• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Suzuka 46

Woo, conclusion jumping. Always the best way to do things.

Suzuka 47

I was thinking she was going to prod him more about Suzuka but I'm glad it turned into a more Honoka focused verbal beatdown

Nisekoi 141

Poor Maiko :(

Stretch 26

At least it wasn't bad luck!

Gepetto s2e7

Long term plans OP.

Quasar

but so far the thing that weirds me out is how some pages have so many speech bubbles and narration boxes scattered all over that I nearly seem to lose my place, switching back and forth between them and such.

I have a similar issue with a lot of manga trying to working out the order to read text boxes and hell who the text box is for. Much harder than it is for english comics.

Suzuka 31-40

Yamato are you that of an idiot. Like when a girl kisses you, you don't just say " what did she meant by that." Because everyone knows that means she fuckin likes you. Also Suzuka getting a bit lovey dovey/jealous was hilarious because in the beginning she was a huge bitch towards Yamato, but then comes Honoka and she has a change of heart. Is she even supposed to be a Tsundere because she's a total disgrace. Like she is beyond of what you would call a Tsundere. Shitty character I tell ya.

Seeing Honoka is frustrating because I know it's gonna end like Azuka's situation from KNIM. That shit made me fuckin mad and to see that happen is soooooooooo raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage inducing. Considering that Honoka's great but then again Yamato is a total idiot. And seeing that his family says that (speakers of the truth) all but confirms his stupidity. Also gotta say Hattori is based, he just slams the facts about Yamoto being a idiot stalker.

Yeah my rage is building up.

Marche90

Late to post in here. Oh well. At least the thread still smells like new :3

Unfortunately I haven't really read something new lately, so impressions from me will have to wait until later (I've been re-reading Koe no Katachi to remember how it started... even though I skipped the first four chapters :lol)

rrvv

8dZrCfb.png

Nisekoi 141

if only they get the own series

Nisekoi 141

Best characters, best pair. These chapters are the reason I can keep reading this.

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Vol. 1-B

The meat of the first arc. Whereas 1-A did all most of the setup, exposition, and worldbuilding with minimal action, that all built up to this. First half was spent in a debate between two sides, arguing whether or not their city is even strong enough to go to war, and ways in which they could declare it without incurring the wrath of the entire world. Then the actual battle to rescue their ruler, followed by a confession that doubles as a declaration of world domination.

Compared to 1-A, this was a lot closer to the anime, albeit with a lot more explanation during both the debate and the fights. Also, I love six-page spreads. It was nice seeing what the original looked like compared the one redrawn for the anime.

Revo

Suzuka 48

Oh boy, we gonna get some misconceptions from Honoka up in here.

Suzuka 49

Saotome is still terrible confirmed. holy shit. Why wouldn't it be a secret? Also woo misconception maybe.

Suzuka 50

So you become aware that she wouldn't like you to sing with Suzuka but you don't think merrily explaining about your happy day with her would make her mad? God damn idiot.

Suzuka 51

Is my call of ending in under 30 chapters true to the mark??? Even if it isn't, the entire relationship has been on a tightrope walk every chapter lol.

Suzuka 52

Ooh, is it over? RIP relationship and maybe Honoka importance for now.

Suzuka 53
Saotome still terrible. Think you can have one emotional chapter on the roof and be excused for all that you do? Nope. And Yamato still a super idiot for saying that stuff.

At this point it's just a dulled hate for everything in this series. Big fuckups get a spike in hate but after the relationship start it's all been about walking the tightrope with her and a bit glad they're broken up just to get out of that groove.

Tenshi-chan to Akuma-kun 06

I would imagine this is basically another series of chunns but I guess it's chunns with actual skills still acting as chunns

Judos 01

Jump should have just kept Kuroko going cause good lord, Sporting Salt is somehow ending up as the least terrible new sports manga.

Revo

Suzuka 54

Honoka pls. Don't think about these things after the relationship. also super lol at end

Suzuka 55

Stay away from Hashiba you fiend!

Suzuka 56

Great resolve, now all you can do is think about Suzuka. RIP Honoka.

Suzuka 57

At this point the bad quality of the scans is making it more bearable to read. Get to laugh at all the terrible parts.

Suzuka 58

Go, but stay. Stay, but go. God damn it Suzuka. Glad you're over breaking up and onto the next target, Yamato!

Suzuka 59

Oh boy we serious about running now. aaaaand back to dead guy

Suzuka 60

Who cares he died 2 years ago.

Glad I'm done with it for this week. From starting the relationship to tightwire relationship back to dead guy +the scans this was definitely bad. If they can finally at the minimum setup for getting over that hump I guess bringing him back is worthwhile enough.

wonzo

Banned
Munou no Hito 1-4

a really nihilistic and brutal take on alienating labour and poverty. sucks that it hasn't been fully translated yet but that shouldn't stop anyone from checking it out

Tamurabon

a parasyte doujin which asks "what if reiko was saved by uda on that sad day and decided to raise a family as part of an experiment?"

suffice to say this is now canon to me dammit!

a parasyte doujin which asks "what if reiko was saved by uda on that sad day and decided to raise a family as part of an experiment?"

Sounds super interesting, will read

Edit: Yep that was super interesting alright, art was like spot on too

Berserk

It was already said but needs to be said again.

Like. A. BOSS.

At least some sensible people see through his BS. Too bad that army of flunkies behind him aren't gonna take too kindly to that and probably gank him out of sight.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
parasyte vol 1-9
Which one is more dangerous i wonder? Parasyte or human? Both of them show their brutal side in the battle to survive.

One last volume to go!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Goddamn, Ruri is kind of a bitch.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 141
That makes up for the last arc.
Ruri great reaction faces, some actual potential character development, Maiko being a boss. So good.
Random 1st year that's already better than Kosaki.

Tamurabon

Sounds super interesting, will read.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Parasyte end
Wow. The ending is just wow.
The final volume talk about existence, what it mean to live, and how we as a living being choose to kill to survive, to reach greater height. Parasyte is like a kid. They kill human to survive because that's what their instinct are. After a while and all that batshit insanity that happen in city hall, they decide to mimic human. This raise an interesting question. Isn't that just like human like to follow rules and ethic? They eat other food because they learn the alternative and afraid of being hunted, just like how human follow rule because they don't want to get prosecuted, to be ridiculed.

Izumi Shinichi is not a hero. He is an existence that want to protect what's dear to him and himself. When he about to leave Gotoh because he think he can't judge him, he though he is above them all. He is not. He is human, he want to protect his species, he want to protect himselff. Thus, he kill. Migi couldn't do it. Migi react just like how a proper human didn't want to kill other being.

And so, we end the journey with Shinichi fighting another human. Even if parasyte no longer a threat. Another monster might appear in form of a human being. The true monster are those who decide to follow their instinct and abandon rule.

For Shinichi, he learn something new. Now, it's his turn to hold what dear to him. He'll survive.

dani_dc

It's not like she said anything about Shuu that was untrue!

Don't worry, she'll get her just deserts when she realizes she likes him and spirals into a deep vortex of depression and self-loathing.
You mean when nothing happens. This is Nisekoi, not a Seo-sensei series.

jman2050

You mean when nothing happens. This is Nisekoi, not a Seo-sensei series.

Shuu and Ruri are side characters, in theory they shouldn't be shackled to the omnipresent order of the Status Quo that Raku and his harem are locked into.

In theory anyway...

Chariot

Nisekoi 141

Superior couple. Beta couples are generally so much more interesting. Whyyyyy.
Shuu and Ruri are side characters, in theory they shouldn't be shackled to the omnipresent order of the Status Quo that Raku and his harem are locked into.

In theory anyway...
Oh, here's an answer.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Bonus round:
Munou no Hito

Damn this is heavy shit. I was worry about his kid when he massaging his wife. Asthma suck.
Also, damn, dude is one step away from being suicidal Seriously, this is depressing as fuck. Why he didn't write another manga, we don't know.

Revo

Destroy and Revolution 50-51

So many Oneness users now.

Nukoduke! 43

RIP all that planning and hard work.

to fish.

Nisekoi 141
Said every haremite ever.

Beta couple continues to be alpha couple. Still waiting for Raku and his groupies* to be brutally massacred in a gang shootout so that the focus can switch from them.

*excluding Marika, obviously.

Chariot

Nisekoi 141

Said every haremite ever.

Beta couple continues to be alpha couple. Still waiting for Raku and his groupies* to be brutally massacred in a gang shootout so that the focus can switch from them.

*excluding Marika, obviously.
That would be dark and disturbimg turm
I like it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eden: It's an endless world Vol. 2

kNQZgP9.png

Best girl?

Best girl.

Mostly action in this volume, but we get two more cast members in our merry band of murderers. Not that I'm complaining, as the action is great. Also great to see more insights into the ethnic conflicts and dynamics of this world, as well as the backstory of elijah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom