• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was especially annoying when Daniel Bryan kept trying to get his YES chant over when it was obvious from the start that the crowd was not going to buy anything. They were dead for Hogan, man. They will not know what your chant is!

It got over with those who knew what it was, but those media people are there to report a story and that's it. They don't give one shit who these people are. They're there to do their jobs.

Sanjuro

It was especially annoying when Daniel Bryan kept trying to get his YES chant over when it was obvious from the start that the crowd was not going to buy anything. They were dead for Hogan, man. They will not know what your chant is!

At least Stone Cold wouldn't have looked like a fool.

Sanjuro

It will do less buys because it's available for free to Network subscribers, which will cause somewhat of a hit.

Sure. That is why they are pimping the WWE Network so hard, which people have been complaining about in here. You can't have one without the other.

tumblr_n3d5h0Tb0D1sr1galo1_1280.jpg

Brie and Daniel look like a couple.

Cena and Nikki look like they were told to stand next to each other.
Batista looks like a cashier from A/X.

Ithil

and there's that.

So I guess in the end you won't be able to do a 1 on 1 comparison either way.

They knew from the start they're taking a hit anyway, they're sacrificing buys to more heavily push the Network in its infancy. So WM 30 is jobbing to put over the Network.

Xater

I think this Mania will do less buys because no Rock, but I actually give a Fuck about the main event.

Sadly the main event kinda is the only thing worth caring about. Well the Bray match might end up alright as well. At this point I am not really looking forward to anything else.

I am especially upset about the women's match. They could have put on an acceptable match but instead we will get a clusterfuck with all the talentless women in it.

Sanjuro

They aren't really sacrificing buys, they are trying to change the medium. A specific demographic will still buy the PPV, and I'm sure they have calculated that already.

jmdajr

Who knows. Battle Royal might be ok. We'll see. Seems like lazy booking but might turn into a tradition going forward.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New Japan show tomorrow, who's in?

NJPW, "WATARU INOUE RETIREMENT MEMORIAL", 2014.04.02
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

Lmh0fF2.jpg

www.ustream.tv/njpw - $15

18:30 Japan | 11:30 EU | 10:30 UK | 05:30 East Coast | 04:30 Central | 02:30 West Coast

1. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs CHAOS (Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka)
2. Ryusuke Taguchi & El Desperado vs KUSHIDA & BUSHI
3. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs CHAOS (Jado & Gedo)
4. Yuji Nagata, Super Strong Machine & Captain New Japan vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
5. Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito, TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima) & Manabu Nakanishi vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI)
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomoaki Honma vs Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata

That 10-man could be fun, but I'm buying this entirely for the main event. Liger & Tiger vs Jado & Gedo could be great, but I doubt they'll get too much time. Also looking forward to seeing the young lions in action again and I expect there'll be some sort of retirement ceremony for Inoue at the end of the show.

I'm in, but for the VOD. I ain't got time for that (gotta work)

NJPW consistently puts out gold every show this year.

Heel

I hope you gentlemen take this real-world example to heart and begin to have a little respect for what I like to call Breakfast Television Appeal.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope you gentlemen take this real-world example to heart and begin to have a little respect for what I like to call Breakfast Television Appeal.

He's got none. Not until he cleans up and is an extrovert like John Cener. You gotta be able to show up on the shitty Today Show and be a part of their dog and pony show. You gotta be outgoing, you gotta talk to everyone, you gotta look clean. You have to be a part of their shenanigans and be just like their hosts to make it work.

WWE won't put Bryan on the Today Show. That's not the message they want to send. The message is "We're larger than life" and they can't put an everyman on there unless he's STONE COLD who isn't anywhere CLOSE to an everyman.

I'm in, but for the VOD. I ain't got time for that (gotta work)

NJPW consistently puts out gold every show this year.

Actually, I think they've been mired in a bit of a slump. Matches have been way better than what the WWE is doing, but they're a far cry from the absolute perfection they were last year.

I mean, just look at Invasion Attack. Nakamura vs. Tanahashi again? Yano and Iizuka vs. the Gracies will be a fucking joke. And are they seriously expecting us to buy that Okada's next challenger will be BAD LUCK FALE?

He's got none. Not until he cleans up and is an extrovert like John Cener. You gotta be able to show up on the shitty Today Show and be a part of their dog and pony show. You gotta be outgoing, you gotta talk to everyone, you gotta look clean. You have to be a part of their shenanigans and be just like their hosts to make it work.

WWE won't put Bryan on the Today Show. That's not the message they want to send. The message is "We're larger than life" and they can't put an everyman on there unless he's STONE COLD who isn't anywhere CLOSE to an everyman.

Bryan's entire foundation is based upon how he looks average but his in-ring skills and connection with the crowd is anything but. Yeah the dude needs a haircut to his Summer 2013 look atleast but keep the beard. They just need to splice in footage of his matches and then the message will come across that this guy is the shit.

He needs someone that contrasts with him to play off though. Fck it, put him with Hogan.

Heel

Absolutely, friend. Some people aren't born with the God-given ability to sit on Ellen's couch and captivate a teeming sea of soccer moms. Honestly, I think WWE would have to call in favors to get Daniel a slot on Mike and Mike in the Morning.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, I think they've been mired in a bit of a slump. Matches have been way better than what the WWE is doing, but they're a far cry from the absolute perfection they were last year.

I mean, just look at Invasion Attack. Nakamura vs. Tanahashi again? Yano and Iizuka vs. the Gracies will be a fucking joke. And are they seriously expecting us to buy that Okada's next challenger will be BAD LUCK FALE?

I actually like how zany the results have been lately. It's been interesting and they're working to build new talent as they do.

Bryan's entire foundation is based upon how he looks average but his in-ring skills and connection with the crowd is anything but. Yeah the dude needs a haircut to his Summer 2013 look atleast but keep the beard. They just need to splice in footage of his matches and then the message will come across that this guy is the shit.

He needs someone that contrasts with him to play off though. Fck it, put him with Hogan.

I think he needs a bit more, but definitely needs to be a part of a team effort if he's showing up on outside television.

While Bryan IS kickass in the ring, it just doesn't sell the product out on the public circuit to look like how he does. I know that's his thing and that works awesome with kids and others, but how's Bryan appearing on Today Show different than Cena?

40something sees Cena: "Oooo I'd like to see him shirtless, look at those muscles"

40something sees Bryan: "he's,...kinda scruffy. really scruffy."

Sex sells, and Bryan is a boner killer.

I'd agree that the product isn't as hot as it was this time last year, but I'm not disappointed in the Invasion Attack card - only in the fact that Okada doesn't have a more prominent role, considering how important the PPV was for him last year. Nakamura vs Tanahashi has the potential to be awesome, even if this is the 3rd time we're getting it in 4 months. Goto & Shibata vs Anderson & Doc could be great and, presuming they win the titles, I'm looking forward to see if they can revitalise the tag division based around Goto & Shibata. Then there's Ishii vs Naito - another repeat match, but considering how good the last couple were, is that such a bad thing? The Gracies match will undoubtedly be trash, though. Everything else on the card at least looks serviceable....actually, the NWA tag title match could be pretty bad. God help us if we ever get Conway & Dane vs The Gracies :/

In the case of a tie with the Wrestlemania Pick'em winner(s), they will face each other in WWE 2k14 CPU controlled to select the winner, who gets the Ultimate WrassleGAF Prize (which is a sweet prize, I really want it myself, bad) - it'll be awesome brahs.

The prize is seriously awesome. I'd give anything to win it. Let's see if anyone did the same picks I did...

LOL nope. I'm apparently the only motherfucker out there who thinks Rybaxel get the championships.

You really wanna complain about this and get the whole thing yanked? Jeezus Sok, this is why people can't have nice fun things, because someone cries and whines.

I get the bad feeling it WILL be Big Show though. :/

There is indeed! It's something ANYONE can use, so it's not a worthless prize. It's an awesome prize and I hope I win!
Is it a flesh light?

Ithil

I feel this nattering about "morning talk shows" is way overstated. How many does Cena actually do? One every few months? How many new viewers from them do his robot PR demeanor and muscles bring in?

This is not something you need to design your entire business based on.

I feel this nattering about "morning talk shows" is way overstated. How many does Cena actually do? One every few months? How many new viewers from them do his robot PR demeanor and muscles bring in?

It should be based on twitter accounts. Look at how far that got AJ and Big E.

Sephzilla

This

Showaddy

Watching Cena talking about Bray Wyatt on that talk show the other week was so cringe worthy I genuinely felt ill for like 30 seconds.

I feel this nattering about "morning talk shows" is way overstated. How many does Cena actually do? One every few months?

Cena presented an award at the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards on Saturday, along with both Bella Twins.

Mark Wahlberg was hosting, I'd hoped to see Marky Mark and his doppelganger on stage together but it never happened. The closest we've come is seeing The Rock go from Twice in a Lifetime straight to Pain and Gain. We could somewhat compare and contrast.

It's a shame there needs to be this obligation that Dave gets the strap by August. Assuming Wyatt goes over Cena, you could have a red hot program with Bryan for the title come Summerslam.

jmdajr

It's a shame there needs to be this obligation that Dave gets the strap by August. Assuming Wyatt goes over Cena, you could have a red hot program with Bryan for the title come Summerslam.

Dave and Bry could be good. Maybe not 4 star matches wise, but I just want to see RealTista go off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom