• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man dead after 'knife attack' in Woolwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicktendo86

By breaking up the ghettoes Zomg just means allow gentrification to enable the City to encroach on bordering areas and move low-income residents somewhere else.
Speaking as someone who was born and grew up in a low income area, I say good. My area I Bethnal Green is full of waste of space scrounges who don't want to do anything, the city moving east has brought business, oppotunity and development.

Gawge

Unfortunately the community needs targeting. We can dance around and pretend it doesn't, but it does. I'd hope that people would understand and help to oust the radical elements from their midst.

'Targeting' a community is a quick and easy way to escalate issues.

People believe what they believe, and no government policy can stop that. Islamic schools should not be banned, though I can definitely see an argument for 'faith' schools being banned. It should be the civil problem which is targeted, nothing to do with specific religions.

Juicy Bob

Fucking hell.

Usually I don't have a phsyical reaction to news like this, but I genuinely feel sick watching the reports about this.

Sanjay

That youtube video is insane, bloody hands with weapon, guy dead on the floor and people are filming it and in the background going on as nothing has happened. Where the fuck are we.

There are a couple of million of Muslims in the UK and by those odds, terrorism was always to be likely. Surely you can understand nothing can be done to guarantee that acts of violence like this be prevented? Everyone would be for tangible, effective measures to stop these things from happening, or at the very least lessen the rate they may happen but there is no logic in adopting broad sweeping measures that would only serve to perpetuate the victimisation complex amongst Muslims that would not make us any safer but probably lead to real community tensions.

So what do you propose? Allowing the continuation of our current policy which has led to paedophile gangs, terrorism, the usurpation of the British justice system by sharia courts. None of these things are good for the country and the situation is just getting worse.

BBC were saying they were high on drugs.

How could they possibly know that without the toxicology report?

Hindle

Banned
It's because it's the Islamic community that has a problem with extremism that the community leaders have not done enough to fix within the community and whatever the government are doing isn't working either.

It's worth mentioning the Islamic community in some case are actually aware of attacks being planned but do nothing to stop it , or contact the police even.

I'm sure you're aware of the foiled attack in Birmingham? Well the Muslim communities knew it was going down. The police were baffled by it.

slider

Fucking cunts.

Boko Haram have had operations carried out against them over the weekend. But it's always been thought that problem would remain relatively localised.

RedShift

Unfortunately the community needs targeting. We can dance around and pretend it doesn't, but it does. I'd hope that people would understand and help to oust the radical elements from their midst.

Lol, yeah put it into to law that their culture and religion is to be given less rights than any other. That'll calm stuff right down.

Or we could not take action against a whole section of society based on an incredibly small minority of people. Who knows.

slider

So the response will be was this orchestrated from overseas? If so, the "lone actor" fear will multiply by a huge amount.

It's basic due diligence.

RedShift

So what do you propose? Allowing the continuation of our current policy which has led to paedophile gangs, terrorism, the usurpation of the British justice system by sharia courts. None of these things are good for the country and the situation is just getting worse.

Your solution will make things worse. Much worse.

SmokyDave

So, the entire community is at fault to some degree for not doing enough to prevent even a single Muslim out of +2million to commit an act of terror? I consider you a reasonable person, so I'm genuinely confused as to your thinking. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something?
When did I say that? I said we should target the Islamic community and that I'd hope the community would understand why. You don't fight Islamic terrorism by going after the CoE or Jewish schools.

'Targeting' a community is a quick and easy way to escalate issues.

People believe what they believe, and no government policy can stop that. Islamic schools should not be banned, though I can definitely see an argument for 'faith' schools being banned. It should be the civil problem which is targeted, nothing to do with specific religions.
It is a problem with a specific religion.

Every time someone who happens to be Muslim commits a crime, it's terrorism.
Man, every time someone commits an act of terrorism, it's described as terrorism. Crazy.

Bo-Locks

Every time someone who happens to be Muslim commits a crime, it's terrorism.

Once again.

Everything points to it being a terrorist attack and shouting "Allahu akbar" while chopping a dudes head off is a fairly strong giveaway that it's a political/religiously motivated terrorist attack.

They attacked a soldier outside his barracks.
They nearly(?) decapitated him.
They told people to film it.
They waited for and then attacked the police.
They reportedly shouted "Allahu akbar" while attacking the man.

EDL , right ?

This is some proper horseshit.

What part of that is actually horseshit? If you want to live in a country, integrate the fuck into it.

Everything suggested by zomg is fairly common sense. Since you seem to have such a problem with it, this would indicate you support:

No English lessons for immigrants
No equivalency exam before granting citizenship
Solidification of ghettos
Opening up more radical Mosques that preach Sharia
Muslim kids segregated from other schools and enrolled in Islam schools only.

Left-wing idealist anarchist, right?

How could they possibly know that without the toxicology report?

What policy has led to paedophile gangs? I wasn't aware child sex offenders, or gangs, was a Muslim problem. If this is your mentality in terms of linking X to Y, then I dare ask what you think about the black community considering the prison population ratio of blacks. What are these Shari'ah courts doing illegal, or distinct to what is being done by Jewish Beth Din courts?

I don't know what can be done to improve the situation, but I can certainly recognise what would make it worse. I can only suggest you put more thought into your ideas in this regard because, with all due respect, they seem emotionally charged.

Polari

What part of that is actually horseshit? If you want to live in a country, integrate the fuck into it.

Everything suggested by zomg is fairly common sense. Since you seem to have such a problem with it, this would indicate you support:

No English lessons for immigrants
No equivalency exam before granting citizenship
Solidification of ghettos
Opening up more radical Mosques that preach Sharia
Muslim kids segregated from other schools and enrolled in Islam schools only.

Left-wing idealist anarchist, right?

Talk about reaching. It's about preserving freedom of speech and religion.

When did I say that? I said we should target the Islamic community and that I'd hope the community would understand why. You don't fight Islamic terrorism by going after the CoE or Jewish schools.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you, Dave. Let me ask you though: what link do you there is between Islamic private schools to international terrorism, and what would you consider a prudent course of action in regards to the wider Muslim community

Juicy Bob

Fuck ITV for broadcasting the terrorists' video.

What sort of fucking example is it if you give someone who's just hacked an innocent man to death in public a national platform to spout hate? Bunch of ratings seeking cunts.

Fuck ITV for broadcasting the terrorists' video.

What sort of fucking example is it if you give someone who's just hacked an innocent man to death in public a national platform to spout hate? Bunch of ratings seeking cunts.

I agree. The whole point of their attack was to use this man's death as a platform to air their politics. Broadcasting that on national TV ensures their aim was achieved. We shouldn't encourage this.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
lmao PAEDO GANGS
Rn5QJ5N.gif
SHARIA LAW
Rn5QJ5N.gif

Dat UKIP vote

good job ignoring every other fact

Man, every time someone commits an act of terrorism, it's described as terrorism. Crazy.

Once again.

Yeah. Remember back in the good ol' days when muslims just killed people for the fuck of it? Good times.
Nobody said 'murder' is awesome, but mislabeling and drawing knee-jerk conclusions based on stereotypes without an investigation and evidence is the attitude of fundamentalists, not rational people.

When the white guys shot up a movie theater or a school, that isn't terrorism, they're just crazy. But if they happened to be Muslim...?

Terrorism intrinsically requires some sort of coercion toward a political objective. Unless these people had a manifesto that I haven't yet heard about, or are actively connected to terrorist cells and organizations, it shouldn't yet be labeled as terrorism.

You guys are correlating a commonality in modern terrorists (being Muslim) with these murderers, and then crafting your own causal narrative without actual evidence.

Am I missing something here, or am I so horrifically desensitised that I didn't find the ITV report linked to on here that disturbing?

A guy off his face, with blood on his hands, and a panning shot of a car in a lampost? Yeah, what happened is pretty reprehensible, but that ITV footage certainly didn't repulse me the way some folk seem to be on here.

You guys are correlating a commonality in modern terrorists (being Muslim) with these murderers, and then crafting your own causal narrative without actual evidence.

What is it about the fact that they were shouting "Allahu akbar" while decapitating a soldier just yards from his military base that you don't seem to comprehend exactly?

Hindle

Banned
CHEEZMO™;58623273 said:
lmao PAEDO GANGS
Rn5QJ5N.gif
SHARIA LAW
Rn5QJ5N.gif

Dat UKIP vote

Have you not heard about the Rochdale rape gang? Or the Oxford cases, 10 year old girls being sold as slaves by Pakistani gangs?

You're very ill informed and ignorant to pass it off as the Ukip vote, not to mention disrespectful to the victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom