• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Many probably false Cafe-related rumours posted on 4Chan, some by "ESRB employee"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Cyra

AniHawk said:
at this point, this is what i'm expecting the press conference will amount to compared to all the rumors

mKwjS.jpg
Even if the rumors where true, that would still be your reaction. Admit it!!!!

Poyunch

Anticitizen One said:
Galaxy doesn't let you explore open world environments its super linear levels that rely on space gimmicks. Its literally just abunch of themed platforms.
And it had some of the best platforming in recent times.

I'd say Smash 4 is most likely to have MegaMan.EXE more than the other incarnations. Battle Network was pretty popular, and nintendo-only.

The Lamp

I feel like backwards-compatibility, back to at least the previous gen, should be mandatory for all next-gen consoles. It encourages people to upgrade.

AmICoolYet said:
I'd say Smash 4 is most likely to have MegaMan.EXE more than the other incarnations. Battle Network was pretty popular, and nintendo-only.

I'm hoping for 8-bit Megaman myself.

Mr. Game and watch style

Beth Cyra

AmICoolYet said:
It was decently popular but no were near as popular as Rock or X. Also Battle Network has been over for awhile.

I guess you could try to use Starforce but I think they would go with Trigger since he has upcoming software coming up.

Poyunch

AmICoolYet said:
Better yet, let's represent the Star Force Mega Man.

Anticitizen One said:
Galaxy doesn't let you explore open world environments its super linear levels that rely on space gimmicks. Its literally just abunch of themed platforms.
I hope you're not saying linear is a bad thing. The linearity allowed for some of the, if not the, most well designed 3D platforming levels I've ever played.

Linearity gives more control to the devs.

Kyzer

Banned
Megaman.exe isn't running anymore, I doubt they would use an obsolete character. If anything. Either Volnutt for MML3 promotion/awareness or just plain Mega Man for nintendo-relations and universal appeal.

CoffeeJanitor said:
I hope you're not saying linear is a bad thing. The linearity allowed for some of the, if not the, most well designed 3D platforming levels I've ever played.

Linearity gives more control to the devs.

linearity works great in games like Uncharted NOT in Mario games*

*I spent my middle school years being immersed in Mario 64 so im biased

NewFresh

Anticitizen One said:

Liked your the stealth Edit

I enjoy the gameplay style of Mario 64 (Which can be played linearly)
Now I could be wrong, But I think you are confusing 2d with linear.

Anticitizen One said:

I played 64 a lot as well. The game really has not aged well, though.

Linearity works perfectly fine in platformers. Ever played SMB3? I know it's a 2D title but its linear design allows for more control over the players experience (that sounds kind of obvious but yeah).

I guess it just comes down to if you prefer exploration or obstacle courses. Personally I prefer the latter.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AmICoolYet said:
Megaman.EXE isn't very likely at all. Least likely of all the Megamans. Nintendo isn't smart enough to put the best Megaman incarnation into one of their games, so .EXE will have to wait for another day.

Volnutt is the hot shit, and provides great cross promotion opportunities for MML3. Classic Megaman is most likely based on him being, well the classic Megaman.

Krowley

CoffeeJanitor said:
I played 64 a lot as well. The game really has not aged well, though.

Linearity works perfectly fine in platformers. Ever played SMB3? I know it's a 2D title but its linear design allows for more control over the players experience (that sounds kind of obvious but yeah).

I guess it just comes down to if you prefer exploration or obstacle courses. Personally I prefer the latter.

I would say that we've already gotten two nearly perfect linear experiences in a row from the galaxy games, and I would like to see nintendo tackle the more open ended style of platformer again, just as a change of pace..

Also, Mario 64 is still totally awesome, even with some minor age related issues, mostly because it is incredibly imaginative and the level design is genius.

Krowley said:
I would say that we've already gotten two nearly perfect linear experiences in a row from the galaxy games, and I would like to see nintendo tackle the more open ended style of platformer again, just as a change of pace..

Also, Mario 64 is still totally awesome, even with some minor age related issues, mostly because it is incredibly imaginative and the level design is genius.
I wouldn't mind that at all. Of course, I would prefer a completely direction even more. Not sure what kind of a direction that would be, but then again I'm not a developer.

Beth Cyra

Fourth Storm said:
Is anyone actually speculating on the possibility of these rumors being true anymore. God, I hope not.
Certain parts of the rumor are very easy to believe regardless of the leaker having any real idea what he is talking about.

So I expect a few of them yeah, however it's not really becaus of the Rumors/leaks or whatever.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
To be honest, X is only loved in the US. In Japan, Zero steals his thunder, and even Inafune doesn't like X.

Also why the Volnutt hate here? Volnutt is inherently superior to Classic Megaman as far as moveset creativity is concerned.

TruePrime said:
Powered Up Roll was the Roll in TvC wasn't she?

Yeah.

Beth Cyra

Ookami-kun said:
To be honest, X is only loved in the US. In Japan, Zero steals his thunder, and even Inafune doesn't like X.

Also why the Volnutt hate here? Volnutt is inherently superior to Classic Megaman as far as moveset creativity is concerned.

Yeah.

X is plenty popular in Japan. Not nearly as much as Zero but he is popular all the same.

Also I have never read Inafune every say anything bad about X.

He has done several interviews about the X Characters and he certainly perfers Zero, quite possibly his most beloved character with how he talks about him.

That said he has some nice things to say about X and does talk about the character from time to time, had some choice bits in the RockMan/X Art Book they released not long ago.

Man ... IDK why they don't just make alts for characters in Smash. Why can't Doc-Mario be an alt?

I would love to be able to pick from different MegaMans if he is in. :/

Beth Cyra

Black-Wind said:
Man ... IDK why they don't just make alts for characters in Smash. Why can't Doc-Mario be an alt?

I would love to be able to pick from different MegaMans if he is in. :/
That would be really bad as far are Rock, X and Trigger go.

They are all vastly different characters who each has very different ablities and attacks once you move beyond standard buster shots.

Doc Mario, is still very much Mario.

Boss Doggie

TruePrime said:
X is plenty popular in Japan. Not nearly as much as Zero but he is popular all the same.

Also I have never read Inafune every say anything bad about X.

He has done several interviews about the X Characters and he certainly perfers Zero, quite possibly his most beloved character with how he talks about him.

That said he has some nice things to say about X and does talk about the character from time to time, had some choice bits in the RockMan/X Art Book they released not long ago.

But Volnutt/
Megaman Trigger
is also popular if you're basing it in Japan. And yeah, Inafune hasn't said anything bad about X, but you can tell he prefers Zero, especially when he was supposed to be the main character after all.

Also, Capcom has a knack for putting Legends in crossovers for some odd reason. Also, hey, free advertisement for Legends 3.

Beth Cyra

Ookami-kun said:
But Volnutt/
Megaman Trigger
is also popular if you're basing it in Japan. And yeah, Inafune hasn't said anything bad about X, but you can tell he prefers Zero, especially when he was supposed to be the main character after all.

Also, Capcom has a knack for putting Legends in crossovers for some odd reason. Also, hey, free advertisement for Legends 3.
Agree'd in everyway.

Even in the Rock/X Art book Inafune goes on and on about Zero. Even going into detail about how X isn't even his creation but someone else's on the teams, and it was Zero that he created and really watched over for the first 4 games.

Also they do love to use Trigger, and I do think if there was a Smash 4 with a Rock variant then it would be Trigger who made it in.

I don't think we will truly see X be used this generation outside of a Super Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

Boss Doggie

TruePrime said:
Agree'd in everyway.

Even in the Rock/X Art book Inafune goes on and on about Zero. Even going into detail about how X isn't even his creation but someone else's on the teams, and it was Zero that he created and really watched over for the first 4 games.

Also they do love to use Trigger, and I do think if there was a Smash 4 with a Rock variant then it would be Trigger who made it in.

I don't think we will truly see X be used this generation outside of a Super Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

Yeah.

I mean sure X is popular... but only in Western shores. He's outclassed by his "partner" and even by Rockman.EXE as far as Japanese popularity is concerned. Saying Volnutt is "one of the least popular characters" is definitely laughable when its series has net more crossover appearances than Megaman X.

TruePrime said:
That would be really bad as far are Rock, X and Trigger go.

They are all vastly different characters who each has very different ablities and attacks once you move beyond standard buster shots.

Doc Mario, is still very much Mario.
Well, we all know Ganon fights nothing like the way he does in his games.

Just saying that having alts would be nice for fans who don't get the version they like as "THE" character added into the game. Its something a lot of characters don't NEED like Mario ... but some could really use it because they have so many versions that people love.

If they're willing to do it with Wario I have no clue whats stopping them from doing it with others.

Beth Cyra

Ookami-kun said:
Yeah.

I mean sure X is popular... but only in Western shores. He's outclassed by his "partner" and even by Rockman.EXE as far as Japanese popularity is concerned. Saying Volnutt is "one of the least popular characters" is definitely laughable when its series has net more crossover appearances than Megaman X.
Juding wich Rock variant is most popular in Japan is pretty hard for right now.

Trigger while having more apperances for sure doesn't really sell all that well either, and X while not having the same cross over appeal has far more apperances in both canon games from his series as well as Zero's and even ZX's.

He faired pretty well as far as toys and other ways probably far more so then Trigger.

Thing is the one could argue that Trigger wasn't used much in those ways, except the same thing goes for X because wether he was strong enough as a character other Rock's were always choosen to be used.

Overall outside of probably Classic, Battle.net/Starforce their choices when it comes to the other Rock Variants have been odd at best give how they approach them.

civilstrife said:
Gross. Why not use the version that was used at the peak of the series? (MM2)
Because the 8-bit thing felt worn out by MM10. After that, I was tired of seeing MM in 8-bit. Weird after only 2 games, but I was always impartial to the 16-bit gen

leroidys

So not that I have anything invested in these rumors, but proving that he doesn't work for the ESRB doesn't really prove anything, assuming that he has called things before. He could just be saying that he works for the ESRB to try and cover his actual job/connection.

leroidys

As for the mega man crap, it would almost certainly be Volnutt, with the only other possibility being X. Classic mega man would just not translate very well into the SSB style, and they are overly sensitive about this sort of thing to the point of not putting in the animal crossing guy, miis, etc.

Volnutt would be a cross promotion, already has a decent moveset from TvC, fits the look, and is popular.

Battle network mega man would be cool as I love the series, but I don't really see them doing that as the series is long dead.

I'm not going to hold my breath that he is in the game at all though.

NeonZ

leroidys said:
As for the mega man crap, it would almost certainly be Volnutt, with the only other possibility being X. Classic mega man would just not translate very well into the SSB style, and they are overly sensitive about this sort of thing to the point of not putting in the animal crossing guy, miis, etc.

How are the Miis and Animal Crossing character comparable to Megaman Classic? Sakurai didn't include them because they aren't from games with combat (although that's not really true for the Miis), and Megaman comes from an action/platformer, just like Mario and some other characters in the game.

If a Megaman character appears in Smash, and it actually is Volnutt, it'll be just due to Capcom forcing it - just like they did with all the appearances of Legend characters in the various Vs titles. We're talking about a failed series that only had two entries and didn't even get great reviews either. There's no reason Volnutt should appear in a Smash game before Classic. If they want to promote him so much, he should be just a half assed clone like Roy in SSBM in order to avoid wasting resources on a character like him.

Boss Doggie

NeonZ said:
How are the Miis and Animal Crossing character comparable to Megaman Classic? Sakurai didn't include them because they aren't from games with combat (although that's not really true for the Miis), and Megaman comes from an action/platformer, just like Mario and some other characters in the game.

If a Megaman character appears in Smash, and it actually is Volnutt, it'll be just due to Capcom forcing it - just like they did with all the appearances of Legend characters in the various Vs titles. We're talking about a failed series that only had two entries and didn't even get great reviews either. There's no reason Volnutt should appear in a Smash game before Classic. If they want to promote him so much, he should be just a half assed clone like Roy in SSBM in order to avoid wasting resources on a character like him.

Classic nowadays feel midtier in the fanbase.

And clone Volnutt will only reap anger.

leroidys

NeonZ said:

I mean it doesn't fit in visually. They can't use 8bit obviously, and giant human/cartoon robot child would look weird as hell. Almost as bad as a skinny anthropomorphized hedgehog or something.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'm just going through some of the rumor threads for crosschecking purposes...

How silly does everyone feels for even discussing this so called "rumor" now? no good could ever come out of 4Chan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom