• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
My collection. However most of it's the $55-$70 ish range you pick up from Macy's, but I still get a lot of good comments on a lot them. My problem is I don't branch out enough and most of it is citrusy rather than woodsy... I need to take on the woodsy scent more.
At quick glance, I have about 3 of those.

In high school I went through a cologne buying stage and I've yet to use any of them up.

opinion on this jacket?

TBYA-MO24_V1.jpg

TBYA-MO24_V2.jpg

TBYA-MO24_V4.jpg

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=TBYA-MO24&c=T+by+Alexander+Wang&d=b
Not crazy about the sleeves. I think a varsity style jacket looks better with cuffs. Otherwise it's solid.

At quick glance, I have about 3 of those.

In high school I went through a cologne buying stage and I've yet to use any of them up.

Ehh, I'm not really worried about using them up. Just like variety. Cologne, sunglasses, and swimsuits are probably the things I have way too many of, but I always keep buying.

Kraftwerk

Speaking of green, Kraftwerk I did some research and it doesn't look like we're getting the Forest Green at all. Apparently it was one of the original Naked & Famous lines from 2009 that they decided to remake a limited quantity of recently, hence it's resurface on a number of websites. That's why they're relatively difficult to find, sorry dude.

Ahh, I see. Thank you for checking. I guess I will get it from Tate n Yoko, and the pomegranate from you guys.

I got a black leather belt today, to go along with my black shoes. I tucked in my shirt and it did look very good. Lot cleaner and professional. I will still do #teamuntucked depending on the shirt.

Shiv47

Ahh, I see. Thank you for checking. I guess I will get it from Tate n Yoko, and the pomegranate from you guys.

I got a black leather belt today, to go along with my black shoes. I tucked in my shirt and it did look very good. Lot cleaner and professional. I will still do #teamuntucked depending on the shirt.

There's an eBay seller who has the forest green for $155, if I recall. Worth checking out if he still has your size.

Do any of you have this month's issue of Men's Health (Adam Levine on the cover)? They have a "Guide to Style" in the back of the magazine, and they listed these really nice shoes from Topman, but I can't find said shoes on their website. Unfortunately, the only description they gave is "(Topman, $75)", so I don't know anything beyond that. I wonder if it's store-only :( Their only CA store is in LA, and a trip is out of the question.

The shoes are dark with multiple shades of brown, along with different textures and some white accents. Shape-wise, they look like Onitsuka Tigers. Does it ring any bells for anyone?

If it's allowed, I'll snap a pic of the page later (No scans rule from Gaming Side, etc.). I really want to know how to find them.

Desi

Curious myself as a lot of (high profile) fashion sites i frequent post scans all the time. TFS is huge as every visual editorial or interview is uploaded in full glory. But obviously this isn't TFS.

cacophony

http://www.freewebs.com/dbiersdorf/cologne.JPG[img]

My collection. However most of it's the $55-$70 ish range you pick up from Macy's, but I still get a lot of good comments on a lot them. My problem is I don't branch out enough and most of it is citrusy rather than woodsy... I need to take on the woodsy scent more.[/QUOTE]

i love kenneth cole reaction

i like citrus/fruity scents more too. i hate most musky scents. I Am King is probably my most worn. I like CK Summer, Givenchy Play/Pi too.

thanks, those are much better pics, only difference being it's denim instead of cotton but they basically look exactly the same otherwise
yeah, either way it's a very streetwear modification of a varsity+trucker jacket, which is pretty much wang's MO. I think the mainline released a version of this too that's a little more pared-down.

Ehh, when it comes to sports and outdoor shoes / clothing function is more important than form.

Well, I mean, if Y-3's 'running shoes' are actually running shoes, then I would have the best of both worlds.

Also, went to buy SLP skinny jeans last night, found them suddenly sold out everywhere in my size (29). Whatta bummer.

Zilch

Banned
Any interesting boutiques in LA I should check out when I'm there next week? I'm coming from NYC so I've, like, been to Barney's. I wish Band of Outsiders had a showroom...

Any interesting boutiques in LA I should check out when I'm there next week? I'm coming from NYC so I've, like, been to Barney's. I wish Band of Outsiders had a showroom...

Skingrat downtown. American Rag? I'd say just crawl the main shopping drags (Melrose, Abott Kinney, Beverly, Robertson, Sunset) until you find something you like.

Kraftwerk

Anyone here bought a shirt or polo from Kent Wang before? I have heard that they are extremely slim fit. Wish I could try one one. Nobody seems to have them in store. I guess online only (?)

Fade Friday Wednesday, courtesy of Rawrdenim. Standard Unbranded 201s, 3 years 4 washes.

For those of you looking for your first raw denim, these are a great option. Fades aside, they'll last you a good couple years and only run you around $90.

Before:
before1.png

After:
Unbranded-Fit.png

Antagon

I think that the focus on as much contrast as possible that you often see is a bit silly. Doesn't necessarily make the jeans look better and can be a pain with the ridiculously low amount of washes. Even wears out your jeans faster.

Anyone here bought a shirt or polo from Kent Wang before? I have heard that they are extremely slim fit. Wish I could try one one. Nobody seems to have them in store. I guess online only (?)

I've only tried on one before, but it was very tight, yes. I don't know the cut I tried and it was a couple years ago, but the armholes were very high and I sized up to medium, and probably could've pulled off a large after a wash. Take that for what it's worth.

For comparison, I'm 5'9 140lbs. and usually wear a medium in Armani.

some day one of you is going to have to take me to school on raw denim and wtf it is about. fades? what??

It's just denim with all the dye still in it, instead of being washed in a particular fashion so the color is faded about like it is with... non-raw denim. People like the appeal of wearing the dye out themselves through everyday wear, and they get off on the idea that the patterns of faded indigo dye reflect them as a person or some shit. There's some appeal to that, sure, but a lot of it is just wankery, and to me it's not a good reason to buy a pair of jeans. I'll buy jeans if they're good and I like them. Some of these good jeans come raw, some don't. My favorite pair of jeans in my wardrobe is not raw, and is also significantly cheaper than some other pairs I have:

http://www.killcity.net/handlers/st...=WebGroup&index=8#sidebar-accordion-closeouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom