• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice 9

Banned
Supreme x COMME des GARCONS SHIRT 2013 Capsule Collection

Ready to cop myself some strange ass patterned hats and shirts.

supreme-x-comme-des-garcons-shirt-2013-capsule-collection-11.jpg

Went back and bought the pants I posted a few pages back. Still unsure what color/type shoes to wear those with.
CAM00992censored.jpg
You can definitely still wear brown shoes if that's what you're worried about. I'd just make sure you have a high enough cuff/hem to prevent the pants from blending in with the shoes. Wear either a dark color sock or no socks to separate the two.

Otherwise I think you're looking at black. Unless of course you're a boss and own blue or purple oxfords, then wear those.

Look at all this tucking.
Soon you will join our side.

Soon.

Visceir

'faux chevron' on the placket is a cool little cutting detail, as is the contrast waistband line. What shirt is that?

Got it from a local store, odds are it's an europe-only brand. Think it was discounted down from 32 € to 18 €,I was surprised myself how well it fit. I could give you the brand name later, but I doubt it will be much help.

What color shoes would fit with that outfit? Dark brown shoes/belt? White? Blue?

Got it from a local store, odds are it's an europe-only brand. Think it was discounted down from 32 € to 18 €,I was surprised myself how well it fit. I could give you the brand name later, but I doubt it will be much help.

What color shoes would fit with that outfit? Dark brown shoes/belt? White? Blue?
keep it light. tans, beige, whites, etc.

So any motorcyclists here? What do you like for jackets?

I'm going to China this summer and the first thing I'm doing is buying a bike (Yes I know the traffic there is scary as hell, but I'll be in a smaller city where it's a bit calmer than say Beijing.) Obviously I wanna look good riding.

So any motorcyclists here? What do you like for jackets?

I'm going to China this summer and the first thing I'm doing is buying a bike (Yes I know the traffic there is scary as hell, but I'll be in a smaller city where it's a bit calmer than say Beijing.) Obviously I wanna look good riding.

Buy something with high visibility and armor plating. Fashion doesn't come before safety, sorry.

Went back and bought the pants I posted a few pages back. Still unsure what color/type shoes to wear those with.

Light brown, tan, cognac. If you wear black shoes you will look ridiculous.

So, I got my first pair of raw denim jeans, and they say don't wash until about 6 months in.

Is it safe to give them a quick spritz of like Febreeze so they don't get a bit musty?

friday

So, I got my first pair of raw denim jeans, and they say don't wash until about 6 months in.

Is it safe to give them a quick spritz of like Febreeze so they don't get a bit musty?

I don't see any issue with that. I always seal mine in a bag and throw them in the freezer overnight. That usually kills the smells. No free balling.

Antagon

No problem at all. Also hanging them outside or in your bathroom helps and you can always soak them if these things don't work anymore. Finally, 6 months is just an advice. You can wash them more often if you want, or wait longer. Waiting longer gives a higher contrast but also wears your crotch out faster.

moolhy

Banned
Found this. But a lot of people say it's too slim, and I have fairly bulky arms and shoulders, and I don't know how I feel about the shiny 100% nylon... :/

Jonm1010

Banned
So what's everyones take on cologne?? It's been the biggest headache trying to find the right one.

I admit I haven't worn much in a few years and feel out of the game. I used to be the stereotypical high schooler sporting Abercrombie fierce and aqua d gio back in the day but now that I'm 28 I'm looking for something that still appeals to women(in particular my girlfriend since she'll be smelling me everyday) but isn't something a high schooler should be wearing.

I found basenotes.net and feel more lost then when I began. I never knew just how many colognes are out there. And It seems no fragrances are universally praised these days. I hear creed Green Irish Tweed and Aventus were good so I ordered some samples from theperfumedcourt but have been reading some heavy hate on those as well.

I tried some recommendations from here from a few months back( YSL gingembre and a few others) and didnt care for them. Did a sephora sampler and ended up with Versace pourre homme but it was really only the best of what was many i didn't care for.

So what are GAF's thoughts on the subject?? Any good ones I might have missed?

Lunchbox

Banned
HELP !! Does someone know of a good place online to buy beach tank tops and shorts?

http://www.abercrombie.com/webapp/w...8&langId=-1&storeId=10051&topCategoryId=12202

So what's everyones take on cologne?? It's been the biggest headache trying to find the right one.

I admit I haven't worn much in a few years and feel out of the game. I used to be the stereotypical high schooler sporting Abercrombie fierce and aqua d gio back in the day but now that I'm 28 I'm looking for something that still appeals to women(in particular my girlfriend since she'll be smelling me everyday) but isn't something a high schooler should be wearing.

I found basenotes.net and feel more lost then when I began. I never knew just how many colognes are out there. And It seems no fragrances are universally praised these days. I hear creed Green Irish Tweed and Aventus were good so I ordered some samples from theperfumedcourt but have been reading some heavy hate on those as well.

I tried some recommendations from here from a few months back( YSL gingembre and a few others) and didnt care for them. Did a sephora sampler and ended up with Versace pourre homme but it was really only the best of what was many i didn't care for.

3dP6x0H.jpg

Rocking an untucked red chambray shirt with my khakis and Nike SB Bruins 'Supreme' (Black/Siver).

I love having a casual dress code at work.

Fritz

It's really hard to give solid recommendations on colognes and perfumes cause they have to suit the person. Go to a good store. The sales people should be able to help you out and find the right scent for you.

I have a holy trinity that I personally swear by right now, but it's just my style:

-Swiss Army Altitude: Woody, Piney, Floral, Like mountain air as the name suggests. This might be the most straight-up manly fragrance I use.
-Bvlgari Aqva: Smells like the ocean, beaches, and citrus.
-L'eau D'Issey: Hard to place. Lot of stuff going on. Spicy, musky, woody. This sounds like pure wankery, but I feel like it makes you smell mysterious. I generally save this for when I'm dressed up a bit more than usual.

You might like the ck one, mentioned in a post above (a lot of people do), but I personally hate it. It's supposed to be gender neutral, which can be good or bad. Smells generic and boring to me. Gives a "I uh want to smell good or something I guess" feeling in my opinion.

If you must buy before trying (can't find in store), see if you can find sample sizes for cheap. As you've undoubtedly figured out, what works wonderfully for someone else might not work at all for you.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Come on, I can't be the only one thinking that looks really stupid :/
Someone explain fashion to me!

I wear Le Male on occasion. I'm not a huge cologne guy but it's nice to have enough scent that can be subtly noticed by people *close* to you. I'm so grossed out by smelling some old boner or tapout shirt dude that have doused themselves in acqua di gio.

I'm kinda interested in this stuff you guys are describing as musky or outdoorsy, I've actually been looking for something like that.

It's really hard to give solid recommendations on colognes and perfumes cause they have to suit the person. Go to a good store. The sales people should be able to help you out and find the right scent for you.
this is probably the best advice for cologne, just try some for yourself when you next go shopping and see which one lasts after you've walked around for awhile, hell take your gf and get her opinion too

It's very expensive, but for anyone looking for a very good quality cologne that lasts and has a lot of variety, buy Bond No. 9. The scent lasts for a long time, and you don't have to use much, and they have tons of options. I personally use The Andy Warhol version, but as I said, it's expensive: $180(50ml) - $260(100ml) up to $340 for their signature Gold.

I get compliments constantly though, from both genders. Other than that, I've used Gucci Guilty in the past.

edit: beat^

While I got love for my #teamtucked brethren in the picture, I can't imagine anyone actually wearing that in public. I mean, damn. That green color is rad though, I'd gladly rock that in a full pant version.

Speaking of green, Kraftwerk I did some research and it doesn't look like we're getting the Forest Green at all. Apparently it was one of the original Naked & Famous lines from 2009 that they decided to remake a limited quantity of recently, hence it's resurface on a number of websites. That's why they're relatively difficult to find, sorry dude.

cologne.JPG

My collection. However most of it's the $55-$70 ish range you pick up from Macy's, but I still get a lot of good comments on a lot them. My problem is I don't branch out enough and most of it is citrusy rather than woodsy... I need to take on the woodsy scent more.

coldvein

Banned
cologne.JPG

My collection. However most of it's the $55-$70 ish range you pick up from Macy's, but I still get a lot of good comments on a lot them. My problem is I don't branch out enough and most of it is citrusy rather than woodsy... I need to take on the woodsy scent more.

the perspective of this is fucking with my brain. are your bottles of cologne glued to the ceiling? whats going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom