• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Many probably false Cafe-related rumours posted on 4Chan, some by "ESRB employee"

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVH

perfectchaos007 said:
You would also think he would know more about what the games were that were shown. For example him claiming that one sports game had flaming basketballs and he said "is that normal?" you would think someone who works at ESRB would know that game is NBA Jam. He played dumb on a lot of his game descriptions when, you would think, working at ESRB you would know a lot more about what looks like certain IP's when you see it.

If you talk about Cactus, he also says something like "Sports titles bla bla bla boring", so maybe he's not that interested in sport games to know about NBA Jam.

Because well, I play videogames and I'm not interested in sport games, and didn't know about the flaming basketballs in NBA Jam.

Graphics Horse said:
He could just be their window cleaner for all I know.
Window cleaners would not be given access to Nintendo demo reels unless....
0906124_peeping_tom.jpg

which would explain his inability to make out SSB4 characters because he said they were too small. Bring binoculars next time Tom!

AniHawk

EVH said:
If you talk about Cactus, he also says something like "Sports titles bla bla bla boring", so maybe he's not that interested in sport games to know about NBA Jam.

Because well, I play videogames and I'm not interested in sport games, and didn't know about the flaming basketballs in NBA Jam.

but HE'S ON FIRE was like the thing in the 90s.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Red UFO said:
Really don't want a more Mario 64 style game. The obstacle course-like levels we have now are perfect!
The next Mario game should have a combination of both imho.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Those Round Cactus rumors are insane. If that's true, then I can see Nintendo getting back some of the "core" gamers they lost last gen. SSB4 is something I've been calling as a launch title for months and would be cool to see confirmed.

That said, I'm not sure I like this:
Close sources say it’s as if Nintendo is in “damage control” with 3rd party developers. Nintendo is trying really hard to get 3rd parties on board to develop games and have offered incentives such as not releasing big-title Nintendo games in holiday seasons to compete against 3rd party titles.

I have a HUGE problem with this. It sounds insane--sorry, 3rd parties. Make your own games good enough and you won't have this problem.

Yeah, both rumours seem sketchier than an Etch-A-Sketch, but at the same time, I've heard a lot worse- and more importantly, these rumours don't devolve into fucking madness towards the end, like most do.

Plinko said:
Those Round Cactus rumors are insane. If that's true, then I can see Nintendo getting back some of the "core" gamers they lost last gen. SSB4 is something I've been calling as a launch title for months and would be cool to see confirmed.

That said, I'm not sure I like this:

I have a HUGE problem with this. It sounds insane--sorry, 3rd parties. Make your own games good enough and you won't have this problem.

Their trust with some third-parties is really really poor though, and Mario games are perennials. They can release them anytime and not impact anybody. I mean, Super Mario Cosmos, January 13 - its still going to sell 20 million. Nothing will stop it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wolves Evolve said:
Their trust with some third-parties is really really poor though, and Mario games are perennials. They can release them anytime and not impact anybody. I mean, Super Mario Cosmos, January 13 - its still going to sell 20 million. Nothing will stop it.

I see your point with Mario games. Maybe I shouldn't take that statement to be both:

1) True
2) Applying to all of their big-name games

I have a feeling that after this rumor list the reveal is going to be nothing but disappointing on Tuesday.

Beth Cyra

Triton55 said:
Yeah, this is really being overlooked.
It's not. He works for the ESRB so he could have easily saw the Zelda Universe listing and just associated it with that collection. Also, it isn't impossible that Nintendo could decide to reuse the name for that very collection.

Woffls

The 4chan list sounds far too much like a wishlist, but Cactus seems realistic, at least. I'll read them again a few more times, but basically if any rumour includes a Pokémon console RPG, then I'm doubtful at best.

Sadist said:
Thinking about third party lists... last years 3DS list was massive. Around 50 titles.

And they had a trailer showing off over 20 games.
It could be that some of these games have been mistaken for 3DS titles too, depends on whether Cactus is involved in the rating directy or just sneaked a look.

Beth Cyra

Sadist said:
Thinking about third party lists... last years 3DS list was massive. Around 50 titles.
Thats the thing.

He saw these games, but who knows how long these trailers or whatever are.

It could be anything from a real trailer, to a couple second spot in a montage all the way to just flashing a name.

The thing that got alot of people excited wasn't even the game videos. It was the giant screen that had developer and game/place holder titles.

Hitting 50 wouldn't be hard, even less so if companies were porting over some of the big games to try and take advantage of new console sales/nintendo only owners.

Of course this doesn't mean it's real, but flashing that many games certainly wouldn't be outside of possible.

farnham

Banned
Plinko said:

at the same time they will loose a huge chunk of the new gamers they brought in with the wii

over all its a net loss

Plinko said:

it is insane

look at the 3ds launch it benefits no one

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
All this sounds like a fanboy explosion.

If it abbreviates to Nintendo CNT though, that would definitely be aimed at the hardcore ;)

dwu8991

Banned
Games aren't going to be released this year, so why would Nintendo be submitting their games to ESRB so early, even just to show at E3, I don't think you need the ESRB to rate the games.

Sadist

TruePrime said:
Thats the thing.

He saw these games, but who knows how long these trailers or whatever are.

It could be anything from a real trailer, to a couple second spot in a montage all the way to just flashing a name.

The thing that got alot of people excited wasn't even the game videos. It was the giant screen that had developer and game/place holder titles.

Hitting 50 wouldn't be hard, even less so if companies were porting over some of the big games to try and take advantage of new console sales/nintendo only owners.

Of course this doesn't mean it's real, but flashing that many games certainly wouldn't be outside of possible.
True.

If this list turns out legit, here's hoping Capcom will port Dead Rising 2 Off the Record instead of the original. I might hold off on the PC version if the new Nintendo console would get it. (Allready planning on double dipping because of Frank awesomeness)

Uh...
I'm sure this has been pointed out. But Cactus says the "Current" will be BC with Wii points....
Except that Nintendo doesn't use points anymore...

Gravijah

AceBandage said:
Uh...
I'm sure this has been pointed out. But Cactus says the "Current" will be BC with Wii points....

There's all kinds of funny business going on with Cactus.

Brera

Banned
farnham said:
wut

if you ask me that is a nintendo fanbois nightmare

1. Don't care when the big Nintendo games come out as long as they do.

2. Motion controls can stay on Wii, they can sell side by side.

3. I'd welcome 3rd party games, might get more japanese 3rd party wacky games.

All in all, sounds like the return of the SNES!

farnham

Banned
Brera said:
1. Don't care when the big Nintendo games come out as long as they do.

2. Motion controls can stay on Wii, they can sell side by side.

3. I'd welcome 3rd party games, might get more japanese 3rd party wacky games.

All in all, sounds like the return of the SNES!
1. third parties demanded that nintendo reduces first party output especially in key periods like launch or holiday season

2. if it stays on wii it will stop existing in 2 or 3 years maximum

3. 3rd parties will abandon ship as soon as cafe sells like shit and i doubt it will sell well if nintendo does delay their titles for third parties

sounds like gamecube to me

Honestly, I hope some of these aren't true.
The Cafe should not be packed in with a Wii_/Mii_ game.
Donkey Kong, Mario, Zelda and Metroid all at the same time? Not only is it impossible, but why would they do that? Save some of those titles for next year.

dwu8991

Banned
AceBandage said:
Uh...

A lot of the hardware specs just happen to be similar to what IGN reported!

Plinko

farnham said:
at the same time they will loose a huge chunk of the new gamers they brought in with the wii

over all its a net loss

Releasing games that appeal to core gamers alongside games that appeal to the casual market somehow, in your mind, results in a "net loss?"

Beth Cyra

AceBandage said:
Honestly, I hope some of these aren't true.
The Cafe should not be packed in with a Wii_/Mii_ game.
Donkey Kong, Mario, Zelda and Metroid all at the same time? Not only is it impossible, but why would they do that? Save some of those titles for next year.
Even if they were all announced for the same time frame they likely wouldn't come.

It's also not impossible for them to all be announced for a similar time.

Remember Zelda TP came out with the Wii and Prime 3, Galaxy and Smash were all supposed to come out in the same fall time frame yet some we know how that worked out.

Brera

Banned
Gamecube was no bad console.

Much better than the Wii.

Maybe Nintendo should concentrate on a few good epic games a year instead of mini game compilations and gimmicks aimed at the casuals.

If Nintendo have the same quantity and quality of output they had on the SNES and N64, I'll be happy.

Brera said:

Maybe Nintendo should concentrate on a few good epic games a year instead of mini game compilations and gimmicks aimed at the casuals.

If Nintendo have the same quantity and quality of output they had on the SNES and N64, I'll be happy.

The Wii got both "epic" games and Casual games each year...
Not sure what your argument is.

Amir0x

Banned
Mario, Smash Bros., Metroid, Donkey Kong, Mini-game crap

yeah it's a new Nintendo console alright, what stunning predictions

Beth Cyra

Brera said:

Wii kicked the crap out of Gamecube in almost every way. Both hardware and software Sales destroyed the cube.

Some might have loved Cube, hell I was one of them. However you must look at it like this. Wii outsold cube like 4 times over.

Smash was it's best selling game at around 8 Million correct? They have multiple pieces of software over 20 million.

So to Nintendo and to the millions upon millions that bought Wii yet skipped over Gamecube, the idea that the Cube is some how better doesn't even make sense.

dwu8991

Banned
Amir0x said:

You forgot Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Pikmin I might add.
If only Patcher could help clarify the situation.

Beth Cyra

Amir0x said:
i won't even entertain such a thing. my heart couldn't take that
Okay, how about a Mother 1 Remake by Monolith Soft? Though this might make your heart hurt for a different reason.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Amir0x said:

You said it. I do think the SW will be better now that they can match current gen standards though.

Gravijah

Mother 4 hasn't even gone through the aborted console game phase yet. Gotta give it another decade.

Alien Bob said:
I'm disappointed that there is no Uniracers/Unirally sequel on the list

That's probably one of the most least likely sequels ever. Plus wasn't there issues with Pixar being bastards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom