• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Many probably false Cafe-related rumours posted on 4Chan, some by "ESRB employee"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epcott said:
there is no Mario World in Japan, only the offshoot names Galaxy and Land.
Not exactly. Their full titles are;

JP: Super Mario Bros. 4: Super Mario World
US: Super Mario World

JP: Super Mario: Yoshi Island
US: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

This thread has basically insured that the Nintendo conference will be seen as a flop on GAF. I would be surprised if 10% of the claims were legit.

The online Pokemon RPG doesn't sound one bit legitimate. I don't think Nintendo will ever do that on a home console.

Just my 0.02 on the rumors.

Epcott

lunchwithyuzo said:
Not exactly. Their full titles are;

JP: Super Mario Bros. 4: Super Mario World
US: Super Mario World

JP: Super Mario: Yoshi Island
US: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

I didn't know the subtitle of SMB4 was SMB4:SMW

tumblr_l1ryhzvUhT1qbj9xwo1_500.jpg

Ahh, you're right! Love that box art... can we get a cell shaded Mario like that?

I love how the thread title changed to: Many probably false Cafe-related rumors posted on 4Chan, some by "ESRB employee" ha ha!

Gaf is really doing a number on me with all these damn Nintendo rumor threads. Beam/Beem was just sad seeing how many people were willing to think Nintendo would may it that easy :/

This wait is killing gaf and ripping us apart :(

Sutton Dagger said:
This thread has basically insured that the Nintendo conference will be seen as a flop on GAF. I would be surprised if 10% of the claims were legit.
But I was promised Snatcher HD Nintendo exclusive. *Raaaaaaaaaaaage*

Epcott said:
I didn't know the subtitle of SMB4 was SMB4:SMW

tumblr_l1ryhzvUhT1qbj9xwo1_500.jpg

Ahh, you're right! Love that box art... can we get a cell shaded Mario like that?

I love how the thread title changed to: Many probably false Cafe-related rumors posted on 4Chan, some by "ESRB employee" ha ha!
Oh man do I love that SFC boxart. <3

Two other Super Mario games also have some slight title differences;

JP: Super Mario USA
US: Super Mario Bros. 2

JP: Super Mario Collection
US: Super Mario All-Stars

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I have friends at the ESRB, I could ask, but this smells mostly like crap to me.

Note, I'm not asking, because I don't want to spoil it for myself.
But every year this place is a frenzy and always gets disappointed, so there will be blood either way I suppose haha

J-Rock

Banned
John Harker said:
I have friends at the ESRB, I could ask, but this smells mostly like crap to me.

Note, I'm not asking, because I don't want to spoil it for myself.But every year this place is a frenzy and always gets disappointed, so there will be blood either way I suppose haha

Why even post any of that. You'll just piss people off.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
J-Rock said:
Why even post any of that. You'll just piss people off.

Expectation setting. The ESRB doesn't have that many people where it wouldn't be easy to track who that is leaking so much. I mean, I don't know either way, but when Nintendo fans get disappointed this place gets violent.

Bert

While we're posting crazy ideas that would be awesome but will never happen:

Detachable tablet runs on Android and is PS Suite compatible...

Foffy said:
You do know that if he's true, he could have confused the rating on the ESRB site for a game. People here on NeoGAF did the same thing.

Even the website looks like it could be mistaken for a game collection of some kind.

Kamek

John Harker said:

Note, I'm not asking, because I don't want to spoil it for myself.
But every year this place is a frenzy and always gets disappointed, so there will be blood either way I suppose haha

???

Why even mention this?

E: nevermind, ninja'd.

IrishNinja

nice, cactus is calling GC and Wii full compatibility...should be a given i guess, but with the way this gen's gone, i can't assume shit anymore.

Snakey

Here is the exact post of which Round Cactus talks about the debut trailer for Super Smash Bros. Paradise:
http://i.imgur.com/0J4A3.png

Confirmed characters for Smash Bros. Paradise:
- Mario
- Donkey Kong
- Link
- Yoshi
- Kirby
- Pikachu
- Captain Falcon
- Peach

Returning Brawl veterans:
- Lucas
- Pit (mentioned in another Round Cactus post about the game)
- Snake (yes Snake is back)

Newcomer:
- Mega Man Volnutt (Trigger)

Sadist

John Harker said:
Expectation setting. The ESRB doesn't have that many people where it wouldn't be easy to track who that is leaking so much. I mean, I don't know either way, but when Nintendo fans get disappointed this place gets violent.
You tease :(

mj1108

BY2K said:
His talk about the trailer being rated differently than the game just fucked the rumour right up the ass.
If I'm not mistaken they don't rate the trailers. Trailers usually have RP - Rating Pending, as the rating refers to the final game.

BY2K

Membero Americo
mj1108 said:
If I'm not mistaken they don't rate the trailers. Trailers usually have RP - Rating Pending, as the rating refers to the final game.

Well, trailers that are near the release of the final games are rated, but yeah, not trailers for games that will come out in a year or more. Which makes it even more stupid to say that the trailer is rated differently than the game.

Negator

ShockingAlberto said:
"trailer is rated E, game is rated T."

Bam

Credibility fucked.

Trailers may get rated beforehand, in-development games years from release definitely do not.

What if...they release it THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!?

Linkup

As if he had any cred. These rumor are so clearly BS to me I don't know why people are so gullible. Typical mix of past rumors and stuff fans want to hear. He says he's going to get more info, how exactly? All it was is a trailer...

J-Rock

Banned
BY2K said:
His talk about the trailer being rated differently than the game just fucked the rumour right up the ass.

Yeah that's off.

Wish some GAF members could question this guy.

NeonZ

He doesn't have a tripcode though, so any separate posts with the same username might actually be from different people. Of course, this also damages the connection between the 3DS and these rumors.

This really reads like total BS. What a bizarre way to potentially introduce a Smash game.

Although that's probably BS, Brawl would originally start with some kind of comedic bus scene, until Sakurai said that was not what he wanted at all. So, a Smash without Sakurai could have a really different tone.

SmithnCo

NeonZ said:
He doesn't have a tripcode though, so any separate posts with the same username might actually be from different people. Of course, this also damages the connection between the 3DS and these rumors.

That's what I said, there is no way to tell if he is the same guy from the past.

And I cannot get over the stupidity of the Smash "rumor," instead of different Nintendo stages it is set on a random beach that has nothing to do with anything? Guy is trolling.

Cactus

Banned
How often are these lists ever true? Pretty much never.

This guy doesn't deserve the attention he's getting.

(no, I'm not him)

ShockingAlberto said:
Because he made the claim based on "secret ESRB insider information" when there's a single ESRB listing for Zelda Universe that is clearly about the website.

None of the other ESRB listings are up yet, maybe it hasn't been amended? I'm not saying I believe, but I think it's silly to discount solely on the basis that they used the name for a website portal before. If they wanted to use it for a game too, they would. That doesn't mean they're going to leak that any earlier than the rest of their listings.

L00P said:
If Snake got in Smash, why not Volnutt?
His relevance to Nintendo is quite literally being one of many playable characters in Tatsunoko vs Capcom and absolutely nothing else. That seems like an insanely obscure link to make him a viable character in Paradise, and really, why would they skip classic Mega Man, X or even Ryu before reaching Volnutt? What with Capcom seeming to want to back out of Legends 3 and everything. 'Paradise' is a terrible name by the way; I'm banking on the next Smash being called 'Royale' myself.

That being said, anybody could pose as Round Cactus because he doesn't have a tripcode and yadda yadda yadda all these rumors are just going to make my inner child cry when they don't come true :[

NeonZ

L00P said:
If Snake got in Smash, why not Volnutt?

Most people are hoping for classic Megaman, not Volnutt. Smash always gets the main characters too, before getting secondary characters of each franchise.

However, if this is not a Sakurai game, then both something like the beach scene and such a casting choice could easily happen. Volnutt could also simply be imposed by Capcom. They have been pushing Legends characters in crossover games for a long time now, even though it was probably the least successful Megaman series...

His relevance to Nintendo is quite literally being one of many playable characters in Tatsunoko vs Capcom. That seems like an insanely obscure link to make him a viable character in Paradise (terrible name by the way, I'm banking on the next Smash being called 'Royale')

There was a Legends 1 port for the N64 and the upcoming Legends 3.

qq more

Astrosanity said:
His relevance to Nintendo is quite literally being one of many playable characters in Tatsunoko vs Capcom.
What about Mega Man 64 and Mega Man Legends 3? :eek:

EDIT: Beaten!

Sadist

I'd rather have Ryu from Street Fighter.

Ofcourse with Trollno these days he'll include Blanka just for shitz and giggles.

worldrunover said:
The online Pokemon RPG doesn't sound one bit legitimate. I don't think Nintendo will ever do that on a home console.

Just my 0.02 on the rumors.
An online Pokemon game is a given of course. Wheather or not it will have a story mode or not is up for grabs

MisterHero

Sadist said:
I'd rather have Ryu from Street Fighter.

Ofcourse with Trollno these days he'll include Blanka just for shitz and giggles.
yeah I'd like Ryu

Dan would be terrific though

I hope Nintendo includes someone from Pro Wrestling, like Starman

qq more said:
What about Mega Man 64 and Mega Man Legends 3? :eek:
wait there was a mega man legends 64 why did I not know this

Though I mentioned it seems like Capcom's heads seem to have little to no faith in the Legends 3 project so again it seems weird they'd push Volnutt ahead of several more iconic characters.

Beth Cyra

Astrosanity said:
wait there was a mega man legends 64 why did I not know this

Though I mentioned it seems like Capcom's heads seem to have little to no faith in the Legends 3 project so again it seems weird they'd push Volnutt ahead of several more iconic characters.
Even if they don't go all the way with Dash 3, Dash still has more life now then when they choose Trigger for TvC or even Tron to reappear in MvC III.

They seem quite content in letting Dash be a cross over type thing, happened again in Namco Vs Capcom and if Nintendo approached Capcom to include a MM, it's very possible they would choose Trigger given everything else.

You also have to think about how much X is being pushed by the fans for a Super Marvel 3 or DLC so it's very likely they would send X there and it would come down to Trigger and Classic, and at least for right now, Trigger might very well have the upper hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom