge_4_large.png

If you are aware of the notion of the radicalization pyramid you should know that terrorist and violent actions are never the result of a majority, but of a very small radical minority that is supported by sympathizers and/or tolerated by those who are apathetic. The question is not and has never been whether the majority of Muslims are radical terrorists, but rather if their religious doctrine cultivates tolerance for bigoted, hateful, oppressive and violent views. There is widespread scientific literature on the phenomenon of political and ideological radicalization, if you want to know more:

Over half of Muslims in the United States and the United Kingdom believe that the war on terrorism is a war on Islam (McCauley, 2013); these are sympathizers with the jihadi terrorist cause. At least 5% of Muslims in the United States and the United Kingdom see suicide bombing of civilians in defense of Islam as often or sometimes justified. This 5% justifying violence projects to about 50,000 adult Muslims in both the United States and the United Kingdom— underlining the potential danger of backlash in targeting those with extreme opinions. [...] As several milestone authors have noted, jihadist actors are few—perhaps hundreds in the United States or the United Kingdom—in comparison with 10s of thousands with radical opinions (e.g. Hafez & Mullins, 2015; Horgan, 2012; McCauley, 2013).

Take it from the late great Christopher Hitchens who dared hit the nail on the head and who can express it way more eloquently than I ever could:

AND I'M BEGINNING TO RESENT THE
CONFUSION THAT'S BEING IMPOSED
ON US NOW, AND THERE WAS SOME OF
IT THIS EVENING BETWEEN, UH,
RELIGIOUS BELIEF, BLASPHEMY,
ETHNICITY, PROFANITY, AND WHAT
ONE MIGHT CALL MULTICULTURAL
ETIQUETTE.
IT'S QUITE COMMON NOW FOR PEOPLE
TO USE THE EXPRESSION, FOR
EXAMPLE, “ANTI-ISLAMIC RACISM.”
AS IF AN ATTACK ON A RELIGION
WASN'T AN ATTACK ON AN ETHNIC
GROUP.
THE WORD “ISLAMOPHOBIA,” IN
FACT, IS BEGINNING TO ACQUIRE
THE OPPROBRIUM OF THE--
THAT WAS ONCE RESERVED FOR
RACIAL PREJUDICE.
THIS IS A SUBTLE AND VERY NASTY
INSINUATION THAT NEEDS TO BE MET
HEAD-ON.

[...]

NOW LET'S NOT DANCE AROUND; NOT
ALL MONOTHEISMS ARE EXACTLY THE
SAME AT THE MOMENT, BUT ALL
BASED ON THE SAME ILLUSION--
THEY'RE ALL PLAGIARISMS OF EACH
OTHER--
BUT THERE'S ONE IN PARTICULAR
THAT, AT THE MOMENT, IS
PROPOSING A SERIOUS MENACE NOT
JUST TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND
FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION, BUT TO
QUITE A LOT OF OTHER FREEDOMS,
TOO.
AND THIS IS THE RELIGION THAT
EXHIBITS THE HORRIBLE TRIO OF
SELF-HATRED, SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS,
AND SELF-PITY.
I'M TALKING ABOUT MILITANT
ISLAM.
GLOBALLY, IT'S A GIGANTIC POWER.
IT CONTROLS AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT
OF OIL WEALTH.
SEVERAL LARGE COUNTRIES AND
STATES WITH AN ENORMOUS FORTUNE,
IT'S PUMPING THE IDEOLOGY OF
WAHHABISM AND SALAFISM AROUND
THE WORLD, POISONING SOCIETIES
WHERE IT GOES, RUINING THE MINDS
OF CHILDREN, STULTIFYING THE
YOUNG IN ITS MUD TROUSERS,
TRAINING PEOPLE IN VIOLENCE,
MAKING A CULT OF DEATH AND
SUICIDE AND MURDER.
THAT'S WHAT IT DOES GLOBALLY,
IT'S QUITE STRONG.
IN OUR SOCIETIES, IT POSES AS A
CRINGING MINORITY, WHOSE FAITH
YOU MIGHT OFFEND, WHICH DESERVES
ALL THE PROTECTION THAT A SMALL
AND VULNERABLE GROUP MIGHT NEED.
NOW, IT MAKES QUITE LARGE CLAIMS
FOR ITSELF.
DOESN'T IT?
IT SAYS IT'S THE FINAL
REVELATION.
IT SAYS THAT GOD SPOKE TO ONE
ILLITERATE BUSINESSMAN IN THE
ARABIAN PENINSULA THREE TIMES
THROUGH AN ARCHANGEL, AND THAT
THE RESULTING MATERIAL WHICH, AS
YOU CAN SEE WHEN YOU READ IT, IS
LARGELY PLAGIARIZED FROM THE OLD
AND THE NEW TESTAMENT...
ALMOST ALL OF IT, ACTUALLY,
PLAGIARIZED INEPTLY FROM THE OLD
AND NEW TESTAMENT.
IT'S TO BE ACCEPTED AS A DIVINE
REVELATION AND AS THE FINAL AND
UNALTERABLE ONE, AND THAT THOSE
WHO DO NOT ACCEPT THIS
REVELATION ARE FIT TO BE TREATED
AS CATTLE, INFIDELS, POTENTIAL
CHATTEL SLAVES AND VICTIMS.
WELL, I TELL YOU WHAT, I DON'T
THINK MUHAMMAD EVER HEARD THOSE
VOICES.
I DON'T BELIEVE IT.
NOW THE LIKELIHOOD THAT I'M
RIGHT AS OPPOSED TO THE
LIKELIHOOD THAT A SHEPHERD WHO
COULDN'T--
UH, BUSINESSMAN--
WHO COULDN'T READ HAD BITS OF
THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT
RE-DICTATED TO HIM BY AN
ARCHANGEL, I THINK PUTS ME MUCH
MORE NEAR THE POSITION OF BEING
OBJECTIVELY CORRECT.
BUT WHO IS THE ONE UNDER THREAT?
THE PERSON WHO PROMULGATES THIS
AND SAYS, “I'D BETTER LISTEN
BECAUSE IF I DON'T I'M IN
DANGER”?
OR ME, WHO SAYS, “NO, I THINK
THIS IS SO SILLY, YOU CAN EVEN
PUBLISH A CARTOON ABOUT IT.”
AND UP GO THE PLACARDS, AND UP
GO THE YELLS AND THE HOWLS AND
THE SCREAMS, “BEHEAD THOSE!”
THIS IS IN LONDON, THIS IS IN
TORONTO, THIS IS IN NEW YORK.
IT'S RIGHT IN OUR MIDST NOW.
“BEHEAD THOSE!
BEHEAD THOSE WHO CARTOON ISLAM!”
DO THEY GET ARRESTED FOR HATE SPEECH?
NO.
MIGHT I GET IN TROUBLE FOR
SAYING WHAT I'VE JUST SAID ABOUT
THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD?
YES, I MIGHT.
WHERE ARE YOUR PRIORITIES,
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN?
YOU'RE GIVING AWAY WHAT'S MOST
PRECIOUS IN YOUR OWN SOCIETY AND
YOU'RE GIVING IT AWAY WITHOUT A
FIGHT, AND YOU'RE EVEN PRAISING
THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO DENY YOU
THE RIGHT TO RESIST IT.
SHAME ON YOU WHILE YOU DO THIS.
MAKE THE BEST USE OF THE TIME
YOU'VE GOT LEFT.
THIS IS REALLY SERIOUS.
NOW...
IF YOU LOOK ANYWHERE YOU LIKE--
BECAUSE WE'VE HAD INVOCATIONS OF
A RATHER DRIVELLING AND SICKLY
KIND TONIGHT IF OUR SYMPATHY,
WHAT ABOUT THE POOR FAGS?
WHAT ABOUT THE POOR JEWS, THE
WRETCHED WOMEN WHO CAN'T TAKE
THE ABUSE?
AND THE SLAVES AND THEIR
DESCENDANTS, AND THE TRIBES WHO
DIDN'T MAKE IT AND WERE TOLD
THAT THEIR LAND WAS FORFEIT.
LOOK ANYWHERE YOU LIKE FOR THE
WARRANT FOR SLAVERY, FOR THE
SUBJECTION OF WOMEN AS CHATTEL,
FOR THE BURNING AND FLOGGING OF
HOMOSEXUALS, FOR ETHNIC
CLEANSING, FOR ANTI-SEMITISM--
FOR ALL OF THIS, YOU LOOK NO
FURTHER THAN A FAMOUS BOOK
THAT'S ON EVERY PULPIT IN THIS
CITY AND IN EVERY SYNAGOGUE AND
IN EVERY MOSQUE.
AND THEN JUST SEE WHETHER YOU
CAN SQUARE THE FACT THAT THE
FORCE THAT IS THE MAIN SOURCE OF
HATRED IS ALSO THE MAIN CALLER
FOR CENSORSHIP.
AND WHEN YOU'VE REALIZED THAT
YOU'RE THEREFORE, THIS EVENING,
FACED WITH A GIGANTIC FALSE
ANTITHESIS, I HOPE THAT STILL
WON'T STOP YOU FROM GIVING THE
MOTION BEFORE YOU THE RESOUNDING
ENDORSEMENT THAT IT DESERVES.
THANKS AWFULLY.
NIGHT-NIGHT.

Do you want to label him an Islamophobic Breitbart reader too? Go ahead, I dare you!

JDB

Banned
What? I thought after such a post, you should already know that, politics, people, countries, well everything can change except for religion and nature, hence why politics exist, to shape the future, state laws are always bound to change, but the laws of nature never change, that's why we should never change religion and nature, if religion says that gays are impure and immoral, it should stay so forever, same with nature, you can't go and change laws of physics, you have the right to believe in any religion you want, but you don't have the right to change it, no matter what, they're both a reminder to humanity about their beliefs. And for the record, the Muslims you're talking are not in any possible case authentic Muslims, same with Christians, here's what the Qur'an says about homosexuality ""And [We had sent] Lot when he said to his people, "Do you commit such immorality as no one has preceded you with from among the worlds? Indeed, you approach men with desire, instead of women. Rather, you are a transgressing people." But the answer of his people was only that they said, "Evict them from your city! Indeed, they are men who keep themselves pure." So We saved him and his family, except for his wife; she was of those who remained [with the evildoers]. And We rained upon them a rain [of stones]. Then see how was the end of the criminals."" Surah Al-A'raf [7:79-84] and this is just 5 passage in 1 surat, there are many others like Al-Mu'minoon [23:5-7]. It clearly called homosexuals evildoers and criminals.
And here's what the bible says about homosexuality "Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them. Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 1 Corinthians 6:9 - Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Timothy 1:8-11 - But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted. 2 Peter 2:6 (ESV): - ... by turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes [God] condemned them to extinction, making them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly. Jude 1:6-7 - And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire. Romans 1:32 - Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them. Proverbs 24:24–25 - He who says to the wicked, 'You are righteous,' Peoples will curse him, nations will abhor him; But to those who rebuke the wicked will be delight, And a good blessing will come upon them." It clearly says that they're ungodly and wicked. Both books condemn homosexuality and say that those who practice and approve of it deserve to die. And you think that it's good that American Muslims accept it, what they're doing is against their own scriptures, so either they're not authentic Muslims or they are just pretending. Western culture is far from being Christian, but that's alright, however let the people follow both their books and abide by the laws of the state they live in, that's what it truly means to separate chruch and state.
Do you think there's a significant difference between religions splintered off into numerous sub-religions and the 'authentic' religion changing?

Future

Those are the Bill Maher polls that he used when he was getting a lot of heat from his Muslim topics. It seems hard to believe of course, but even through all the debate before I never saw any clear reason to doubt the polls. Even though they reveal a lot of potential ugliness with House Islam is interpreted and practiced.

luigimario

Banned
I'm sorry but PEW is one of the most trustworthy sources for quantifiable data and it's certainly a hell of a lot better than any single point reference established through personal experience of a random forum poster. If you have any better sources to share, please do so instead of going full "omg lulz Breitbart" mode.

imatge_4_large.png

If you are aware of the notion of the radicalization pyramid you should know that terrorist and violent actions are never the result of a majority, but of a very small radical minority that is supported by sympathizers and/or tolerated by those who are apathetic. The question is not and has never been whether the majority of Muslims are radical terrorists, but rather if their religious doctrine cultivates tolerance for bigoted, hateful, oppressive and violent views. There is widespread scientific literature on the phenomenon of political and ideological radicalization, if you want to know more:

Take it from the late great Christopher Hitchens who dared hit the nail on the head and who can express it way more eloquently than I ever could:

AND I'M BEGINNING TO RESENT THE
CONFUSION THAT'S BEING IMPOSED
ON US NOW, AND THERE WAS SOME OF
IT THIS EVENING BETWEEN, UH,
RELIGIOUS BELIEF, BLASPHEMY,
ETHNICITY, PROFANITY, AND WHAT
ONE MIGHT CALL MULTICULTURAL
ETIQUETTE.
IT'S QUITE COMMON NOW FOR PEOPLE
TO USE THE EXPRESSION, FOR
EXAMPLE, “ANTI-ISLAMIC RACISM.”
AS IF AN ATTACK ON A RELIGION
WASN'T AN ATTACK ON AN ETHNIC
GROUP.
THE WORD “ISLAMOPHOBIA,” IN
FACT, IS BEGINNING TO ACQUIRE
THE OPPROBRIUM OF THE--
THAT WAS ONCE RESERVED FOR
RACIAL PREJUDICE.
THIS IS A SUBTLE AND VERY NASTY
INSINUATION THAT NEEDS TO BE MET
HEAD-ON.

[...]

NOW LET'S NOT DANCE AROUND; NOT
ALL MONOTHEISMS ARE EXACTLY THE
SAME AT THE MOMENT, BUT ALL
BASED ON THE SAME ILLUSION--
THEY'RE ALL PLAGIARISMS OF EACH
OTHER--
BUT THERE'S ONE IN PARTICULAR
THAT, AT THE MOMENT, IS
PROPOSING A SERIOUS MENACE NOT
JUST TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND
FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION, BUT TO
QUITE A LOT OF OTHER FREEDOMS,
TOO.
AND THIS IS THE RELIGION THAT
EXHIBITS THE HORRIBLE TRIO OF
SELF-HATRED, SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS,
AND SELF-PITY.
I'M TALKING ABOUT MILITANT
ISLAM.
IT CONTROLS AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT
OF OIL WEALTH.
SEVERAL LARGE COUNTRIES AND
STATES WITH AN ENORMOUS FORTUNE,
IT'S PUMPING THE IDEOLOGY OF
WAHHABISM AND SALAFISM AROUND
THE WORLD, POISONING SOCIETIES
WHERE IT GOES, RUINING THE MINDS
OF CHILDREN, STULTIFYING THE
YOUNG IN ITS MUD TROUSERS,
TRAINING PEOPLE IN VIOLENCE,
MAKING A CULT OF DEATH AND
SUICIDE AND MURDER.
THAT'S WHAT IT DOES GLOBALLY,
IT'S QUITE STRONG.
IN OUR SOCIETIES, IT POSES AS A
CRINGING MINORITY, WHOSE FAITH
YOU MIGHT OFFEND, WHICH DESERVES
ALL THE PROTECTION THAT A SMALL
AND VULNERABLE GROUP MIGHT NEED.
NOW, IT MAKES QUITE LARGE CLAIMS
FOR ITSELF.
DOESN'T IT?
IT SAYS IT'S THE FINAL
REVELATION.
IT SAYS THAT GOD SPOKE TO ONE
ILLITERATE BUSINESSMAN IN THE
ARABIAN PENINSULA THREE TIMES
THROUGH AN ARCHANGEL, AND THAT
THE RESULTING MATERIAL WHICH, AS
YOU CAN SEE WHEN YOU READ IT, IS
LARGELY PLAGIARIZED FROM THE OLD
AND THE NEW TESTAMENT...
ALMOST ALL OF IT, ACTUALLY,
PLAGIARIZED INEPTLY FROM THE OLD
AND NEW TESTAMENT.
IT'S TO BE ACCEPTED AS A DIVINE
REVELATION AND AS THE FINAL AND
UNALTERABLE ONE, AND THAT THOSE
WHO DO NOT ACCEPT THIS
REVELATION ARE FIT TO BE TREATED
AS CATTLE, INFIDELS, POTENTIAL
CHATTEL SLAVES AND VICTIMS.
WELL, I TELL YOU WHAT, I DON'T
THINK MUHAMMAD EVER HEARD THOSE
VOICES.
I DON'T BELIEVE IT.
NOW THE LIKELIHOOD THAT I'M
RIGHT AS OPPOSED TO THE
LIKELIHOOD THAT A SHEPHERD WHO
COULDN'T--
UH, BUSINESSMAN--
WHO COULDN'T READ HAD BITS OF
THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT
RE-DICTATED TO HIM BY AN
ARCHANGEL, I THINK PUTS ME MUCH
MORE NEAR THE POSITION OF BEING
OBJECTIVELY CORRECT.
BUT WHO IS THE ONE UNDER THREAT?
THE PERSON WHO PROMULGATES THIS
AND SAYS, “I'D BETTER LISTEN
BECAUSE IF I DON'T I'M IN
DANGER”?
OR ME, WHO SAYS, “NO, I THINK
THIS IS SO SILLY, YOU CAN EVEN
PUBLISH A CARTOON ABOUT IT.”
AND UP GO THE PLACARDS, AND UP
GO THE YELLS AND THE HOWLS AND
THE SCREAMS, “BEHEAD THOSE!”
THIS IS IN LONDON, THIS IS IN
TORONTO, THIS IS IN NEW YORK.
IT'S RIGHT IN OUR MIDST NOW.
“BEHEAD THOSE!
BEHEAD THOSE WHO CARTOON ISLAM!”
DO THEY GET ARRESTED FOR HATE SPEECH?
NO.
MIGHT I GET IN TROUBLE FOR
SAYING WHAT I'VE JUST SAID ABOUT
THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD?
YES, I MIGHT.
WHERE ARE YOUR PRIORITIES,
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN?
YOU'RE GIVING AWAY WHAT'S MOST
PRECIOUS IN YOUR OWN SOCIETY AND
YOU'RE GIVING IT AWAY WITHOUT A
FIGHT, AND YOU'RE EVEN PRAISING
THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO DENY YOU
THE RIGHT TO RESIST IT.
SHAME ON YOU WHILE YOU DO THIS.
MAKE THE BEST USE OF THE TIME
YOU'VE GOT LEFT.
THIS IS REALLY SERIOUS.
NOW...
IF YOU LOOK ANYWHERE YOU LIKE--
BECAUSE WE'VE HAD INVOCATIONS OF
A RATHER DRIVELLING AND SICKLY
KIND TONIGHT IF OUR SYMPATHY,
WHAT ABOUT THE POOR FAGS?
WHAT ABOUT THE POOR JEWS, THE
WRETCHED WOMEN WHO CAN'T TAKE
THE ABUSE?
AND THE SLAVES AND THEIR
DESCENDANTS, AND THE TRIBES WHO
DIDN'T MAKE IT AND WERE TOLD
THAT THEIR LAND WAS FORFEIT.
LOOK ANYWHERE YOU LIKE FOR THE
WARRANT FOR SLAVERY, FOR THE
SUBJECTION OF WOMEN AS CHATTEL,
FOR THE BURNING AND FLOGGING OF
HOMOSEXUALS, FOR ETHNIC
CLEANSING, FOR ANTI-SEMITISM--
FOR ALL OF THIS, YOU LOOK NO
FURTHER THAN A FAMOUS BOOK
THAT'S ON EVERY PULPIT IN THIS
CITY AND IN EVERY SYNAGOGUE AND
IN EVERY MOSQUE.
AND THEN JUST SEE WHETHER YOU
CAN SQUARE THE FACT THAT THE
FORCE THAT IS THE MAIN SOURCE OF
HATRED IS ALSO THE MAIN CALLER
FOR CENSORSHIP.
AND WHEN YOU'VE REALIZED THAT
YOU'RE THEREFORE, THIS EVENING,
FACED WITH A GIGANTIC FALSE
ANTITHESIS, I HOPE THAT STILL
WON'T STOP YOU FROM GIVING THE
MOTION BEFORE YOU THE RESOUNDING
ENDORSEMENT THAT IT DESERVES.
THANKS AWFULLY.
NIGHT-NIGHT.

Do you want to label him an Islamophobic Breitbart reader too? Go ahead, I dare you!

Like I said previously, if PEW polled christians or any other religious groups from similar backgrounds ie, under constant bombardment, poorly educated, under dictatorships, living in poverty, etc etc, you would get a very similar result. This notion that majority of muslims sympathise with terrorists is absurd, since 90% of the victims of these terrorist groups are muslim, and 90% of the people fighting the very same terrorists are also muslim.

ZombieInsider97

Neo Member
Do you think there's a significant difference between religions splintered off into numerous sub-religions and the 'authentic' religion changing?
Yes, changing the 'authentic' religion, means also changing the scriptures, for better or worse. The scriptures should always be left intact, it's for human record, whether that religion will die in the future or not. Humans in the future must be able to see what their ancestors believed in. That's very important, it's foolish to change the 'authentic' religion, it could even lead to violence, as it did in the past.

Dad.

I agree completely. Most religious people I've met are cool. It's the fundamentalists that are fucked up. I just feel like OP was trying to do a whole "see, Muslims are better than Christians" routine.
There are more fundamentalist Christians than Muslims in the US

Dad.

Sur
Except in Christianity the text it is founded on, The New Testament, says to reach out to sinners and love them as if they were Christ. And to not do that is to not do it to Christ. So what you see in America is a bunch of people who fit the classification of the Sadducees and would not be considered fundamental Christians according to the faith itself.

The juxtaposition with Islam is that the fundamental Islamist could advocate killing a gay person if they would not stop their sin according to sharia law.

Fundamentalist Christians in America tend to be blanket words used by the secular media to really paint a picture of stupid people who refute science and believe the world is 2000 years old, possibly flat, and vote to hide sin from the public all the while waiting to point out their hypocrisy when exposed.

Westernized Muslims in America tend to be held up as whataboutisms when people criticize the Islam societies for numerous reasons by the same media.
Sure, which is why Evangelical Christians have been on the vanguard of supporting gay equality. /S

There are more Christians than Muslims in the US. They more more, therefore blocking gay progress more.

Bolivar687

Banned
There are more fundamentalist Christians than Muslims in the US

"Fundamentalist" entails something entirely different for Muslims than it does for Christians, though.

This is folly. We shouldn't be morally ranking people according to which religion they practice and what country they live in. It makes me mildly nauscious when people start differentiating between the good Christians and "the bad ones."

Respect people's right to believe - that's hard coded into the American double helix. That also means don't vilify them for their personal opinions on the sacraments and human conduct, even if it happens to offend your sensitivities.

Dad.

"Fundamentalist" entails something entirely different for Muslims than it does for Christians, though.

This is folly. We shouldn't be morally ranking people according to which religion they practice and what country they live in. It makes me mildly nauscious when people start differentiating between the good Christians and "the bad ones."

Respect people's right to believe - that's hard coded into the American double helix. That also means don't vilify them for their personal opinions on the sacraments and human conduct, even if it happens to offend your sensitivities.
Sure it's their right to believe. It's also my right to call out their discrimination. They chose to suppress equal rights. What about personal responsibility?

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
Sure it's their right to believe. It's also my right to call out their discrimination. They chose to suppress equal rights. What about personal responsibility?

The Supreme Court of the United States has removed this issue from the democratic process. Their personal opinions on marriage have no bearing on what you are construing as "equal rights."

You're not calling out any kind of discrimination - you're just acting like an asshole.

Dad.

The Supreme Court of the United States has removed this issue from the democratic process. Their personal opinions on marriage have no bearing on what you are construing as "equal rights."

You're not calling out any kind of discrimination - you're just acting like an asshole.

You are ignoring their history of opposing equal rights. They allowed their personal beliefs to translate into votes. Have they taken personal responsibility for decades of voting for anti gay rights politicians? Or is this deflection?

Are they now supporting equal rights in America? The supreme court changes. And the White Evangelical Christians generally want conservative justices. It was the more liberal justices that supported equal rights and the ending of marriage discrimination.

Last edited:

As a Christian, I disagree.

In fact, as a Christian, nothing pisses me off more than other Christians who, through their unChristlike worldview, make me look bad. Much of the work I do in ministry is having to differentiate myself, my ministry, my church, from "the bad ones."

Top Bottom