• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Happy corgi is the happiest.

Mine is always happy because she just looks like that. She isn't named Ein either, which makes her a lot cooler.

Actual picture of dog in question:

6xYqn12.jpg

Stinky

I've almost fully transitioned to manga at this point..

Kaiji part 1 is my favorite anime though and I think it has a better anime adaptation

The early art in the manga is bad and its not fully translated either.
but holy moly the music and art direction of the anime. The voice actors for Kaiji and the narrator are legendary

KUYOSHI

All time greatest moment in anime for me is when Kaiji turns around on the beam
and the old man had intentionally fallen

Nickelodeon 15

Excellent, the gaps are being filled in. I really need to read more of this guy's stuff (and give Voynich Hotel a second chance).

Also Medaka Box is out.

Edit: Yeah, that could've easily been the final chapter. Kumugawa's speech was truly inspirational. He has to be sticking around after graduation since he's too amazing (i.e. popular) to be cut. Ajimu revival teaser was tasty as well.

I don't think we need the "F-" we already did that in OT7.
A+. It's overkill.

Kurita

I'd say that GTO is my favorite anime even though I think the manga is better.
It mostly has to do with nostalgy since I watched it with my brother years ago, and the French dub was really enjoyable. The OST was awesome.
Space Brothers is the runner-up.

upandaway

So anyway I'm out for the day, if you guys start the new thread in the next 8 hours I'll be FURIOUSly understanding (considering the number of this post)

The people arent as bad as you are making them :/ assuming youre serious.

And I think most people are watching much less than 10 non continuing shows a season, really.
Nah I meant 9 including continuing shows (Space Bros, Jojo, Gintama and Sakurasou). I'd watch GJ-bu which would take it to 10 but it somehow slipped, I'm pretty sure I'll like it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Medaka Box

Nisio you glorious troll. The entire time I'm reading this chapter I think it's the last one, it wraps stuff up in a nice little bow. You even let Kumagawa win! But no, at the very end of the chapter on what looks like the last page you put in little text near the top "Stay tuned for the new arc" or whatever. Nisio you are truly the greatest troll of our generation. I applaud you.

Oh Nisio, you can troll me forever.

dumbyugi

Medaka Box

If someone had told me this was the last chapter I would have believed them. If it wasn't for that one little bit of text on the last page then I would have just assumed this was the end.

Medaka Box

That should have been the end, it brought full circle the plot and resolved everything. The fact there is going to be a "next arc" is stupid how do you even possibly raise the stakes now?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's going to be borderline incomprehensible bullshit, for sure, but that's just because that's every arc of Medaka Box.

Kurita

Yes ft. Pase Rock might be my favorite Nujabes track.

I really like the Samurai Champloo OST but never actually watched it.

Stinky

I really like the Samurai Champloo OST but never actually watched it.

Me too.

Really love Arurian Dance, thats some chill music. I don't listen to very much rap music but Battlecry is really good as well.

EDIT: There are sooo many manga and by some extension anime series that I am meaning to get to *eventually*. Samurai are cool as hell (see avatar)

Akito

Did you guys prefer Bebop or Champloo?
Bebop, by a landslide. But that applies to most anime so eh.

Medaka Box
If I didn't know that a new arc is coming, I would have felt trolled. Kumagawa was brilliant once again, I hope he will somehow stick around. And I think Nisio is still trolling us hard with Ajimu ;_;

Big One

Banned
Meh, DBZ is pretty boring. It's very typical of all shounen.
I will say this about Dragonball: On a technical level, it's pretty much worse then the majority of shonen out there currently (and this really applies to most older manga).

But on a historic level it really was ahead of it's time. The setting in Dragonball is so lush and fantastic that it really transcended what it meant to be a shonen manga at the time of it's release.

The character design is still some of the best in the industry today (with the exception of when Toriyama draws his characters to look like they're exploding like in the Android Saga). Simple, yet charming and very effective at what it does whether it's meant to be menacing, cool, or funny. And really, as shown in Toriyama's success in the video game industry, that's really Toriyama's forte and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Atredeus

Neo Member
Medaka Box
Seriously, how is no one mentioning the epic troll in Medaka's adventures after the moonblasting? All of those sound epic, and we will probably never hear another thing about it.

Bebop > FLCL > Champloo > Big O/Outlaw Star/Trigun/whatever other anime you wanna put here > Blue Gender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom