• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could pull off tank tops. Just feels wrong but then Im also not as slim as I used to be.

I'm watching Only God Forgives and Gosling is sporting a slutty tshirt. Still need to get me one.

O necks are the best type of t shirt! fuck V necks! they are ugly.
Shame most places either sell regular type or V neck though :(

Alucrid

Banned
Wish I could pull off tank tops. Just feels wrong but then Im also not as slim as I used to be.

O necks are the best type of t shirt! fuck V necks! they are ugly.
Shame most places either sell regular type or V neck though :(

Hm. I feel like O necks are different from scoop necks. I imagine O necks as being equally deep in both the front and back, while scoops necks, while being a bit wider period, its mostly at the front.

Rookje

Hm. I feel like O necks are different from scoop necks. I imagine O necks as being equally deep in both the front and back, while scoops necks, while being a bit wider period, its mostly at the front.

O neck? Isn't that the same thing as a scoop?

This is gettin cray.

Alucrid

Banned
O neck? Isn't that the same thing as a scoop?

This is gettin cray.

I dunno, I've never heard something called an O neck before and it doesn't exactly seem all that descriptive. I was just going off of what I imagined. Maybe it's something like your smart-*insert object here* sayings.

Well there's the deep scoop. Then there's the front scoop. Then there's the gosling which is more focused on the traps and shoulders.

image1xl.jpg

300.ryan.cm.2912.jpg

I read somewhere that he cuts the neck holes on some of his shirts.

Midas

Could anyone suggest some good fashion magazines? I know where I could procure some quality ones, but I have no idea where I should start.

Alucrid

Banned
I find most of them outside of Japan are shit. Some good ones I've managed to get my Dad to pickup while on business there are Men's Non-no, Men's Joker, Men's Fudge, SENSE, Free and Easy, off the top of my head.

It's not the 80s anymore man you don't need a magazine. Check out blogs and tumblrs that aren't big names like mens health or whatever.

Eh. I mean, one issue of Men's Non-No is 320 pages. That's quite a lot of info all packed into one source. It's nice that they're all highly concentrated on a similar style as well as opposed to trudging through hundreds of blogs/tumblrs looking for something, finding a few that resonate, and ending up with a picture that has just been reblogged.

Rookje

Well there's the deep scoop. Then there's the front scoop. Then there's the gosling which is more focused on the traps and shoulders.

image1xl.jpg

300.ryan.cm.2912.jpg

I read somewhere that he cuts the neck holes on some of his shirts.

Gosling's shirt is LVC 1930'S Bay Meadow Tee in white, and he cuffs the sleeves a bit.

1930s-bay-meadows-tee.jpg

He wears LVC a lot.

Midas

I find most of them outside of Japan are shit. Some good ones I've managed to get my Dad to pickup while on business there are Men's Non-no, Men's Joker, Men's Fudge, SENSE, Free and Easy, off the top of my head.

Eh. I mean, one issue of Men's Non-No is 320 pages. That's quite a lot of info all packed into one source.

Thanks Alucrid!

Style Fox - Maybe you can suggest some good blogs and tubmlrs and what else there might be? It would be appreciated. But I still enjoy reading magazines. :)

Alucrid

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LL

Oh yeah, Cosmic, definitely go. I've heard great things about it.

What wrist accessories (if any) do you guys rock?

Watch on my left and on my right are some rubber bands strangely enough. We often get stacks of papers that are usually rubber band'd together and so when I take the rubber bands off, I usually put it around my wrist to remember to put them back... though I just forget about them and leave them.

I do have some woven bracelets as well but that's it.

Alucrid

Banned
you should really add beiber-clothing. I mean, he wears ann d, kva, rick, and givenchy.

oh yeah and geller.

stylefox go ahead and cobble some shit together. some interviews with fashpirational persons would be good too.

Rookje

Mens Fashion |OT| So good, I can't believe its not Buttero
Mens Fashion |OT| One part Hypebeast, Two parts Prep and a dash of Goth Ninja
Mens Fashion |OT| For those who button that top button and don't wear socks

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Men's Fashion |OT| No girls allowed
Men's Fashion |OT| Wayfarers are dead
Men's Fashion |OT| More customization options than Skyrim

And my personal favorite:

Men's Fashion |OT| #teamtucked
#swag #yolo

Manshion |OT| You Aren't Invited
Manshion |OT| Camo Everywhere
Manshion |OT| What Video Game Shirt Should I Wear?
Manshion |OT| More Helpful Than Dating-Age

Work is being done on the OP right now. It will be ready to launch by tonight since I got a class in an hour. Please be excited.

Still not sure what to name it.

Manshion |OT| More Helpful Than Dating-Age

What if it was something like "helping virgins get laid"

Akira

Looking at these watches. The all-black one I discovered in this thread a long time ago. I love it, but all of my watches are like stealth watches. So I'm considering the other two because of the striking contrast and design. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom