• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

I thought Munou no Hito was funny in a really dour way, tbh. Rock humor.

Tsuge traveled around Japan to gather material, so presumably at least some of the outcasts in the manga were folks he'd seen. The inn in chapter four sounds like a real life anecdote.

Zweizer

Banned
Shin Kurosawa ch2

Well, his bad luck didn't change.

Apparently Viz told them to use Food Wars because of the anime (?!). That's what Tonkam said on their Facebook page.

What anime? What's going on?

I thought Munou no Hito was funny in a really dour way, tbh. Rock humor.

Tsuge traveled around Japan to gather material, so presumably at least some of the outcasts in the manga were folks he'd seen. The inn in chapter four sounds like a real life anecdote.

Yeah some of the snippets were pretty believable, but I can't say I found his soul-crushing predicament particularily funny.

Apparently Viz told them to use Food Wars because of the anime (?!). That's what Tonkam said on their Facebook page.

oh ho very interesting

but if Viz is involved with the anime it probably won't be SHAFT then

LOvthPS.png

Snowilybell 1
Madolche Puddingcess's batshit sister.

Slightly surreal shoujo series starring a servant seeking someone to support, who stumbles upon the sadistic Snowilybell secluded in sugary surroundings. Liars drive her insane, so naturally she puts her servants through hell to force them to lie, in a kind of self-flagellation cycle. It's the sort of thing that just screams 'based on a Vocaloid song', except it isn't. Will be worth reading until she becomes dere for the butler and her fruit loop levels drop, at which point I'll probably still follow it because I really like the castle / the Wonderland-esque setting.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 118

Not the best choice of hostage, but I suppose she's kinda restrained by the circumstances. Though they shouldn't spend too much effort on trying to keep her Regen+99 a secret from him, since it's almost inevitable he'll find out before this arc ends.

Zweizer

Banned
Well I assume the anime is already planned so the publishers know about it, we're just waiting for an official announcement now

Would they tell Viz about it? Sounds odd.

Now we can speculate about which studio is the most likely to adapt it.

Dresden

Yeah some of the snippets were pretty believable, but I can't say I found his soul-crushing predicament particularily funny.

Most of the stuff in Hito is absurd enough that it doesn't feel tragic to me - these are desperate people, but the response engendered by their depiction isn't all sorrow, at least for me. The stuff with his son does dip into that, though.

Zweizer

Banned
Viz could be involved in it, maybe like overseas licensing or promotion.

I guess that makes sense, though wouldn't it mean they're rather confident about its success?

Most of the stuff in Hito is absurd enough that it doesn't feel tragic to me - these are desperate people, but the response engendered by their depiction isn't all sorrow, at least for me. The stuff with his son does dip into that, though.

I agree on the absurd part, chief among all the idea to sell rocks, but I feel the overall mood is too gloomy to be particularily funny, be it in the use of tones or the way none of the man's plans ever succeed, pushing his family further into poverty and hopelessness. I did rather like chapter 4 though, which had a better balance between the positive and negative without detracting itself from the established tone. A shame it didn't get completely translated.

Naruto
So Sasuke essentially wants to pull a Lelouch? (i.e.
Become the person everyone hates so they don't fight with each other.
)
Of course, it makes Six Paths look like a huge idiot, since Sauce pretty much told him outright that he was going to betray everyone.

Bleach
BOOM, headshot!

Finalow

Parasyte is almost certain to be censored due to the gore, and Munou no Hito isn't even that long so I suggest you check it out anyways for a nice dose of nihilism.
I know that it's not long at all but I'd prefer to wait for the complete translation.

I think I read somewhere that Parasyte will be aired very late or something so that there is no need for the censorship. not sure though.

Zweizer

Banned
well, that's even worse. starting a manga knowing that I won't *probably* never read the ending? Eh, no.

Well, it's not like there's a big engrossing plot in it.

I just went checking and apparently it's been localized in French. Second hand only on Amazon and crazy expensive. Guess it didn't get any reprints.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Suzuka 47
No nips and butts
Suddenly, idol.

Suzuka 48

No nips and butts
Yeah idol, you tell him. tell Yamato that he fucking sucks!

Suzuka 49

Nips and butts in glorious color page! It's Yamato aunt!
Misunderstanding flag raised. Yeah, i can see this from a mile a way!

Suzuka 50

No nips and butts
Yup. It's happen. i fucking know it. Hah!

Suzuka 51

No nips and butts
Poor Honoka. Yamato, you dense motherfucker

Suzuka 52

No nips and butts
You deserve a better guy than him Honoka. Ditch that fucker

Suzuka 53

No nips and butts
Eat shit Yamato.

Suzuka 54

No nips and butts
Okay, Yamato, at least you care about Suzuka feelings huh?

Suzuka 55

No nips and butts
Poor Kobayakawa. Honoka, you're making a big mistake here. Abort that plan Nau!

Suzuka 56

No nips and butts
Miki is just 2 step below chie tier.

Suzuka 57

No nips and butts
Miki is such a good friend. Get your shit together tamato!

Suzuka 58

No nips and butts
Man, Yasunobu is the brad pitt of Suzuka manga. he always eating stuff

Suzuka 59

No nips and butts
Coke cake? It's probably croquete...Suzuka is such an annoying tsundere

Suzuka 60

No nips and butts
Ok, good luck Yamato. Try to become number. 1 (lol)

And with that, i finish my part for this week

Time to continue reading parasyte

dani_dc

Himouto! Umaru-chan 51-52

I'd like to see URM more often.

AKB49 1

I don't get why they say MC looks like a girl, even while cross dressing he didn't look particularly feminine.

Revo

Suzuka 31

Nice waste of a pool day, Yamato. A great time to get stuck in your head.

Suzuka 32

Oh snap another confession coming soon.

Suzuka 33

Oh snap a kiss. A double page kiss.

Suzuka 34

Can't even keep a promise to cheer for her? You just keep failing expectations, don't you Yamato? Couldn't live up to the ear joke hype, couldn't win the race, couldn't even cheer. What a loser

Suzuka 35

...and now you can't even stick to one girl. Stop doing all these things, Yamato!

bjork

Is that the delinquent manga?

Yep. It's THE delinquent manga. Delinquent manga is my favorite little genre, but nothing else has been better. It rolls from Crows into Worst, and QP is a different set of characters in the same universe. All great. To me anyway, I could see people not liking it.

One Piece
;_;
Why must Oda give everyone a depressing past? Law's seems to be one of the most tragic of all. Is this like a rule or something to become Luffy's nakama or something? (Dumb questions are dumb I know)

Saw Shokugeki No Soma (I refuse to call it Food Wars) at Barnes thought about picking it up but decided to replace the Yotsuba volumes I had lost during a move.

Revo

Suzuka 36

Why are you hiding it? God damn it Yamato. At least don't let her hear it first from another source.

Suzuka 37

Great, he at least admitted it. Expect relationship to end before ch60.

Suzuka 38

Hi Score Girl did it better so far. And there was a candy game place!

Suzuka 39

Oh boy, we're gonna get all the shitty 'omg we're sleeping under the same roof' romance crap that we were missing from having them have a hole in the wall between them.

Suzuka 40
God damn it Suzuka. At least it wasn't a chapter of sleeping hijinks.

dani_dc

Personally I find it refreshing compared to the guys who pretty much have a girl's face that you see in most crossdressing mangas.
I would like a manga with the premise of a cross drsssing person who doesn't look like the opposite gender to begin with, my issue here is solely with everyone saying he looks like a girl when he actually doesn't at all, felt a disconnect with the characters due to it.

Zweizer

Banned
I would like a manga with the premise of a cross drsssing person who doesn't look like the opposite gender to begin with, my issue here is solely with everyone saying he looks like a girl when he actually doesn't at all, felt a disconnect with the characters due to it.

Well compared to the average guy in the manga he does look somewhat feminine. It didn't bother me too much as I kept reading for what is worth.

Choujin Gakuen 18
The hammer that can pulverize the enemy's heart.

Welp, guess it's time to see the fruits of the WSC's labour. If it wasn't only vol 5/10 the setup would feel pretty endgameish. Curious to see whether the Chairman has any WS accolades herself or whether she's just a rallying point like Adam. Oska might have something to say about her heroine status, although it's hard to argue with that name.

dani_dc

Well compared to the average guy in the manga he does look somewhat feminine. It didn't bother me too much as I kept reading for what is worth.
Not something that will stop me from reading further, just a slight annoyance I had. I'll read some more later on.

Here's the cover of Tokyo Ghoul Vol 14.

tumblr_nctpgxrTNJ1qbjzj5o1_500.png

Man it looks artistically beautiful especially with the way the expression on Kaneki's face is handled. But goddamit why must you suffer so much Kaneki. Always so sad and depressed Jesus. All he wanted was a genuine date.

Revo

Mob Psycho 100 68

Oh snap we're finally testing the bond between them.

Also glad that we're getting chapters about Mob's school life being good right after he had to go through all that in the previous arc.

Quixzlizx

You should also replace AKB49 with Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa. I'm pretty sure way more people in here are reading the latter.

Zweizer

Banned
You should also replace AKB49 with Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa. I'm pretty sure way more people in here are reading the latter.

I say we should remove TLRD first.

Although I wouldn't say Jitsu wa Watashi wa is smutty. Put Soma and/or Suzuka in the smut banner, and Jitsu wa Watashi wa in the regular banner.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think we should just ban the acknowledgment of TLRD's existence.

Revo

Suzuka 41

Please stop Suzuka. Don't you realize how awkward it must be to ask that of someone who 1) was turned down by you but said he would still go after you and 2) is already in a relationship? Although screw Yamato still for going after Honoka. Also bad scans hooray.

Suzuka 42

Is your awkward conversation breaker always 'are you thirsty?' Yamato? Please.

Suzuka 43

....Well then. When she was cooking for you I was thinking you didn't deserve her ore than usual, but just needed to kick that up another notch didn't you Yamato?

Suzuka 44

Well the name of the manga ain't Honoka boy.

Suzuka 45

Holy shit Suzuka pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom