• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desi

whats the protocol, if any, for prescription sunglasses?

as in where do I put the pair of glasses that I'm currently not wearing while i wear the other, because I foresee having to switch between glasses and sunglasses sometimes so I would need to carry both on me. Do I just hang the pair im not wearing around the collar of the shirt im wearing?

anyone else have a similar situation?

http://www.warbyparker.com/prescription-sunwear-collection

Bonobos has $50 off any purchase of $100 or more right now, ending June 25th. Works on everything including sales, accessories (Jack Spade bags for $120, etc).

They don't do this very often anymore, so you should definitely take advantage:

http://curebit.com/x/U2UE2

:D :D :D

washed_chino_irish_flag_tall_01.jpg

mac you're a biz casual guy, right?
stings, brah

what brands do you mainly look to for trousers and non-button down shirts?
in the pic i'm wearing a brian dales shirt and mauro grifoni pants. sweater is pringle of scotland (also good for midly off kilter things) pretty much my two primary go-to's for good, ahem, biz caz goods.

brian dales stuff is pretty good, but the shirts are the standouts: they fit excellently, use hand-attached shoulders, crow's foot stitching on the buttons and some hand finishing in various places. the white ones I have came with a pocket square in the same fabric. they're pretty cheap on yoox I think.

mauro grifoni is pretty much the same deal, i like the fit of the pants. the shirts are nice too, just not as superlative for the $ as dales imo.

other things I wear in this category: marc jacobs, margiela, stephan schneider, tonello, and patrizia pepe. the last three make some pretty slim stuff.

edit: i see bonobos is trying to kill off color blocking.

Alucrid

Banned
stings, brah

in the pic i'm wearing a brian dales shirt and mauro grifoni pants. sweater is pringle of scotland (also good for midly off kilter things) pretty much my two primary go-to's for good, ahem, biz caz goods.

brian dales stuff is pretty good, but the shirts are the standouts: they fit excellently, use hand-attached shoulders, crow's foot stitching on the buttons and some hand finishing in various places. the white ones I have came with a pocket square in the same fabric. they're pretty cheap on yoox I think.

mauro grifoni is pretty much the same deal, i like the fit of the pants. the shirts are nice too, just not as superlative for the $ as dales imo.

other things I wear in this category: marc jacobs, margiela, stephan schneider, tonello, and patrizia pepe. the last three make some pretty slim stuff.

edit: i see bonobos is trying to kill off color blocking.

Thanks, I think I saw Mauro Grifoni pants on Yoox, will go check em out again.

Stuck

So I picked up an Our Legacy suit from Mr. Porter during the recent drops. Pretty happy with the fit, but the jacket seems to be a hair short. Looking at all the models from the various web shops that also carry it, I think this is by design.

Basically, the front of the jacket reaches the joint of my thumb closest to my palm when my arms are naturally at my side. It doesn't cover the entirety of my backside, but it's close. I work in academia, so the dress code is nonexistent. Considering this, should I keep it or am I breaking some suiting golden rules? Looking at the MC side of other forums, people seem to be pretty hardline about jacket length.

Alucrid

Banned
So I picked up an Our Legacy suit from Mr. Porter during the recent drops. Pretty happy with the fit, but the jacket seems to be a hair short. Looking at all the models from the various web shops that also carry it, I think this is by design.

Basically, the front of the jacket reaches the joint of my thumb closest to my palm when my arms are naturally at my side. It doesn't cover the entirety of my backside, but it's close. I work in academia, so the dress code is nonexistent. Considering this, should I keep it or am I breaking some suiting golden rules? Looking at the MC side of other forums, people seem to be pretty hardline about jacket length.

I suppose for a suit 'purist' but really that's how it's styled and supposed to be.

mblitek

So I am going to a wedding on July 26th and I need a new suit. Jacket and pants and I figure I might as well live the accompanying shirt, tie etc

here is the one slight problem:

I really wanted a Canali suit , but our family's Men's tailor/clothier doesn't carry Canali fabric/suits.

The tailor/owner is coming on Tuesday to my house to measure me and he thinks that a Cohen suit from Montréal might work best :(

Agh, I left it too late and now I might "suffer" the consequences.

http://youtu.be/LqlHxGhevug

Thoughts, opinions? Ideas?

FYI, that Express end of season sale is pretty damn good if you're looking for some cheap, slim fit clothes. Just bought a suit for $150. I plan on wearing it to work, so as long as it lasts me a good little while, I'll consider it a good investment.

Boken

Banned
FYI, that Express end of season sale is pretty damn good if you're looking for some cheap, slim fit clothes. Just bought a suit for $150. I plan on wearing it to work, so as long as it lasts me a good little while, I'll consider it a good investment.

What's the quality of Express stuff like?

What's the quality of Express stuff like?

Not the greatest quality, but passable when it's on sale. The fit, though, is usually on point. I like their fitted button up shirts for work. They usually look great and keep their color for a decent amount of time, although I get mine dry-cleaned every few weeks.

Alucrid

Banned
What I got while I was banned

p4XBxl.jpg

1mQAhl.jpg

I think I need to size down on the cargos, which sucks since that means I'll have to get a pair that aren't on sale price

Hi, I've never posted in this thread before but I thought I'd ask for some advice. I'm looking to buy a man's bag to carry some of my things with me to work. My work attire is a full suit everyday so it'd have to work with that. Any ideas? Would prefer to not spend over $300

Thanks!

Boken

Banned
Hi, I've never posted in this thread before but I thought I'd ask for some advice. I'm looking to buy a man's bag to carry some of my things with me to work. My work attire is a full suit everyday so it'd have to work with that. Any ideas? Would prefer to not spend over $300

Fhanks!

There have been some glorious leather/canvas briefcases posted in the thread earlier.

Going traveling soon and going to skimp on check in luggage so I need a big bag for carry on. Any suggestions, peeps? Or do I have to give in and buy a Country Road bag (they're a pretty common sight in Australia).

Zilch

Banned

Boken

Banned
Shipping to Australia is by UPS and costs around 100$.

Sad. : (

The Bonobos models have some pretty nice legs though. My skinny asian legs are jealous.

Stuck

Styleforum's b/s/t, they were "third hand" but pretty much brand new since everyone before only tried them on. (MMM btw)

Yeah, I've been keeping an eye out for some grey Margiela boots during this sale season with no luck. Are those Rick cargo pants?

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah, I've been keeping an eye out for some grey Margiela boots during this sale season with no luck. Are those Rick cargo pants?

Ah, I think I remember seeing some grey suede ones on sale somewhere. Might have been La Garconne, ssense or thecorner. Can't remember exactly.

And yeah, they're drkshdw cargos, sending back and buying a size smaller though :( Although the fit is a great change from my normal skinny jeans

Alucrid

Banned
Oh stop. Good lord.

Sperrys will be a prep staple long after you fashionistas finally get tired of them. Honestly, that day can't come quick enough!

I enjoy boat shoes whilst on my sailboat, once I step off said sailboat I transition into my rafstros.

Disclaimer: I own neither boat shoes, nor sailboat nor rafstros.

maxxpower

Guys, I have a lot of boots but no jeans that look good with boots. I have looked everywhere but I cannot for the love of fuck find some slim jeans that look really good with boots.

I'm kinda short and slim. Any recommendations?

Stuck

Ah, I think I remember seeing some grey suede ones on sale somewhere. Might have been La Garconne, ssense or thecorner. Can't remember exactly.

And yeah, they're drkshdw cargos, sending back and buying a size smaller though :( Although the fit is a great change from my normal skinny jeans

Cool, thanks. Did you go TTS on the drkshdw and are now sizing down one?

JonCha

Thinking of this outfit:

176496_mrp_ou_l.jpg

Plus, instead of the boots:

dr_martens__1460_CHERRY_RED_SMOOTH.jpg

Thoughts? Got Clarks Beeswax boots so could always wear those if nothing ideal comes up.

Alucrid

Banned
Everlane Weekender is real nice and much bigger than I expected, even after seeing the shots of it with the model.

Cool, thanks. Did you go TTS on the drkshdw and are now sizing down one?

I went with a M since the waist was said to be 30", but I guess they don't measure it fully stretched out so I'm now going with a S for TTS.

Boken

Banned

I personally hate brown leather sneakers. 2nd pair are ok, but I don't think a high rise wing tip brogue boot will go very far. (note: I'm a traditionalist)

Thinking of this outfit:

https://www.mrporter.com/images/products/176496/176496_mrp_ou_l.jpg[img]

Plus, instead of the boots:

[img]https://scootssuitsandboots.com/images/dr_martens__1460_CHERRY_RED_SMOOTH.jpg[img]

Thoughts? Got Clarks Beeswax boots so could always wear those if nothing ideal comes up.[/QUOTE]

Do not agree with the composition of it - Red compliments Khaki, Navy compliments Khaki but Red contrasts Navy. Seems like it could be jarring since both those colours dont pop.

JonCha

I personally hate brown leather sneakers. 2nd pair are ok, but I don't think a high rise wing tip brogue boot will go very far. (note: I'm a traditionalist)

Do not agree with the composition of it - Red compliments Khaki, Navy compliments Khaki but Red contrasts Navy. Seems like it could be jarring since both those colours dont pop.

Desert boots it is for the time being then.

Pilgor

Went on a Naked and Famous spree today. All Weird Guy cut:

Glow in the Dark Denim
Red Core Denim
Low Tension Denim
Indigo/Indigo Denim

Also got the Thickbelt and a cardwallet both in natural.

Going to take years to fade them all haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom