• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Many probably false Cafe-related rumours posted on 4Chan, some by "ESRB employee"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Londa said:
hmmm named the Current? blah I wanted it to be called Pii.

I figured they would call it the Yurin. "With graphics so real, Yurin the game now!"

Those two dudes from the Wii commercials would go from place to place, handing people the controller saying "Yurin the game!"

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Gravijah said:
Also:

397px-H._R._Giger.jpg

Steve Buscemi in 20 years?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Broken Ska Record said:
A new Metroid with RPG elements like Castlevania would be amazing.

*Faints*

AceBandage said:
Not from Sakamoto, anyway.
I don't think Nintendo will rest Metroid, though. Not just yet.

Sakamoto is not a second or third party guy who nintendo leaves the IP and takes it if it doesnt meet all the expectations. He will not do the next Metroid, only if he doesnt want to.

But who am I to say things, I liked Other M, so people call me crazy.

Krowley said:
From my understanding, this has already been discovered, and most people believe that the ERSB is simply rating flash games on the zelda universe website.
Since when are flash games rated? They're usually free and unrated

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Sakamoto is not a second or third party guy who nintendo leaves the IP and takes it if it doesnt meet all the expectations. He will not do the next Metroid, only if he doesnt want to.

But who am I to say things, I liked Other M, so people call me crazy.

I meant, rather, that I doubt another Metroid is Sakamoto's next game. But that doesn't mean we won't see Metroid in some form very soon.

Krowley

slopeslider said:
Since when are flash games rated? They're usually free and unrated

I don't know all the details, but this ERSB rating has shown up in rumors more than once (it's been around for a long time), and this is the best understood current explanation.

Gilby

My Crazy Café Prediction: Café is only a controller with a screen, but with an optional hub that lets you display using the television and connect to the internet through it. This could be used for different multiplayers modes (ie. single screen for multiplayer games that benefit from it, like NSMB). FPSs and games that benefit from multiple screens could still use the controller for the main screen (maybe display stats/spectator modes on the T.V?). Usually, on current consoles, you would need online to get that,; Nintendo will argue that the handheld aspect makes it more usuable in social spaces, such as a Café.

Four Swords and Pikmin would be so damn fantastic on it.

ferr

Gilby said:
My Crazy Café Prediction: Café is only a controller with a screen, but with an optional hub that lets you display using the television and connect to the internet through it. This could be used for different multiplayers modes (ie. single screen for multiplayer games that benefit from it, like NSMB). FPSs and games that benefit from multiple screens. Usually, on current consoles, you would need online to get that,; Nintendo will argue that the handheld aspect makes it more usuable in social spaces, such as a Café.

So it's a handheld system that competes with 3DS

Gilby

ferr said:
So it's a handheld system that competes with 3DS

It could be marketed to an older audience and compete with the ipad/iphone (and also PSP/Vita). I think Nintendo might want more of that huge audience, and be willing to step on the 3DSs' toes a little.

edit: "Mobile" gaming and "handheld" gaming are the same thing in the end.

Well, I would be happy if these rumors were true. But all common sense says they are not. They all sound way too much like fans' dreams. Well, only two more days, I guess.

Plinko

Gilby said:
My Crazy Café Prediction: Café is only a controller with a screen, but with an optional hub that lets you display using the television and connect to the internet through it. This could be used for different multiplayers modes (ie. single screen for multiplayer games that benefit from it, like NSMB). FPSs and games that benefit from multiple screens could still use the controller for the main screen (maybe display stats/spectator modes on the T.V?). Usually, on current consoles, you would need online to get that,; Nintendo will argue that the handheld aspect makes it more usuable in social spaces, such as a Café.

Not going to happen with the recent release of the 3DS.

Gilby

Negator said:
Holy shit, I would die. I would just fall over dead.

So you basically want another 2D metroid (who doesn't?), but you want the damage you're doing to display above enemies' heads?

Gilby said:

That's crazy, all right.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
All will be pardoned if we get Wind Waker @ 1080p 60FPS, HD textures and the missing dungeons. Aaaaaalll.

Gilby

Negator said:
I like seeing things bleed numbers.

I would take a New-Super-Metroid that had a menu option that let you see weapon stats and damage being done. Not sure if I want any xp/leveling systems though.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
The funniest about the possibility of a Trauma Center being true is that the IP will no longer be used to defend resistive touch screens and styli controls, while discredit capacitive touch screens. It's gonna be a whereisyourgodnow.gif moment if it ends up working.

Gilby said:
I would take a New-Super-Metroid that had a menu option that let you see weapon stats and damage being done. Not sure if I want any xp/leveling systems though.

Integrate it into the visor/storyline and it might work. So... Nano Catalyst basically.

Krowley

Gilby said:

Actually, I think leveling stats and XP would be one change that could come into metroid without changing the gameplay too drastically or breaking the formula.

It would add to the feeling of samus constantly improving throughout the game.

It would provide another benefit for retraversal.

bon

Jinfash said:
The funniest about the possibility of a Trauma Center being true is that the IP will no longer be used to defend resistive touch screens and styli controls, while discredit capacitive touch screens. It's gonna be a whereisyourgodnow.gif moment if it ends up working.
It would probably work okay but not as well as the DS games, like the Wii Trauma Centers.

Gilby

Krowley said:
Actually, I think leveling stats and XP would be one change that could come into metroid without changing the gameplay too drastically or breaking the formula.

It would add to the feeling of samus constantly improving throughout the game.

It would provide another benefit for retraversal.

I would love something like the leveling/upgrade system in Terraria, where it's possible to skip some steps, but you still need certain upgrades to progress. I guess that's basically just sequence breaking in Metroid though, but it would be kinda cool if it was more incorporated into the main game.

elsk

Banned
bon said:
It would probably work okay but not as well as the DS games, like the Wii Trauma Centers.

Actually, there's a TraumaCenter-like game for iOS and it works just fine.

Gilby said:

I think of it in a similar way, but with a huge caveat.

When some mention better than 360 and others say right around I think they're both right.

The main unit is more powerful, but the handheld portion of the device is right around. Neither will add much cost to the unit. The cost of the controller itself will be high, but we've already paid $60 for controllers this gen. I also decree the controller will be called a Game Boy, and the 3DS will be phased out by the end of next year for the home console/handheld hybrid Cafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom