• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

I rise above Beef.

apparently so did Net Wrecker OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm still waiting for Jonah Hill to guest host Raw. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inNi04Wa7tc

Yeah, me too. Although, Carl Edwards did ease my pain slightly.

i8ZYtB75NZLxT.gif

Kyoufu

So did Heavy quit this this thread or what? I didn't intend to insult him but his posts were a little ridiculous regarding the Rock/Cena segment.

Yeah, Kane & Taker were using sledgehammers for a while then. They even had a few sledgehammer matches with Mankind.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpkl0pG7Zk1qhgnyeo1_400.jpg
It's a bit awkward when guys who can shoot fireballs have to use sledgehammers.

So did Heavy quit this this thread or what? I didn't intend to insult him but his posts were a little ridiculous regarding the Rock/Cena segment.
No one holds it against you. The end was near when he admitted to his hygiene habits.

I guess we'll find out come Smackdown. Heavy can like whatever he wants, but he can keep his posts about asses and his dirty god damned genitals out of the thread.

tm24

Wait, is Papa Briscoe under contract to ROH too? Because I would love him in WWE too. He was my best new wrestler of 2011

dream

Raw on 2/27 featuring the return of The Rock did a disappointing 3.14 rating and 4.64 million viewers. The rating was actually down from the previous week, although viewers were basically identical.

In the demos, Teenage boys did a 2.7 (down 4% from last week), Males 18-49 did a 2.8 (down 3%), Teenage girls did a 1.1 (down 8%), and Women 18-49 did a 1.2 (up 9%). The show was third for the night on cable. The show did 67.3% male viewers.

In the segment-by-segment, the C.M. Punk and Chris Jericho dueling promo did a 3.22 opening quarter. Punk vs. Daniel Bryan lost 289,000 viewers. The HHH/Undertaker video package gained 526,000 viewers and did a 3.38, which is excellent because video packages to build matches usually lose viewers and are considered more necessary evils to ratings. Kelly Kelly vs. Nikki Bella lost 816,000 viewers. John Cena vs. The Miz gained 388,000 viewers, which is weak for the top of the hour, doing only a 3.09. Primo & Epico vs. Jack Swagger & Dolph Ziggler vs. R-Truth & Kofi Kingston lost 221,000 viewers. The Eve Torres interview gained 225,000 viewers. Big Show & Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes & Mark Henry and Rhodes showing the Floyd Mayweather-Show clips gained 3,000 viewers. And as noted before, the Rock’s promo pre-Cena gained 643,000 viewers to a to a 3.53, which is nothing remarkable for the overrun. And the Cena promo and him leaving and Rock finishing up lost 349,000 viewers and the show finished at a 3.30, which has to be considered a surprise.

Are we fucking watching the same show? they were LEGIT pissed at each other. Rocky at the end was in a blathering rage. Unbelievable how oblivious and blind you people are

Give it a rest.

Lol @ people thinking this was an unexpected shoot.

This was scripted all the way. Both these dudes have beers together backstage.

DON'T BELIEVE THEIR LIES!

Read you post again and how fucking wrong it is. Like wtf were you watching, jesus christ. "Not mad at each other"... are you insane?

Heavy is a joke character.

Shut up dude, seriously. I'm the real deal. Go watch some anime or some shit, fucking weirdo.

Both bjb and jmd (and others) agree with me, they're joke characters too!!!!11 Fuck off. I can't stand getting belittled like that. I've contributed a lot in this thread for an entire year+ and have made many lengthy posts and given my honest opinions, I don't deserve to be belittled like that with some shitty one-liner when I take the time to type out my thoughts. There was nothing wrong with my post:

Oh shit.

He's shootin!

What exactly was bipolar about my post above? I thought The Rock would kill Cena tonight and it went the other way which shocked me. How is that bipolar and different from all the other people who said the same thing? Please get off my junk.

I am FOR Heavy.

I'm just tired of getting belittled. I get belittled in the nba thread, I get belittled in this thread which is my favorite on the board. it's bullshit. I made an honest lengthy post about Raw tonight and some fucking badass with an anime avatar Kyokokuufu drops a one-liner like that at me. It's just belittling as hell and takes away from all the time i've spent posting in the thread, like Cole burying someone on commentary. Shut the hell up. You wanna call me a joke character, take it to fucking PM you asshole

I'm calmed but i don't take back what i said, you're an asshole Kyoufukouku feel free to ban me, I don't even care anymore. I didn't desrve that.

I'm not posting anymore i'm done, forget this. I'll got to a wrestling forum or something, tired of being belittled.

dream

There was an altercation on 2/21 at a show in Largo, FL involving Brian Knobs, 47, and New Jack, 49. Knobs came into the dressing room after the show was over and was telling a lot of the wrestlers that they didn’t know how to work and didn’t get it. He then went to New Jack in specific and told him that he didn’t know how to wrestle. New Jack punched Knobs in the face, knocking him into the wall. Knobs then came back and pulled New Jack to the ground, but New Jack got up before Knobs could, and kicked him in the face when he was down, knocking him out in front of everyone. Knobs didn’t get a lot of sympathy given his demeanor in running people down before New Jack threw the first punch.

Undertaker had both shoulder and hip surgeries over the past year. When he showed up last week it was estimated he was lighter than before, maybe 275-280 pounds. At one point the feeling was that he would retire after this year and going 20-0, but that is no longer the feeling, particularly since it’s not being hinted at. A lot will depend on how his body holds up after this match but the betting line is he’ll be back, perhaps for a few years since he’s now down to probably doing one match per year.

[re: punk vs y2j]
There is an interesting note where Jim Ross is pushing that they open the show, and strategically, that would be the best place for them. If they open and are given, say 23 minutes, they’ll get the 23 minutes. If they are put on right before Undertaker and Rock, and guys go long as always happens, Jericho and Punk will be the ones who have their time cut, and they won’t be able to go “accidentally” long and cut into HHH’s time. Great matches at Mania often depend on how much time you are given.

WWE has come out with a line of what they are calling “Kayfabe” T-shirts inspired by Ziggler having “heel” on his trunks, which at first got a lot of negative reaction internally. The shirts have words like “Heel,” “Jobber,” “I Love Heat,” “I’m So Over,” and “What’s Your Finish?” I’ll just say this, there are a number of people in wrestling who were furious about this, both in and out of the company. It’s already on the web site being marketed by Ziggler, but we were also told a decision may be made this week one way or another about whether or not to drop the line and it was said that somehow this got out due to a lack of communication as a lot of people weren’t aware that the line was going to be released.

Because of having Rock and Cena do a verbal confrontation, the show ended at 11:21 p.m., roughly 16 minutes longer than usual. The lesson here is that people got tired of wrestling. While I found the segment one of the best things on Raw in a while and a great promotion for Mania, the first part of the segment gained 643,000 viewers to a 3.50 rating, mostly for Rock doing a promo. That is average overrun growth, a far cry from the 1 million plus that Undertaker and HHH brought it up for their segment the week before, and the kind of numbers Rock did for almost every segment he was on last year. Cena came out and did his own promo, with the most talked about aspect being when he pointed out that Rock had written notes on his forearm, which, in fact, he had, with shorthand reminders of different thing he was going to talk about. It’s hard to know whether in the big picture, bring this up mattered or was good or not. It got a lot of people talking for a few hours, but it seemed a day later, people moved on so it didn’t seem to have a lot of effect either way. What did happen is a sizeable number of people tuned out while Cena did the promo, about 349,000, for the last six minutes of the show. It wasn’t because of what he brought up, and I don’t think it was because of Cena or Rock, but simply people are creatures of habit and the show went longer than they expected and they moved on to whatever they switch to before it was over.

The thing that has to be realized is WWE of course wants Mania to do as much money as possible. But the world doesn’t end with that show. And when Rock leaves after the Raw the next night, it’s back to Cena being the top babyface in the company. So each week they are cleverly putting him in segments, whether it be blowing off hot user Eve Torres, or constantly bringing up that Rock doesn’t really love wrestling and is also a self-centered user and that he is the guy who will be there week in and week out. For two weeks, Cena has been booed out of the building like usual when he comes out, but has managed to somewhat quiet the boos with his promos. Whether that will work with the Mania crowd, and in Miami, is doubtful. But they are trying.

Cena mentioned Rock having interview notes on his forearm, and cut another strong promo saying that he grew up as a fan of The Rock, until he met Dwayne Johnson, calling him a self centered egotistical son of a bitch. One person close to Johnson noted to us he didn’t think Johnson would go for the latter line because of the son of a bitch implies something about his mother and he and his mother are very close. Cena said that come Mania day that Johnson will be afraid because Cena will beat the hell out of him. Cena left and Rock did seem slightly flustered the rest of the interview. Either something was said he wasn’t expecting, or he is a great actor and he wanted at least some people to think something was said that he wasn’t expecting. It had that tinge of reality that almost nothing in pro wrestling has these days. The ratings don’t indicate the biggest PPV show in history, but ratings usually don’t directly correlate to the next PPV number or house show numbers. Still, advertising Rock in a city he’s never been to should have sold out for Raw, particularly since the city is historically a strong wrestling market. And why people tuned out of the show when Cena came on and was doing his promo is not what you would expect.

Mania is going to be interesting, not just to see if the two of them can pull together and have a good match, which they likely will, but the crowd reaction to Cena, the crowd reaction to Rock in a long match as opposed to just coming in for short spots that he did at Survivor Series, and the finish. What they should do has been debated to death. The logical wrestling side is that Cena is staying, Rock isn’t, and Rock cost Cena the title at last year’s Mania and so it should be his turn to win. But how they are going to pull that off in front of a crowd that came to see Rock beat Cena and will largely hate Cena may mean distraction or interference, which may not be what they’ll want out of the “biggest match of all-time.”

Kyoufu

So your in the miniority with dream then. He is the most over heel they created in a long time. The heat he gets is amazing.

Nah, he's not really that over yet because he doesn't do typical heel stuff yet. Plus the AJ storyline is stupid so the crowd doesn't know what to think yet.

The YES! gif is just amazing though. Probably my favourite gif right now.

Ask beans to do a recap on fermented nuts-gate.

Just read his post on his balls at the sink. Gross.

BUT!

I don't want him to stop posting here. Come back Heavy!

Mania is going to be interesting, not just to see if the two of them can pull together and have a good match, which they likely will, but the crowd reaction to Cena, the crowd reaction to Rock in a long match as opposed to just coming in for short spots that he did at Survivor Series, and the finish. What they should do has been debated to death. The logical wrestling side is that Cena is staying, Rock isn’t, and Rock cost Cena the title at last year’s Mania and so it should be his turn to win. But how they are going to pull that off in front of a crowd that came to see Rock beat Cena and will largely hate Cena may mean distraction or interference, which may not be what they’ll want out of the “biggest match of all-time.”
If Rock is actually going to have a match at Summerslam and WM 29, they'd probably be willing to put him over Cena cleanly and have him win the rematch at Slam.

G-Fex

Are we reading the same posts? The guy was LEGIT pissed, and in a blathering rage. Unbelievable how oblivious and blind you are, G-Fex. Go watch Yugioh or something. Weirdo.

Lies are a part of his game, they won't help him out in this duel.

And go watch Archer you heel.

Wow, ballsy move by ROH, but what would stop WWE from signing them anyway?

Its not like WWE can't afford to buy out the contracts.

There's something in the law called Tortious Interference, which prohibits companies from tampering with guys under contract with other companies. Not sure how it works with independent contractors though, or if these ROH guys are actually ICs or not, considering, last I heard, that ROH was getting the guys health insurance, which is pretty unique in the business.

Hall of Fame notes:

The only inductions that will be shown on the USA Network show are Edge and The Four Horsemen.

Edge will be the "main event" of the show, going on last. He will be inducted by Christian.

The Four Horsemen will be inducted by Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and Dusty Rhodes. It was originally only supposed to be HHH and HBK, but there was a big push to get Rhodes involved since he was the biggest rival to the Horsemen.

Yokozuna is still expected to be announced, but he will not likely be inducted by The Rock (Yoko's legit cousin).

Both Edge and The Horsemen have been given 10-minute limits for their speeches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom