• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, okay. Well you can throw them in a washer or let them soak in a tub with some detergent. The former will result in more indigo loss (of course this is for the entire jean so both areas will fade equally) and result in a bit more shrinkage. The latter will result in less indigo loss and a less shrinkage. So it whatever method you choose depends on how much of a contrasting fade you want the jeans to have.

Example of a machine wash

Still, it's odd that you don't see any fading after two years. How much have you worn them?

Thanks. I now have 7, a bit out of control.

Just wear them all the time. There's no secret to it unfortunately, you just have to wear them as often as you can. I have a pair of Indigo Selvege as well, and they have faded the least. I have just come to accept that they won't fade as much as some of their other fabrics, which is alright because they have a gorgeous color with just a bit of fading.

I wore N&F Weird Guy Indigos for a year straight in 2010. They should have fades even without washing if you have actually been wearing them for more than a year. How does the fade from your wallet look? What is your definition of wearing "quite a bit"?
Quite a bit meaning probably a couple times a week. Regardless, once I get them back from my tailor I plan on giving them a good wash and wearing them even more. I'll post pictures when I can so you guys can see what I'm talking about. Thanks for all the advice.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
i've been avoiding this thread since i lost my job but i got a pair of swim trunks as a gift and wanted gaf's opinion on em. i haven't done this much or this bold a color in a while.

oh and if anyone is interested in a deal on a gorgeous pair of Alden shell #8 wingtip boots, PM me

wow nice bod. If I had your body I would be wearing some square Andrew Christian swimming trunks.

Pilgor

Quite a bit meaning probably a couple times a week. Regardless, once I get them back from my tailor I plan on giving them a good wash and wearing them even more. I'll post pictures when I can so you guys can see what I'm talking about. Thanks for all the advice.

The more you wash them, the less contrast in your fade. The pair I posted a few pages back were never washed.

jvalioli

When I wear raw denim, I do a 6-7 days a week type deal. Pilgor seems to like to wear a lot of different jeans at the same time, so he probably has more knowledge about how quickly your fades should be coming in if you don't wear them as often as I do.

How often have you been washing them and why are they at the tailor right now? You've had them for a couple of years, so I'm guessing you have tears? Curious to see pics.

The more you wash them, the less contrast in your fade. The pair I posted a few pages back were never washed.

When I wear raw denim, I do a 6-7 days a week type deal. Pilgor seems to like to wear a lot of different jeans at the same time, so he probably has more knowledge about how quickly your fades should be coming in if you don't wear them as often as I do.

How often have you been washing them and why are they at the tailor right now? You've had them for a couple of years, so I'm guessing you have tears? Curious to see pics.
I've only washed them a handful of times I believe. Good to know that maybe that's not the issue though.

They're at the tailor to get the waist taken in. I find that Naked & Famous tend to stretch out a bit in the waist, which combined with losing some width in my midsection this summer, makes them about a size or two too big. I get them back next week so I'll definitely post up a few pictures so that you guys can see exactly what I'm talking about.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Too big, too long. Look like boxing shorts. Color is fine for swimwear.

Too long and too baggy.

yea, figured as much. i'll rock em this weekend and see how i feel. probably end up just wearing em for the one season.

wow nice bod. If I had your body I would be wearing some square Andrew Christian swimming trunks.

thanks, and thanks for the recommendation. i looked those up - they look rad and aren't pricey at all. hopefully i can find a pair in 28 - looks like they start at 30.

bob page

yea, figured as much. i'll rock em this weekend and see how i feel. probably end up just wearing em for the one season.

thanks, and thanks for the recommendation. i looked those up - they look rad and aren't pricey at all. hopefully i can find a pair in 28 - looks like they start at 30.

Try some twill shorts from Uniqlo. They could probably double as swim trunks and they're only $13 (and come in small sizes).

Bonobos also has some decent ones on sale (you could get them for 50% off if you add more stuff to get it above $100):
http://www.bonobos.com/sale

Boken

Banned
My adidas swim trunks were the same colour and of the appropriate size and length.

IgnitionSuite_Image(52966).12w.961_adobe_1_medium.jpg
y/n?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

It's possible the site that you looked them up on simply didn't have any in that size; Andrew Christian stuff always comes in XS (26-28) and S (28-30), including the swimwear. Be forewarned, though: the brand is primarily gay-focused and thus the cut and, uh, front pouches are very revealing. ;)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
It's possible the site that you looked them up on simply didn't have any in that size; Andrew Christian stuff always comes in XS (26-28) and S (28-30), including the swimwear. Be forewarned, though: the brand is primarily gay-focused and thus the cut and, uh, front pouches are very revealing. ;)

That's the point. With a body like that he should flaunt it. Size 28? damn

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

"Watch uncensored videos"

OKAY!

LOCK

Thanks! I have that exact shit in the picture...lol. But I also have a checkered white/navy blue Tommy H. shirt that might match.

Less than a hundred bucks is not expensive for a tie if you ask me. But then again I buy Burberry ties so my world view has been skewed.

If I pay more than 20 bucks for a tie, I feel like I overspent :( - The woes of being a university student with a limited budget.

One day I will throw away a thousand dollars on all these awesome ties... but not today.

Anyone know where I can find inexpensive cotton/madras ties online (asides from the Tie Bar)?

TxdoHawk

Bought a pair or AE Strands in Walnut. They're so sexy, my first pair of truly nice shoes. I got shoe trees and all the cleaning/maintenance stuff the Manager recommended. Can I water these every day to work and just maintain them once a week?

It's not recommended. Most shoe people will tell you giving shoes a day or two off between wears (with the shoe trees in to soak up moisture) will extend their life considerably. On the plus side, you now have an excuse to buy more shoes.

X-Frame

It's not recommended. Most shoe people will tell you giving shoes a day or two off between wears (with the shoe trees in to soak up moisture) will extend their life considerably. On the plus side, you now have an excuse to buy more shoes.

Good advice and makes sense.

One more question, how do I deal with rain with these shoes? Is there anything preventative I can do?

Pilgor

Just bought an Eton shirt and a couple Ermenegildo Zegna ties from the Nordstrom sale. So excited, but fml when the credit card bill comes.

i've been avoiding this thread since i lost my job but i got a pair of swim trunks as a gift and wanted gaf's opinion on em. i haven't done this much or this bold a color in a while.

oh and if anyone is interested in a deal on a gorgeous pair of Alden shell #8 wingtip boots, PM me

Bummer about the job loss. Layed off in the US?

Draft

That's a twaggle bag (combination of travel and swagger.) Don't let anyone tell you different. I've no doubt Lebron carts his $300 polo shirts around in something very similar.

please post pics of self so i can have a good laugh :p
LOL, are you going to run away too? I love how ultra-sensitive people post in threads where they are inviting judgement. If you can't handle someone having a different opinion, don't post.

Please, tell me how that doesn't look like a woman's purse. Like I said, if that was the style that the guy was going for, it worked. There are a some dudes that purposely like to blend the gender line with fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom