• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Sandfox

Robo jumped up then right back down.

Nice. I'm always down for sports manga so I'll make sure to check this out. I should probably try out Hinomaru Zumou too.

Kimetsu no Yaiba 63
Series has been great since the forest arc. Surprised we are getting the rank 3 moon so soon. Hopefully Rengoku doesn't bite it here.

Hinomaru Zumou is really good.

bring back actually good baseball mangas please
Mix is probably one of Adachi's weaker titles, but it's fun.

No confirmation, but with pass comment, knowing that HxH is coming back, WT could come back at anytime and that kenshin is a sure addtion, I really doubt that even a successful series would get added.

They'll have space when rxl is canceled in the next year or so.

Still legit stunned samon survived as long as it did. It must have just survived by the skin of its teeth due to some combination of too many bigger series ending, wanting to see if it could grow an audience (it didn't), there being other series doing even worse then it to cancel, and of course wt and hxh being on hiatus. Samon may very well be the lamb sacrificed to let hxh back into the line up.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch557

Such a rough world they live in.

Their Story ch132

Dang it.

Beastars ch26-27

Legosi sure can be dense. At least it's clear that Louis cares more about his image than a possible rivalry concerning Haru.

Rokudou no Onna-tachi ch28

Glad that the policeman is doing well. Good closure to this arc.

Nordicus

Depression with Succubus 1-12

I enjoy seeing the angel suffer.
1aifhhb.jpg
Just warms my heart.

Mon Resu 2 (RAW)
Man, she's all bark and all bite. I think her opponent might've gotten better results had she adopted more traditional tentacle methods, but then this isn't an R-18 manga. Judging from Ganmarei's pixiv comments, the future of this depends on its reception. I'm highly receptive to more, particularly if the referee gets to flex her ocular muscles in the ring at some stage.

Kimetsu no Yaiba 1-63

Wow I just read through this at lighting speed. It's way too good. Tanjirou has to be one of my favourite protagonist. His way of doing things and being logical while still being angry. The way he developped has a character so far has been fantastic too. He also bounce super well with the other characters. Rengoku-san being a really good new addition and that current fight...gosh.

Also man his the art gory sometimes. Love how terrible and hard to look he makes death, while not making it utterly disgusting like some artist.

Oh yea I think this is one of my new favorites. I loved it way too much.

Kimetsu no Yaiba 1-63

Wow I just read through this at lighting speed. It's way too good. Tanjirou has to be one of my favourite protagonist. His way of doing things and being logical while still being angry. The way he developped has a character so far has been fantastic too. He also bounce super well with the other characters. Rengoku-san being a really good new addition and that current fight...gosh.

Also man his the art gory sometimes. Love how terrible and hard to look he makes death, while not making it utterly disgusting like some artist.

Rip kimetsu no yaiba you had a good run

:p

Ascheroth

Kimetsu no Yaiba 1-63

*high five*

Rip kimetsu no yaiba you had a good run

:p
Nah, Kimetsu is not a new manga! Otherwise MHA would be dead too. :p

*high five*

Nah, Kimetsu is not a new manga! Otherwise MHA would be dead too. :p

I made my joke

Don't counter it please

kimetsu no yaiba has continued to do really well since it launched, I know it's not going anywhere, which is why viz dragging ass on licensing it pisses me off

A.J.

Banned
I made my joke

Don't counter it please

kimetsu no yaiba has continued to do really well since it launched, I know it's not going anywhere, which is why viz dragging ass on licensing it pisses me off

It probably needs a good bit of western demand to be added at this point. A well made anime would help.

It probably needs a good bit of western demand to be added at this point. A well made anime would help.

The problem is when it does get its anime and becomes popular like haikyuu and assclass they'll play catch up and never add it to the weekly magazine.

Ascheroth

A Kimetsu no Yaiba anime would be awesome-

Black Torch 5

I'm really liking the gritty art.

It's a typical shonen story, but it's fun, features a supernatural cat and the art is good.
Next chapter is Rago time? Yes, please.

A Kimetsu no Yaiba anime would be awesome-

Black Torch 5

I'm really liking the gritty art.

It's a typical shonen story, but it's fun, features a supernatural cat and the art is good.
Next chapter is Rago time? Yes, please.
If they were to make an anime now what would be a good stopping point? The spiders with the lower moon? Finish with the meeting of pillars.

Ascheroth

If they were to make an anime now what would be a good stopping point? The spiders with the lower moon? Finish with the meeting of pillars.
Yeah, I would say the spider arc makes a good climax. The pillar meeting would make a good epilogue while also opening up the scope with the new characters.
Though it depends on whether you want to end with a season 2 tease, or end with some sort of closure.

I'm just wondering if the recovery arc should be the end and it stops with them being back on their feet, leaving the house for a new adventure, or not.

Yeah, I would say the spider arc makes a good climax. The pillar meeting would make a good epilogue while also opening up the scope with the new characters.
Though it depends on whether you want to end with a season 2 tease, or end with some sort of closure.

I'm just wondering if the recovery arc should be the end and it stops with them being back on their feet, leaving the house for a new adventure, or not.
Depends. I think the recovery arc could be a good start back point, but I could see why some would find it slow.

The only thing that an adaptation could suffer off could be censorship at times.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Mix is probably one of Adachi's weaker titles, but it's fun.

Adding to this it's really really good, outside of the usual reasonably slowish start It has a great pacing and it's abundantly clear how well planned out the story is. Plays around with subverts and plays straight all sorts of sports shounen tropes it's really a love letter to the genre.

Zweizer

Banned
Our Journey to Lesbian Motherhood ch7

Someone supportive and understanding would indeed be the best.

Nejimaki Kagyu ch50

I say this every other chapter, but man, students nowadays are really scary.

Hungry Marie ch10

Well that was quite the proposal. Good for him!

Zweizer

Banned
(NSFW) Kaiki Nantai Katatsumuri Musume by Ganma Rei

Snail girls are pretty rare, and this one has a rather interesting design. Anyways, the important lesson here is to not abuse of others generosity, or something.

bobohoro

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer Vol 5-7

I think the manga is even better on a reread. There is still that rough batch early on when all of the Beast Knights get thrown together without much fanfare and the reader scrambles to remember them all, but it actually works out in favor of characterization, since you warm up to most of the cast while they are more or less background characters and then get to experience their backstory and arc later on.
It's also refreshingly off-beat with regards to some basic story developments without being unpredictable. You feel the twist in advance, but never really guess the timing, which makes for good surprises and big impacts.
Looking forward to the big finale, which I still remember fondly.

Chase17

Adding to this it's really really good, outside of the usual reasonably slowish start It has a great pacing and it's abundantly clear how well planned out the story is. Plays around with subverts and plays straight all sorts of sports shounen tropes it's really a love letter to the genre.
Looks like I know what I'm reading next.

Kimetsu no Yaiba 1-63
Disturbing lack of Inosuke in this post.

Best troll move would to be to end it with
Tanjirou getting knocked out in the forest.
I think you end it before the recovery arc, since there is a lot of character stuff in there that may be too much of a departure from the climax.
The problem is when it does get its anime and becomes popular like haikyuu and assclass they'll play catch up and never add it to the weekly magazine.
I'm glad they are doing a volume a month for Haikyuu but it's too bad it will never be added weekly.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer Vol 5-7

I think the manga is even better on a reread. There is still that rough batch early on when all of the Beast Knights get thrown together without much fanfare and the reader scrambles to remember them all, but it actually works out in favor of characterization, since you warm up to most of the cast while they are more or less background characters and then get to experience their backstory and arc later on.
It's also refreshingly off-beat with regards to some basic story developments without being unpredictable. You feel the twist in advance, but never really guess the timing, which makes for good surprises and big impacts.
Looking forward to the big finale, which I still remember fondly.

Your reading is making me want to re-read. But I reread it too much and have been meaning to start something new. But god damn that finale.....

Lain

I recently made a discovery. A LINDA manga (Mesu Saga) got published over here. It surprised me, because it came out of the blue. Usually there is some announcement but nope, they release it behind my back and I find out only after the fact. Gotta wonder if it's to pair up with the content of the volume since it's all cheating/NTR.

Zweizer

Banned
Keijo ch154

Finally they'll face the bigwigs. Their next match promises to be interesting.

Code:
[img]https://s15.postimg.org/fphamvkhn/ass.png[/img]

Don't worry, it's just blood.

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro ch24

All that fuss over getting wet. It's definitely more fun when doing it together though. Manana made for a convince sage, if only for a moment, though her incantation would probably lead to them getting wetter, lol.

Code:
[img]https://s14.postimg.org/e2aisy5s1/idiot.png[/img]

The best job of the world!

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch558

Bold move, let's see how it pays off.

Iinazuke Kyoutei ch41

The teacher part was honestly more interesting.

Taruranto

Sakura #12

You know, this stuff is kinda jarring. I think the manga takes place 3-4 years after the end of the original series (That clearly took place in the '90), but it's clearly written as if it's taking place in 2017, eh.

Top Bottom