• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man claims girlfriend accidentally choked during oral sex -- not guilty of murder

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
i almost made a thread about this the other day when i saw he wanted to show the jury his dick but thought better of it.

can't believe he walked away from this. RIP to the woman and holy hell do I feel bad for her family. imagine your mother/aunt/whoever dying like this and knowing that's how she went out. just a fucking nightmare scenario. jokes are in really poor taste.

Aselith

i almost made a thread about this the other day when i saw he wanted to show the jury his dick but thought better of it.

can't believe he walked away from this. RIP to the woman and holy hell do I feel bad for her family. imagine your mother/aunt/whoever dying like this and knowing that's how she went out. just a fucking nightmare scenario. jokes are in really poor taste.

Yeah, I guess so. Apologies for making a joke about it.

But seriously, why would the ladies and gentlemen of the jury need to see his dick???

This is really bothering me

I guess so that they could determine whether was possible to be choked on.

This story seems like a microcosm of America's issue with violence (sexual and otherwise) against women. I also think he just straight up murdered the woman and the jury deliberating for only hours in a case like this seems insane.

border

I don't really mean for this to sound like a joke, but man, that funeral must have been really awkward. If you were in this guy's shoes and it really was an accident.....would you have attended the service?

jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-its-enough.gif

tenor.gif

border

You can choke to death on a chicken wing or a piece of steak that you haven't chewed enough......it's really not at all necessary that any juror see photographs of a penis, so they can determine whether or not it was big enough to choke somebody. That motion was insane.

Kthulhu

Sounds to me like they don't have enough evidence to convict. Assuming he's telling the truth, I'm sure he feels awful.

You can choke to death on a chicken wing or a piece of steak that you haven't chewed enough......it's really not at all necessary that any juror see photographs of a penis, so they can determine whether or not it was big enough to choke somebody. That motion was insane.

That's why I was very confused

Yet the judge was considering it o_O

This reminds me of my dad telling me about a similar case on the drive to school. He didn't go into detail but it must have really bothered him and I guess he needed someone to talk about it to.

I was in the 5th grade and had no idea what he was talking about at the time.

border

Sounds to me like they don't have enough evidence to convict. Assuming he's telling the truth, I'm sure he feels awful.

I think what seals it is that the coroner could not determine a cause of death, and said that his story was at least "possible". I wish I knew more about that though. Like, were they able to rule out any other possible causes of death? At that age, you could probably just have a heart attack from any sort of trauma or stress.

CodonAUG

I was under the impression the reason he would show his penis would be to show there are no signs of a struggle -- like teeth marks or anything?

This reminds me of my dad telling me about a similar case on the drive to school. He didn't go into detail but it must have really bothered him and I guess he needed someone to talk about it to.

I was in the 5th grade and had no idea what he was talking about at the time.

Jim-Halpert-Looks-at-Computer-Shakes-Head.gif

I was under the impression the reason he would show his penis would be to show there are no signs of a struggle -- like teeth marks or anything?

I thought that might be the case but there was like 2 years between the event and the trial. Would have all healed by then if anything

Kthulhu

I think what seals it is that the coroner could not determine a cause of death, and said that his story was at least "possible". I wish I knew more about that though. Like, were they able to rule out any other possible causes of death? At that age, you could probably just have a heart attack from any sort of trauma or stress.
Yeah, unfortunately all we have is the guys word, so there's not even a way to prove he's not lying (not that that matters considering they couldn't provide definitive evidence that he was guilty).

Keri

It takes a while for someone to suffocate and I find it hard to believe there weren't any signs. Best case scenario is he just ignored her and was oblivious to her dying. Worst case scenario he did it on purpose. Either way, hope other women steer clear of this man, for the rest of his life.

Spladam

These jokes aren't funny
In poor taste? Yes. But I laughed, some pretty clever wit here on the GAF. Yes, a woman is dead, but comedy is comedy, and it always comes down to the "rape joke paradox". If we think to much about every sad thing in the world, then the world is overwhelmingly sad. Have you seen SNL's "Evil invention" bit?

How many days after the trial til he starts calling his dick the 'murder weapon'.
God dammit.

I have a really hard time believing it was an accident. Strangulation doesn't happen in just 10 or 20 seconds, and even a woman trying really hard to fight a gag reflex to please her partner at some point is going to struggle in a manner than is clearly a sign of distress.

I know it's not fair to judge but I almost am willing to say the dude choked her just to say he killed a woman with his massive penis.

How is that not murder? He had to have held her down.

I guess I'm not entirely sure how choking/strangulation works. To kill somebody wouldn't you pretty much have to continue choking them long after they passed out? It seems to me you would have to ignore a ton of warning signals to actually kill a person.

A woman got murdered and yet reading this thread felt like reading youtube comments made by edgy kids.

Oh well, may the victim rest in peace, my condolence to her family.

A woman got murdered and yet reading this thread felt like reading youtube comments made by edgy kids.

Oh well, may the victim rest in peace, my condolence to her family.

Dark comedy must be against the law around here. Shit lighten up mate. Do you think I/we
who posted jokes are actually dogpiling on the victim here? Do you honestly think we go around treating everything and everyone in life as a joke? Do you feel superior for posting RIP?

Yes it is tragic and sad, nothing wrong with the occasional joke though. You know psychology 101 says comedy and laughing at tragic events is a coping mechanism, so if you really want to get into it...

I'll leave it to Mark Twain who said it better: “Humor is tragedy plus time.” Note the events in this case are older than today's resurfacing of the matter.

Awful fucking way to go. To take it to such an extreme extent that is kills her doesnt sound like an accident. Fuck these jokes, christ.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Yeeeeeaaah, no. You have to put your hand on the back of their head and keep them in place long enough to starve their body of oxygen long enough for them not to recover. Unless it was the ejaculation, which in that case, dude has some thick product.

I'm all for the kinky shit in the bedroom, especially once you're comfortable enough with each other to do shit that you'd never speak of in public, but it looks like dude took it too far.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Ummm wtf is wrong with the people making jokes in this thread?

It's being willfully ignorant to claim you don't know why threads like this are posted. Threads like "Man crushed by hentai collection" or "Man dies eating giant voodoo donut"

A little bit of Levity is healthy IMO. Although, I can understand why it can be upsetting to see.

Mathieran

Banned
There's a "he got off" pun here somewhere, but I've given up on finding it.

What a way to die, regardless.

He got off..on all charges?

Seriously fucked up story though. I don't think you can do something like that on accident without seeing the signs and stopping. Negligent at the very least.

Top Bottom