• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Many probably false Cafe-related rumours posted on 4Chan, some by "ESRB employee"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

Maby a little off topic, but what what does the second source mean with Gears of War is contracted to Microsoft? Does this mean they have dibs or did they buy the IP?

TheOddOne said:
Maby a little off topic, but what what does the second source mean with Gears of War is contracted to Microsoft? Does this mean they have dibs or did they buy the IP?

Pretty sure MS does own the Gears Franchise, yeah.

Beth Cyra

AceBandage said:
Pretty sure MS does own the Gears Franchise, yeah.
Unless they bought it out after Gears 1 was released they don't.

Back around the first game, several places including Luke Smith of 1up reported that Microsoft owned the publishing right to the first 2 games in the franchise.

Epic still owned the IP and could do whatever they wanted with it after that.

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
Paper Mario 4

super paper mario was a spinoff (of a spinoff of a spinoff) and doesn't count and paper mario 3d is doing the whole 'it's the third one AND it's 3d' thing.

Grecco

After Metroid Prime 3 theres literally no way they go back to a FPS, (Honestly after Another M, i doubt we see more Metroid soon) Rumors sound bogus.

Red UFO

Grecco said:
After Metroid Prime 3 theres literally no way they go back to a FPS, (Honestly after Another M, i doubt we see more Metroid soon) Rumors sound bogus.

Why would they not go back to a first-person perspective? I don't see why not.

It's not going to be a real Metroid game.
It's going to be a spin off staring Anthony Higgs.
Kicking ass and being awesome.

/XX/

SolidSnakex said:
Yeah, it could certainly be him trolling. The thing that really throws it for a loop is that he's said that they won't build a Snatcher with the Fox Engine. So it seems like it may be developed outside of the company if it's happening. Of course we know about Project S with Suda, so that's one possibility.
While it is true that all the nudges-and-winks we have seen lately could go both ways, I think all the reminiscences Mr. Kojima & Co. are throwing at us about SNATCHER lately are a sign for something, I don't know what. For example, that reunion with (probably) Jiro Oishi and posterior image of a playing set ready with a SNATCHER copy that he said planned "for a particular reason":

Twitter / @小島秀夫: 訳あって「SNATCHER」一式セット用意。 ht ...
http://twitter.com/#!/Kojima_Hideo/status/56287020498173952

Twitter / @小島秀夫: 「SNATCHER」の裏パッケージ。シナリオ原稿用紙 ...
http://twitter.com/#!/Kojima_Hideo/status/56301626926956544

Twitter / @小島秀夫: PC-88版「SNATCHER」。フロッピー5枚組。 ...
http://twitter.com/#!/Kojima_Hideo/status/56301190425751552

That showing he made for his followers on twitter to the SNATCHER development related documents:

Twitter / 小島秀夫: PC-88/MSX2版「SNATCHER(1988年 ...
http://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/stat...42525123104769

Twitter / 小島秀夫: 実はPC-88/MSX2版「SNATCHER(198 ...
http://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/stat...43458498351104

Twitter / 小島秀夫: これは「SNATCHER」用に僕が書いた当時の専用ス ...
http://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/stat...44909710753792

And, of course, all the reunions and conversations with Goichi Suda and that supposedly new itineration of 'Project S' (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26200637&postcount=31). Even Yumi Kikuchi has been recently playing SNATCHER, "for something" as well! All of this is probably nitpicking from personal moments on twitter accounts, but I find it easy to allow yourself be swept away by the current of new information.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Yup, was just thinking that. He's also mentioned lately going in to do some "voice work" that left him feeling very "nostalgic."

Gravijah

AceBandage said:
No, you're not suppose to remember him.

Too slow.

mLZu5.gif

...I feel like ninj4junpei.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
4chan /v/ "insiders" are generally right on some things, but wrong on others. Take it with a grain of salt.

That said: If Atlus doesn't make that "Trauma Center" game available for Move and Natal as well, I'm going to flip my shit. I don't want to rebuy a goddamn Nintendo console just for one (okay, maybe 2 with Pokemon online RPG) title and then wait for that one title to get maybe 2-3 titles for the system in the life of the system. :/

That said: Capcom's "backporting" (so to speak) of older titles to the new console isn't surprising. What'll be surprising is if they stick around and actually support the goddamn thing. Watch, no Biohazard 6 on the console, I'm calling it right now.

I've been so so so so so so burned by the Wii's lackluster third party support (and not caring about Nintendo's offerings, sorry, not my bag) to where I can't be hyped for their console.

farnham

Banned
Amir0x said:
Mario, Smash Bros., Metroid, Donkey Kong, Mini-game crap

yeah it's a new Nintendo console alright, what stunning predictions
this is exactly what im thinking

outside of some gamecube, n64 style nintendo fans there will be no one that actually cares about cafe with that kind of lineup

TruePrime said:
Wii kicked the crap out of Gamecube in almost every way. Both hardware and software Sales destroyed the cube.

Some might have loved Cube, hell I was one of them. However you must look at it like this. Wii outsold cube like 4 times over.

Smash was it's best selling game at around 8 Million correct? They have multiple pieces of software over 20 million.

So to Nintendo and to the millions upon millions that bought Wii yet skipped over Gamecube, the idea that the Cube is some how better doesn't even make sense.

yup going the way of GC is not a good sign

Aeana

TheSeks said:
4chan /v/ "insiders" are generally right on some things, but wrong on others. Take it with a grain of salt.

That said: If Atlus doesn't make that "Trauma Center" game available for Move and Natal as well, I'm going to flip my shit. I don't want to rebuy a goddamn Nintendo console just for one (okay, maybe 2 with Pokemon online RPG) and then wait for that one title to get maybe 2-3 titles for the system in the life of the system. :/

That said: Capcom's "backporting" (so to speak) of older titles to the new console isn't surprising. What'll be surprising is if they stick around and actually support the goddamn thing. Watch, no Biohazard 6 on the console, I'm calling it right now.
Don't worry. The Trauma series is dead. Its inclusion in the list proves that the list is total bunk.

TheSeks

Aeana said:
Don't worry. The Trauma series is dead. Its inclusion in the list proves that the list is total bunk.

You missed my edit! :(

But wait, what!? Really? Source for this?

TheSeks

Aeana said:
The source is Trauma Team selling 11k and me being a defeatist.

Hey! I was one of that 11K! Wasn't worth the $250 I paid for the Wii just to have no games that interested me besides it come out on the console compared to the HD twins, really good.

Disguises

I think the one thing that proves this cactus dude to be lying is when he replies about "Zelda Universe" being the "collections pre-release title". We all know what Zelda universe actually is...Total BS.

AniHawk

Aeana said:
The source is Trauma Team selling 11k and me being a defeatist.

well a trauma game at launch worked last time, and a trauma game on the touch screen worked the first time, so if we ever got another, this would make the most sense.

also, trauma team was awful and i hope they realize that.

Aeana

AniHawk said:
well a trauma game at launch worked last time, and a trauma game on the touch screen worked the first time, so if we ever got another, this would make the most sense.

You're awful, AniHawk

AniHawk

you know what would be great? if nobody ever did what they did for endoscopy controls ever again until the end of time.

also, let's get some government money into funding skip button research.

TheSeks

AniHawk said:

LexLuthorTheSumofAllWRONG.gif

No. It wasn't as good as Trauma Center, yes. But awful? No. It was a decent attempt at putting more than "operations" in the game. They just have to refine endoscopy and drop the text adventures and it'd be fine.

Aeana

TheSeks said:

No. It wasn't as good as Trauma Center, yes. But awful? No. It was a decent attempt at putting more than "operations" in the game. They just have to refine endoscopy and drop the text adventures and it'd be fine.
But forensics was the best part of the game. :|

Gravijah

So, I want a new OutRun. On the Cafe*. They could use the touch screen as a radio. And I guess it would come with a fan to simulate driving in a convertible. That would be great.

*Or anywhere, really.

Aeana said:

Forensics... Condemned. Yes, Monolith Productions need to make a new Condemned. You're a genius. Condemned 2!

AniHawk

TheSeks said:

it was like, 1/3 a good ol' fashioned trauma center, 1/3 interesting-at-first and then INCREDIBLY BORING text adventure shit, and then 1/3 stupid surgery stuff with the worst controls in the game.

and then it wasted my time with far too many unskippable cutscenes.

TheSeks

Aeana said:

You mean the Naomi section? Minus the last one-two cases being interesting, I didn't really like them.

Spike/Gabe's section was similar, finding out his
child was going to die
was a really good hook, but they did nothing with it other than end it on that note. Otherwise I wasn't too hooked.

Having actual "doing" missions for operations and endoscopy and things like that is more compelling to me gameplay wise for a medical themed game than finding things that are wrong.

Why no rumours of Paper Metroid? :(
Gravijah said:
So, I want a new OutRun. On the Cafe*. They could use the touch screen as a radio. And I guess it would come with a fan to simulate driving in a convertible. That would be great.
Scent generating fan on the controller will be held back for the generation after Café.

TheSeks

AniHawk said:
it was like, 1/3 a good ol' fashioned trauma center, 1/3 interesting-at-first and then INCREDIBLY BORING text adventure shit, and then 1/3 stupid surgery stuff with the worst controls in the game.

and then it wasted my time with far too many unskippable cutscenes.

The cutscenes could be skipped later, you were supposed to get into the story, man!

It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't the Trauma Center I was looking for. A decent "first time with the series" entry for new comers though.

eXistor

Wow, I didn't realise Trauma Team sold that badly, it's one of the best Wii games for sure and imo what Trauma Center should have been. They probably should have released it earlier, before people burnt out on Trauma Center. A shame really, because it really was one of the freshest games I had played in a long time.

Neiteio

AceBandage said:
http://www.abload.de/img/hnnngvspb.jpg
Wasn't that man really having a heart attack when that pic was taken? I hope he's OK. :-\

Also, someone tell me that open-world Super Mario World 3 rumor isn't real before I get my hopes up and feel crushed not seeing it at E3. :-\

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Here is two cents on "cactus jacks".

1. Endless Ocean 3. Why of course Nintendo should be excited about releasing this baby in a third installment in HD. I mean the series has been soo successful.

2. Super Mario World 3 Cafe. This sounds very legit. I mean I'm sure Nintendo's Cafe early previews will have exact titles and subtitles. Super Mario World 3 is a great name that i'm sure the marketing team will love explaining to people who have no idea there was even a super mario world 2.

3. Some random guy knows about 30 cafe games roughly. Come on! Some of his tripe is just speculation based on what will probably happpen (DKCR2) and the rest is just IGNBoards wet blankie fantasies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom