• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March 2012 NPD Predictions - Closes April 9

I got really excited when I hit F5 and saw NPD near the top of the list, then I saw it was the predictions thread and I was sad :(

Seda

Larry Hryb ‏ @majornelson

"March #NPD Numbers are in: Xbox sold 371k units last month & maintains the #1 spot for 15th straight month"

Greenberg just tweeted that retail spend on 360 in March was $430 million, more than PS3 and Wii combined. Bad month all around with no hw brag?

Edit: nvm

"March #NPD Numbers are in: Xbox sold 371k units last month & maintains the #1 spot for 15th straight month"

and from Greenberg

#NPD reports total retail spend on Xbox 360 products in March reached $430 million, which was more than PS3 & Wii combined.

BurntPork

Banned

Better than expected.

Can't believe I forgot to predict. :(

Well, at you didn't have a ban that ended the day after predictions ended. >_>; You mods did that on purpose!
I'm joking. Please don't ban me again. ;-;

further...

Aaron Greenberg ‏ @aarongreenberg

"#NPD reports 371K Xbox 360 consoles sold in March, 13th consecutive month with over 40% share."

Interesting. So Wii + PS3 = is ~556k. I hope both are over 200k.

Seda

and from Greenberg

#NPD reports total retail spend on Xbox 360 products in March reached $430 million, which was more than PS3 & Wii combined.

further...

"#NPD reports 371K Xbox 360 consoles sold in March, 13th consecutive month with over 40% share."

further...

If I'm reading that correctly, we can estimate about 927k units of hardware were sold this month, leaving 556k between 3DS, Vita, Wii, and PS3

Edit: Seems that Microsoft doesn't count handheld sales so ignore that.

BurntPork

Banned
Annual results are the Top 10 out of 12 months, so if you forget to predict a month, that would just be one of the two thrown out for you. Makes it not so bad if you miss a month or just have a really bad month. :)

I was banned for three, though. :(

If I'm reading that correctly, we can estimate about 927k units of hardware were sold this month, leaving 556k between 3DS, Vita, Wii, and PS3

Microsoft doen't count handhelds in their market share figure.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Hoping to see Nintendo's numbers as soon as possible.

@Bass: MS always refer just to home console market share, portable systems are excluded.

mooreupp

Should we read that as better than 40% of total hardware or console hardware? Really impressive if it includes handhelds too, but I figure Microsoft would highlight the console competition as it makes the percent bigger.

Edit: Beaten, doesn't include handhelds.

BurntPork

Banned
Should we read that as better than 40% of total hardware or console hardware? Really impressive if it includes handhelds too, but I figure Microsoft would highlight the console competition as it makes the percent bigger.

Edit: Beaten, doesn't include handhelds.

If by "impressive" you mean apocalyptic, sure, why not?

Top Bottom