• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Many probably false Cafe-related rumours posted on 4Chan, some by "ESRB employee"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

Time to prepare for the worst-case scenario: What if all they show for Cafe are proof-of-concept tech demos with generic everyday objects you can control, like Frying Pan Demo and Window Washer Demo? What if they don't show any IPs or games proper? Eh?

Trying to reduce my expectations lest Reggie rip out and stomp on my heart. :(

qq more

Honestly, I think Mega Man (classic) himself fits in Smash Bros the most. I can't imagine any other Capcom character that would fit in more. I'd be really disappointed if the Capcom rep isn't Mega Man (and let's be honest, I don't think they'll let a 3rd party company include more than 1 character of theirs into the roster.)

Although, Volnutt can fit in too. Would really help awareness of MML3!

Beth Cyra

qq more said:
Honestly, I think Mega Man (classic) himself fits in Smash Bros the most. I can't imagine any other Capcom character that would fit in more. I'd be really disappointed if the Capcom rep isn't Mega Man (and let's be honest, I don't think they'll let a 3rd party company include more than 1 character of theirs into the roster.)

Although, Volnutt can fit in too. Would really help awareness of MML3!
Classic or X would seem the likely choices, they were born on Nintendo platforms and have had a huge histroy with them, even more so then Trigger.

Yet almost anyone would have said the exact same thing for Marvel 3, yet no version of Rock made it at all.

Snake is still the odd man out which is why I find him coming back so shocking.

He has had two games that Kojima himself ignore when he is being nice or seems to hate the idea of when not. A gameboy color game which sold like crap and most people didn't care about. A Remake of the first game that alot of people didn't care for, it didn't sell well.

I gues MGS 3D but right now who knows if that will even sell.

I get he and Sakurai were friends, but if Sakurai isn't the head of Smash 4, why is Snake still here?

SmithnCo

There is no way that Smash rumor is true. C'mon, it has Link swimming with Pikachu while Lucas plays volleyball.

Volnutt is probably the most believable part of it.

Glix

ManeKast said:
Im going to flip out if theres a true sequel to Mario 64. Nothing is more exciting.

I don't really get this. How is Galaxy NOT a true sequel?

Doesn't the same rumor source say that it isn't hub based? That would make the new game NOT a true sequel, especially if you don't consider Galaxy/Sunshine a true sequel, how would you argue that a non-hub based is a true sequel?

Red UFO

Neiteio said:
Time to prepare for the worst-case scenario: What if all they show for Cafe are proof-of-concept tech demos with generic everyday objects you can control, like Frying Pan Demo and Window Washer Demo? What if they don't show any IPs or games proper? Eh?

Trying to reduce my expectations lest Reggie rip out and stomp on my heart. :(

I am hoping for better than this, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if this was the case.

Glix said:

Doesn't the same rumor source say that it isn't hub based? That would make the new game NOT a true sequel, especially if you don't consider Galaxy/Sunshine a true sequel, how would you argue that a non-hub based is a true sequel?

Well, when you went into paintings, each area was like a little world you would explore in, unlike the more clearer paths in galaxy. Aside from that, yeah, it was still hub focused.

Snakey

SmithnCo said:
There is no way that Smash rumor is true. C'mon, it has Link swimming with Pikachu while Lucas plays volleyball.

Volnutt is probably the most believable part of it.

Perhaps the most difficult to swallow part of the rumor is that there are no Nintendo newcomers. There are still quite a few popular and well-known Nintendo characters that are not yet playable in Smash Bros. (Ridley, Little Mac, Isaac, Toad/Bowser Jr., etc.). Why isn't there are least one Nintendo newcomer? Melee's unveil had four newcomers, Brawl's unveil had five newcomers. Paradise's unveil only has one? And its of one of the least popular incarnations of a popular character (Mega Man). I got a feeling though that Paradise is the real deal though, but something is generally up that that did not show any newcomers aside from Volnutt.

Does anyone here frequent /v/? Someone should try and get a hold of this Round Cactus guy.

Beth Cyra

Snakey said:
Perhaps the most difficult to swallow part of the rumor is that there are no Nintendo newcomers. There are still quite a few popular and well-known Nintendo characters that are not yet playable in Smash Bros. (Ridley, Little Mac, Isaac, Toad/Bowser Jr., etc.). Why isn't there are least one Nintendo newcomer? Melee's unveil had four newcomers, Brawl's unveil had five newcomers. Paradise's unveil only has one? And its of one of the least popular incarnations of a popular character (Mega Man). I got a feeling though that Paradise is the real deal though, but something is generally up that that did not show any newcomers aside from Volnutt.

Does anyone here frequent /v/? Someone should try and get a hold of this Round Cactus guy.
Even if you tried it's impossible to know if you are talking to the "real" Cactus.

Anyone can post by name at any time.

Glix said:

People like to twist definitions to fit their own beliefs. It's like how Deus Ex: Invisible War isn't a "true" sequel because people didnt like it

Snakey said:

Pretty sure cactuswhoever is full of crap, but he gave two conflicting stories of what he saw of the new Smash on /v/, one being just a quick snippet posted in the OP with Mario, Link, Pit and who might be Saki fighting in a few new Mario/Zelda themed levels and another being entirely different and posted out of everything else about all this Smash Bros. 'Paradise' bullshit.

Pretty sure even if the original stuff is fake (I'm on the fence, but honestly more because I *want* it to all be true), that the 'Paradise' post was done by somebody taking up his name since he doesn't have a tripcode. Helps that his posting style changed in those two different posts as well.

Maaseru

Banned
People and their crazy ideas just like how Assassins Creed Brotherhood was not 3 and Revelations is not 4, They are still talking and waiting on Assassins 3 like if it was the true sequel number. The thing is they'll argue about so much when it is announced...oh whatever haha

As for true sequel to Mario 64? Well Sunshine was that and Galaxy 1&2 the next sequel.

And the sequel to Super Mario World 2 are they New super Mario Bros.

People and their titles...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I really hope the open-world Mario rumor turns out not to be true... I can't see how that could possibly work and be entertaining. Galaxy had those tight and compact 3D platforming levels, which is much more suitable for a 3D Mario, that I hope they continue with (though ideally they will make another 2D Mario - hell the 2D ones sell much more and I like em better :p )

Metal Saga rumored for the system... what the hell? Would be AMAZING if true, but that series is so obscure, who would even make something like that up?

Red UFO

I think an open-world Mario game would be more enjoyable if it was set in the Mushroom Kingdom. Take it back to where it started.

SmithnCo

Snakey said:
Perhaps the most difficult to swallow part of the rumor is that there are no Nintendo newcomers. There are still quite a few popular and well-known Nintendo characters that are not yet playable in Smash Bros. (Ridley, Little Mac, Isaac, Toad/Bowser Jr., etc.). Why isn't there are least one Nintendo newcomer?

That too, I would think they'd at least show Little Mac, he is an obvious one. Maybe play with people's heartstrings by bringing back a Melee fighter as well, like Mewtwo. Or they could go all-out with multiple third-party reveals. Volnutt is pretty boring in comparison to Brawl's announcement hype material.

I'm probably getting too hyped about a potential Smash too. At least I can hold on to the hope of them showing Pikmin.

L00P

qq more said:
Honestly, I think Mega Man (classic) himself fits in Smash Bros the most. I can't imagine any other Capcom character that would fit in more.

Ryu's move set translates beautifully in Smash. Up-B Shoryuken!

ManeKast

Glix said:

I always thought of Galaxy seperate to the themes of the main series, though, I can see your point. Hub based or not I always thought the core mario series was defined by its world and style (which Galaxy was slightly left of center of), and that a non-hub based core mario world game would be an evolution of the main series (which I guess Galaxy is too come to think of it). Just how I see it.

ManeKast said:
I always thought of Galaxy seperate to the themes of the main series, though, I can see your point. Hub based or not I always thought the core mario series was defined by its world and style (which Galaxy was slightly left of center of), and that a non-hub based core mario world game would be an evolution of the main series (which I guess Galaxy is too come to think of it). Just how I see it.
Here's your problem. You are tryin to find a cohesive list of the "main series" of the Mario games. yea, stop trying. If it's a standard platformer, then it's the "main series"

Truth101

Banned
From The Dust said:
Here's your problem. You are tryin to find a cohesive list of the "main series" of the Mario games. yea, stop trying. If it's a standard platformer, then it's the "main series"

2D Platformer = Main Series
3D Platformer = Side Series

I kid. I kid. Or, do I?

Glix

From The Dust said:
Only if you are a heathen. True believers accept all Mario doctrines as the holy truth

Even this?

Mario%20Teaches%20Typing_5.png

Sorry about jumping on you in the "nintendo" thread, I'm 7.5 hrs into my shift, and I'm quite cranky. Also, I really want the fucking eshop to go up already.

Glix said:
Even this?

Mario%20Teaches%20Typing_5.png

Sorry about jumping on you in the "nintendo" thread, I'm 7.5 hrs into my shift, and I'm quite cranky. Also, I really want the fucking eshop to go up already.
Not all parts of the bible were pretty, dawg

ManeKast

From The Dust said:

Point taken, I guess what I would really like to see is a new Mario game that presents itself like Super Mario World / Mario 64. If this is what we get, I am going to flip out (in a good way). Hell, I would flip out if it was Galaxy/NSMB or anything in HD. Lordy.

SuperAngelo64 said:
I feel the power of the Dojo thread reviving itself...

This is Mega Man!
mega-man-cartoon.jpg

He was created by Dr. Light to help assist him in the lab. But after betrayal by Dr. Wily, he was fitted with the Buster Cannon to stop Wily's evil gang of robots!

Mega Man can absorb the powers of defeated enemies. Kind of like another little friend of ours.
Mega_Man_X_Vs_Kirby.gif

Mega Man can also summon his faithful companion: Rush!
rush.gif

What a good robot dog!

Snakey

AceBandage said:
This is Mega Man!
mega-man-cartoon.jpg

He was created by Dr. Light to help assist him in the lab. But after betrayal by Dr. Wily, he was fitted with the Buster Cannon to stop Wily's evil gang of robots!

Mega Man can absorb the powers of defeated enemies. Kind of like another little friend of ours.
Mega_Man_X_Vs_Kirby.gif

Mega Man can also summon his faithful companion: Rush!
rush.gif

What a good robot dog!

Too bad we are getting Volnutt instead.

Anth0ny

Truth101 said:
2D Platformer = Main Series
3D Platformer = Side Series

I kid. I kid. Or, do I?

I always thought main series was Mario 1,2,3, World, World 2, 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2.

And I guess the Mario Lands and NSMBs.

Poyunch

So you're saying if we get the original Mega Man he'd be just like Seth and other copycat characters!?!?! Oh boy!

Gravijah

TruePrime said:
Tired of both Rock and Trigger, give me X.

Just one game with him would hold me over.

Still angry that Maverick Hunter X didn't sell well damn it.

X is also awesome. I'd prefer X over them both just because, well... he gets no love.

Beth Cyra

Gravijah said:
X is also awesome. I'd prefer X over them both just because, well... he gets no love.
He doesn't.

Even that weird MMO thing which had him on a poster had that kinda cool CG cutscene nonense, had every side character from the X series, only to have Rock, Blues and fucking Bass show up.

What a kick in the nuts.

Glix said:

Galaxy doesn't let you explore open world environments its super linear levels that rely on space gimmicks. Its literally just abunch of themed platforms.

Vice

PounchEnvy said:
So you're saying if we get the original Mega Man he'd be just like Seth and other copycat characters!?!?! Oh boy!

He could use the more iconic powers from the MM series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom