• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesalr

Are Lyle & Scott a noted brand? There's a sale at a store here and I'm thinking of picking up two pairs of shoes from them.

They got a bit attached to the chav culture over here, they same way Burberry did a few years back. They still make decent stuff though; I got given a pair of oxfords last year that have held up alright and look pretty good.

New purchase:

1.jpg

Awwww yeah

I got bought these today. I got asked if I wanted them while I was at school so it was kind of a rash decision. I didn't give a conclusive answer but they were bought anyway. They weren't expensive though and I actually really like the look of them:

Antagon

It's a shame of the logo on the tongue, otherwise they look decent.

Just ordered a pair of jeans after seeing only a few pics:

1044835_193382214157556_500144385_n.jpg
998338_193382184157559_511820248_n.jpg
600514_193382240824220_1307937340_n.jpg

Hopefully they'll fit allright. They should be about an inch wider in the thigh then my current (rather skinny) jeans, hope it works out.

Visceir

Should I buy the shoes, manshion-gaf?

CAM01451.jpg

I did some shopping the other day and bought a few pair of pants, shirts, tees and fabric to make a few suitjackets. I guess I'll take and post some pictures later.

Now that I've actually bought the oiled bleu clair denim jacket, I have no idea what to wear it with. Even in the runway show, the model is just wearing a fucking speedo, which isn't very helpful. Any suggestions?

How do you guys go about matching your clothing/choosing your outfits. I have three pretty standard ways of doing it:

1. T-shirt and shoes match with different colour pants.
2. Jacket and shoes match with different t-shirt and pants.
3. Cap to shirt to shoes, different jacket and pants.

The third one hardly ever gets used because I'm not a cap guy at all, but yeah, the upper two are relatively common for everyday wear for me.

overcast

Should I buy the shoes, manshion-gaf?

CAM01451.jpg

I did some shopping the other day and bought a few pair of pants, shirts, tees and fabric to make a few suitjackets. I guess I'll take and post some pictures later.
Where are those from? Beautiful shoes.

Also, I'll be in SF next week. Probably going to check out Uniqlo, any other nice stores?

We're so close to that new OT. Our long national "manshion" nightmare is nearly over. No more professor badass, no more links to shops and blogs that no one in the thread even uses.

There's a capsule collection? Wat.
well he (drew) talked about it as a possibility but I don't follow that thread closely enough to know whether or not it is likely to happen. I might get a blue bcdr this week (?) since it's closing soon.

also if you have a source for those new n&f shirts pls post.

Visceir

Heres the stuff I bought the other day. 2 pairs of pants, 2 shirts, 2 tees and fabric for two suitjackets.
DSC_0482.jpg

Quite like the little details and design elements on the pants, the buttons on the pockets make the sides flare out a bit -- it helps to even out the legs and body ratio since my legs are quite long.

pantsss3.jpg

Also quite glad that the blue fabric and pants color match exactly. Think I got most of the stuff for 50% - 70% off and saved ~125 €

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom