• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Numb

Don't Make Me So Turned On 1 (NSFW)
ZkZwiVa.jpg

From the award-winning author of Is My Hobby Weird? (aka yuri butts) comes an inspired new adventure about the lives of office ladies. Actually, the premise seems far more mundane than butts' was, but only connoisseurs will be interested in the plot.

I can handle it as long as it's not Zweizer recommending the NSFW stuff

Zweizer

Banned
Don't make me call the cops!
Last time i checked one of your recs there were 3 orc ladies tag teaming some fat dude.
Lord help me.

It's not like any of them were particularly unattractive, with some perspective! Plus, I posted like a dozen more recs since then! Surely you would've enjoyed some.

That's smut discrimination!

I mean I've read most of the NSFW recommendations shared here and I think there are only two I couldn't read to the end..

One was the one where it all becomes about shitting, and the other was the Yotsuba one that involves drugs, overdoses & other crap. I had to go get some mind bleach after that Yotsuba one...

But I'm always more cautious when Zweizer recommends them....

Zweizer

Banned
I didn't say i hated it *cough*

aoywe.png

Don't worry. The police enjoys smut as well~

I mean I've read most of the NSFW recommendations shared here and I think there are only two I couldn't read to the end..

One was the one where it all becomes about shitting, and the other was the Yotsuba one that involves drugs, overdoses & other crap. I had to go get some mind bleach after that Yotsuba one...

But I'm always more cautious when Zweizer recommends them....

Geez, I generally go pretty easy on y'all you know!

MCD

Promised Neverland
C4kB0TAWYAApKzV.jpg:large

Havent teared up this much from a manga chapter since BLack Clover :(

They should just leave Emma and let Ray and Norman escape. Its the only way for everyone to survive. Emma can have a happy childhood knowing that her friends got away and that she can eventually become a mom. Its the safest way out.

A plot with Norman fleeing and the others left alone in a higher security is not good.

I need next chapter today.

They are kids. Please don't turn it into a weekly yaoi fantasy.

FACE

Banned
Don't Make Me So Turned On 1 (NSFW)

From the award-winning author of Is My Hobby Weird? (aka yuri butts) comes an inspired new adventure about the lives of office ladies. Actually, the premise seems far more mundane than butts' was, but only connoisseurs will be interested in the plot.

Yuri is so boring.

given previous comments that sounds like a impossibility

Yeah, I'm not delusional, the dudes gonna have the most detailed vaginas you can find in Japanese drawings next to all the action until the end of time so it's pretty much "Welp, guess I'll just have to deal"

Don't make me call the cops!
Last time i checked one of your recs there were 3 orc ladies tag teaming some fat dude.
Lord help me.

I remember that one.

They are kids. Please don't turn it into a weekly yaoi fantasy.

My enjoyment of this board has increased so much once I actually started using the Ignore User feature. Evened out my temper too.

Samon the Summoner 25

This was a nice change of pace; it was still very funny thanks to the emotionally hurt demons but gave a more serious edge to Samon's character since he's actually pretty pissed off about the demons being hurt. Teshi wanting the seal removed so the demons can go back to harassing her is kinda funny and touching considering it was played for laughs.

bobohoro

Maybe the author need another manga thats mostly focused on battle with a lot less lewd content.

I think it's not an either/or deal with the autheur. Judging by the afterwords, the lewd is fueling him to ascend to ridiculous heights of battle awesomeness, which leaves him drained and starved for the most excessive fan service imaginable. I get the sense that it would basically kill him if he can't draw ecchi every other volume.

Hajime No Ippo 1169

A valentine's date turned sour.
So much tsundere vibes in here.

Zweizer

Banned
Dungeon Meshi ch31

Truth to be told it was quite rude of them to disturb their happy time. It's good that they keep making progress and learning stuff despite everything. Very important stuff as far as Chilchack is concerned, lol.

So handsome~

Watari-kun no ×× ga Houkai Sunzen ch21

Hopefully he can mend the divide with Satsuki soon.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni ch22

What a coincidence. I wonder what's with these books.

Jagaaaaan! 2

Ha ha ha holy shit this is fucking awful.

You guys know I hate the word edgy, but this manga is fucking edgy as fuck.

Owl's a cutie though.

He better not be otherwise I'll have to hate-read it for it's stupid gore and awful attempts at being dark, like dozens of other series I read oh god what am I doing with my life

Numb

I'll keep up for the monster of the week flavor to see how all the people he wanted to shoot transformed
I'm sure he'll find even more to shoot lol

Zweizer

Banned
If y'all truly want to witness the embodiment of edgy, Iron Hammer Against The Witch got its second chapter translated.

If y'all truly want to witness the embodiment of edgy, Iron Hammer Against The Witch got its second chapter translated.

Aw yeeeeeaaaahhhh.

That "thrown into a dungeon by my NTR best friend and bully" one got it's chapter 9 released too but mostly its just a hard to make out battle and monster.

*Reads Title*
"Risou no Himo Seikatsu"
I don't understand moonrunes...
*Reads Description*
"Summoned by a beautiful woman to a different world, Yamai Zenjirou is asked to marry her and make a child with her. Will he throw his life on earth away for a sponger life with a beautiful woman?"
......I think I've found the worse of the worse Isekai trash, I'll muster the will to read the first chapter soon.

Dungeon Meshi 31

Senshi giving a birds and the bees talk to Chilchickcikcick might be one of the better moments of the past couple chapters.

Numb

*Reads Title*
"Risou no Himo Seikatsu"
I don't understand moonrunes...
*Reads Description*
"Summoned by a beautiful woman to a different world, Yamai Zenjirou is asked to marry her and make a child with her. Will he throw his life on earth away for a sponger life with a beautiful woman?"
......I think I've found the worse of the worse Isekai trash, I'll muster the will to read the first chapter soon.

I read 5 volumes of the novel
It's basically your JYP beta MC embracing his betaness and literally being a lil bitch
He was brought over because the Queens ancestor escaped to earth with some chick and he descended from said ancestor. Now the royal blood only has her left and she brought him over so she could smash him and he give her babies who retain the special royal magic in them

I could go on but id get mad
He even did getting the high tech gear from earth wrong
You are going to another world(sword and magic) and you bring over your unwatched dvds ? nigga pls

Zweizer

Banned
(NSFW) Don’t Make Me So Turned On ch1 by Comaku

A straight-laced office lady gets suddenly promoted to being her boss' secretary. Of course, her boss has her own quirks, which she now has to deal with.

Afterglow Noise (One-shot) by Kodama Naoko

From the author of Netsuzou Trap. A rather asocial girl likes to take a break alone in an old house, and one day a trendy gal intrudes into her safe space. Typical development into blooming yuri feelings occur.

Numb

It seems like I can only enjoy isekai nowadays if the MC is a completely selfish asshole.

Chinese novels got your back
If you can handle people being murdered over the slightest thing. Sometimes everyone related to them and their whole clan too

dramatis

Chinese novels got your back
If you can handle people being murdered over the slightest thing. Sometimes everyone related to them and their whole clan too
Lol this is pretty true

And then they wash all that out in the TV adaptations

Numb

Lol this is pretty true

And then they wash all that out in the TV adaptations

Indeed. That's why i can't handle the dramas
I'm waiting till they pick a novel that's too in it that it can't be removed to be turned into a show
Should be interesting

Who am i kidding they will find a way

pbayne

All you need is Kill End

No faffing around here. In and out 17 chapters, bish bash bosh done. Thank God because its a concept you could easily stretch and drive into the ground.

I liked it overall. Death Note guy does good art, the mechas and everyone's "im plotting murder" faces were great.

7 Tom Cruises/10.

Numb

Recommend y'all get on these chinese novels if you haven't already
They are pretty entertaining and a little bloody sometimes

Ascheroth

Recommend y'all get on these chinese novels if you haven't already
They are pretty entertaining and a little bloody sometimes

Indeed.
Also most of them are really samey once you've read a few and/or fall apart after a while.
But there are also some pretty good ones.
My personal recommendations would be

I Shall Seal the Heavens
Ze Tian Ji (Way of Choices)
World of Cultivation
Douluo Dalu
Release that Witch

dramatis

Indeed. That's why i can't handle the dramas
I'm waiting till they pick a novel that's too in it that it can't be removed to be turned into a show
Should be interesting

Who am i kidding they will find a way
Well they have to, because it wouldn't get through the censors otherwise.

I don't particularly like the isekai/time travel stuff that's coming out of Asia though. I understand why a power fantasy is popular, but it also speaks about how disillusioned youth are with our current world that they would rather be in another world or, hilariously, in ancient China (particularly for female characters), because clearly the world was a much better place when you didn't have proper toilet paper. Even worse when the displacement is not used to better the world/future but to enact revenge or for self-aggrandizement.

That's why I'm okay with the watering down adaptations receive. What I don't like is usually the inclusion of ridiculously stretched out romances.

Sai

Riso no Himo

I like the LN's artist much more.

Still, unless you're absolutely tired of the Sekai theme, it might be an interesting read for you. Doesn't follow all of the usual tropes you'd probably expect.

Numb

Indeed.
Also most of them are really samey once you've read a few and/or fall apart after a while.
But there are also some pretty good ones.
My personal recommendations would be

I Shall Seal the Heavens
Ze Tian Ji (Way of Choices)
World of Cultivation
Douluo Dalu
Release that Witch

I never wanted to read Release that Witch but that cover of the witch from Dragon's Crown got me. Glad i read it. So good.

Also
Warlock of the magus world.
A Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality
Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan
Terror Infinity
Demon's Diary
Zhanxian
A Step into the Past
etc

Well they have to, because it wouldn't get through the censors otherwise.

I don't particularly like the isekai/time travel stuff that's coming out of Asia though. I understand why a power fantasy is popular, but it also speaks about how disillusioned youth are with our current world that they would rather be in another world or, hilariously, in ancient China (particularly for female characters), because clearly the world was a much better place when you didn't have proper toilet paper. Even worse when the displacement is not used to better the world/future but to enact revenge or for self-aggrandizement.

That's why I'm okay with the watering down adaptations receive. What I don't like is usually the inclusion of ridiculously stretched out romances.
I always preffered reincarnation compared to taking some kids to another world
Usually the person getting reincarnated is already a master or given a second chance where they failed.
It sad that the 2 biggest ones in this area ( Tales of demons and gods and Against the gods) have decided to become complete crap recently
But that's only if they were in the world before.
People coming from earth are a whole other story.

The problem with Chinese stuff is the really weird writing which I assume comes from translating an extremely complex language, makes them seem really shitty.

U19 1

I don't get why you guys were trashing this so much lol, the opening chapter is pretty tame and exposition-heavy but the premise seems interesting in a weird way and the art is pretty damn good.

Numb

It depends on the translators
The good ones are already taken and many are doing it out of love
Although recently patreon is adding some boost

Finally new suBLime manga announced, one more tonight.

Creator: Akane Abe
English title: Am I In Love or Just Hungry?
Format: Digital only
Release Date: 7/25/17
C4qFMmtUoAAVtIU.jpg

Creator: Scarlet Beriko
English title: Jackass!
Format: Print and Digital
Release Date: 10/10/17
C4qS8O7UEAAX_f6.jpg:small

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Latest Dungeon Meshi chapter was almost lewd!
Doesn't Senshi know that Chilchalk is like 50 years old?

That's still probably really young by elf/dwarf standards. Halfling lifespan in D&D is like 150 years. Dwarves and Elves are 200+.

To Dwarfs and Elves, Chilchak is like 11. From Chilchak's point of view he's 19-20, and Laius is actually only 18-20 I think?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I just like that Senshi couldn't figure out if Laius was old or young.

Honestly I couldn't either. I thought Laius was mid/late twenties but after rereading the flashback chapters and looking at the math, he can't be much more than in his early twenties/late teens.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

Everything went as expected. Stupid pointless Seo-ing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada and the Seven Witches

It went the way you probably expected with a ridiculously huge time skip where the only difference is everyone smokes and heavily drinks.

Ushio married Nene.
Everyone else is just there.
Yamada and Shiraishi have been dating for 11 years and he's still not married to her because they had to make sure to delay that to the point of the time skip.

They still have the final chapter though.

Top Bottom