• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to assume he was going to wear a tux with the face paint. Or one of his air brushed style jackets from the early 90s.

tumblr_m9onw034Ee1ree9s5o1_500.png

The results are so obvious though. The only matches where the results aren't guaranteed are the jobber clusterfucks and maybe Bray/Cena (which is only because Cena's been such a fucking idiot with talent in the past).

They might be obvious, but any doubt and disbelief you might have will never be allowed to grow if you keep reading the betting odds and the reddit 'spoilers'.

I guess I'm in the minority on this one. I'm treating it like a TV show at this point in my life, and if someone came along and spoiled the season finale of a TV show in an OT for me I'd be equally as annoyed.

There is no wonderment if people are repeating the betting odds and those bloody dolphin predictions from reddit all the team. That's my frustration.

People complain about nothing being a surprise anymore, but spend so much time reading spoilers and gossip that if something was to be a surprise they already knew about it. Then they go and spread it to people who don't want to know about it and spoil the surprise for them too.

I enjoy wrestling so much more when I'm not wasting time on dirt sheets and insider crap. I don't mind the monthly threads, as they tend spoiler tag stuff well, but the PPV OTs are horrible for it.

Would you go into a TV OT during the Season Finale and start talking about points from a leaked script before the show had even started?
I'll agree with you on dirt sheets as it pertains to surprise appearances/debuts but wrestling match results? Who cares.

Unless someone somehow spoils the exact finishing sequence and any high spots, it doesn't matter to me if I see who's favored to win or results from a supposed insider. You still need to see the end of the match to even verify whether they're true or not, which becomes an added attraction in and of itself.

Nothing is final until the bell rings, dog. Montreal Screw Job.

strobogo

Banned
They might be obvious, but any doubt and disbelief you might have will never be allowed to grow if you keep reading the betting odds and the reddit 'spoilers'.

I guess I'm in the minority on this one. I'm treating it like a TV show at this point in my life, and if someone came along and spoiled the season finale of a TV show in an OT for me I'd be equally as annoyed.

CENAWINSLOL

Heel

I'll agree with you on dirt sheets as it pertains to surprise appearances/debuts but wrestling match results? Who cares.

Unless someone somehow spoils the exact finishing sequence and any high spots, it doesn't matter to me if I see who's favored to win or results from a supposed insider. You still need to see the end of the match to even verify whether they're true or not, which becomes an added attraction in and of itself.

Nothing is final until the bell rings, dog. Montreal Screw Job.

Very true, bean breath. Let's not act like even Vince McMahon knows where his own storylines are heading in the minutes proceeding a pay-per-view.

Aiii

So not worth it
Even if you yourself don't care about it, at least respect those people who would not want spoilers.

That said, rest easy Luchador, the betting results aren't rigged until two hours before the actual start of the PPV, right now it's just people legit guessing.

Except for Taker, he wins, sorry for that.

The results are so obvious though. The only matches where the results aren't guaranteed are the jobber clusterfucks and maybe Bray/Cena (which is only because Cena's been such a fucking idiot with talent in the past).

You're aware John Cena doesn't decide whether he wins or not, right? Even if he's this evil man holding people down (and all actual evidence has shown he's the top guy most in favor or putting other people over who's not named The Rock), Vince still makes the final decision. Blame him for the horror of John Cena being a top babyface and winning matches like a top babyface should, not Cena.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel this nattering about "morning talk shows" is way overstated. How many does Cena actually do? One every few months? How many new viewers from them do his robot PR demeanor and muscles bring in?

This is not something you need to design your entire business based on.

Absolutely none of Cena's morning talk shows "move the needle".

Honest question, have you done any research on this?

Parents buy the shit for their kids. It is important to appeal to the parents first. They hold the dollars.

Seriously should be ban-hammer time if anyone spoils Wrestlemania with spoilers in the OT.

It is impossible to spoil a PPV event, period, unless you follow Dolphinswhateverthenumberis and he doesn't do that until the PPV kicks off.

Sokantish

Parents buy the shit for their kids. It is important to appeal to the parents first. They hold the dollars.

Has anyone in this thread? How much does the parent watching a morning talk show help them to decide if they should be a Cena shirt or not. I think the deciding factor would be their kid saying how much they love Cena and the parent at least paying a little bit of attention to what their kids watch on TV. I don't think they research if the WWE Superstar has been on Regis or not first.

You're aware John Cena doesn't decide whether he wins or not, right? Even if he's this evil man holding people down (and all actual evidence has shown he's the top guy most in favor or putting other people over who's not named The Rock), Vince still makes the final decision. Blame him for the horror of John Cena being a top babyface and winning matches like a top babyface should, not Cena.
I don't fully buy that shit. Of course Cena doesn't decide if he wins or not but I'm sure he can influence the decision if he wanted to. If he really wanted to put guys over I'm sure they'd let him to some degree.

Ithil

I think parents buy stuff for their kids when the kids watch WWE and ask for merchandise from it. I really don't see this key demographic or whatever of parents that tune into RAW specifically because Cena was on Good Morning or whichever for ten minutes.

I understand there's a general brand ambassador required as the "face" of the WWE, but I think people have too narrow a view of what can be. In any case, I think it's a bad idea to only have one "face of the WWE", because you end up with Cena, who much of the audience dislikes, yet he's used for everything.
Having 2-3 top stars seems like a better idea, they can be aimed at different demographics. Punk was never used right in this regard, he should have been the face for the adult demographics in many ways.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think parents buy stuff for their kids when the kids watch WWE and ask for merchandise from it. I really don't see this key demographic or whatever of parents that tune into RAW specifically because Cena was on Good Morning or whichever for ten minutes.

I understand there's a general brand ambassador required as the "face" of the WWE, but I think people have too narrow a view of what can be. In any case, I think it's a bad idea to only have one "face of the WWE", because you end up with Cena, who much of the audience dislikes, yet he's used for everything.
Having 2-3 top stars seems like a better idea, they can be aimed at different demographics. Punk was never used right in this regard, he should have been the face for the adult demographics in many ways.

In a way, Punk was - paraded around on nerdier things that reach more young adults (not full adults like morning shows) that hit a different demographic.

I think the thing is that the parents see John Cena on a morning show and they see his personality and what he's about and say "yeah, I want my kid to be like THAT" so they support him when he says he likes John Cena, or whatnot. I don't deny Bryan CAN do some of that, but doesn't have that same kind of reach.

Morning Shows in America are a pretty big deal - keep in mind each network runs their own at the same time, and here's the breakdown:

Total Viewers: ABC: 5.798M / NBC: 5.122M / CBS: 3.064M

And Sokantish yes some of us DO do research on this! Ya dork.

EDIT: Also you'll notice Orton never did that same kind of circuit - he's not marketable in the same way, and I don't know how he could be. Just doesn't fit his character too much.

We can now confirm that superstar poster of Neogaf, Neo Gaming Age forums, Rafa=FedKilla, at 5'9 and 175 pounds has announced is engagement to backstage announcer and star of The JBL and Cole Show Starring Renee Young, real name Renee Paquette at 5'5 and 110 pounds. This is ghe first engagement for either party. Word going around backstage is that Renee was seen unusually happy the past few days before she finally popped the news backstage at unaired segment taped at the Verizon Center jn Washington D.C. On March 31 2014 Amono Domini.

Source:The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Aiii

So not worth it
What kind of parent would let their kid watch TV past 11 pm on a school night?
Back in my day, I had a TV in my room, I figured out how to fake sleeping (right positioning, slow breathing, the works) quickly enough to fool my mom.

I was way too cunning for my age.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We can now confirm that superstar poster of Neogaf, Neo Gaming Age forums, Rafa=FedKilla, at 5'9 and 175 pounds has announced is engagement to backstage announcer and star of The JBL and Cole Show Starring Renee Young, real name Renee Paquette at 5'5 and 110 pounds. This is ghe first engagement for either party. Word going around backstage is that Renee was seen unusually happy the past few days before she finally popped the news backstage at unaired segment taped at the Verizon Center jn Washington D.C. On March 31 2014 Amono Domini.

Congratulations!

DMczaf

iZHqlJioUxzUt.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom