• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
So...got through the first two hours of Raw in about 30 minutes last night. The Taker/Brock and HHH promos were the only things I really watched all the way through, minus fast forwarding through ring entrances.

Is it safe to assume the last hour of Raw is equally fast forward worthy?

jmdajr

So...got through the first two hours of Raw in about 30 minutes last night. The Taker/Brock and HHH promos were the only things I really watched all the way through, minus fast forwarding through ring entrances.

Is it safe to assume the last hour of Raw is equally fast forward worthy?

Don't fast forward the end.

DMczaf

If you missed the WM30 Press Conference, its up on the Network now. You get Real Ass Brotista, and tons of awkwardness from everyone else. Then to end the show, you get Grandpa Cena telling a bedtime story.

strobogo

Banned
iuadSNUiaa1xA.gif

New Japan show tomorrow, who's in?

NJPW, "WATARU INOUE RETIREMENT MEMORIAL", 2014.04.02
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

Lmh0fF2.jpg

www.ustream.tv/njpw - $15

18:30 Japan | 11:30 EU | 10:30 UK | 05:30 East Coast | 04:30 Central | 02:30 West Coast

1. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs CHAOS (Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka)
2. Ryusuke Taguchi & El Desperado vs KUSHIDA & BUSHI
3. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs CHAOS (Jado & Gedo)
4. Yuji Nagata, Super Strong Machine & Captain New Japan vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
5. Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito, TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima) & Manabu Nakanishi vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI)
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomoaki Honma vs Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata

That 10-man could be fun, but I'm buying this entirely for the main event. Liger & Tiger vs Jado & Gedo could be great, but I doubt they'll get too much time. Also looking forward to seeing the young lions in action again and I expect there'll be some sort of retirement ceremony for Inoue at the end of the show.

Showaddy

Just had a quick glance through that David Benoit interview. Waaay to long and full of a lot of crap really, shite interviewer as well. A few interesting points though if anyone wants to watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68M5YXUNxTo

He seems pretty upset that the WWE wont let him train at developmental and for not paying him and his sister royalties for using Benoit on the WWE network when they said they would never use Benoit for anything.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
No, not the Miz. Not like this.
No, not Sheamus. Not like this.
No, not Titus. Not like this.
Ziggy, you aight.

So many jobbers

Not Big Shoe. Not like this.

Sanjuro

Just had a quick glance through that David Benoit interview. Waaay to long and full of a lot of crap really, shite interviewer as well. A few interesting points though if anyone wants to watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68M5YXUNxTo

He seems pretty upset that the WWE wont let him train at developmental and for not paying him and his sister royalties for using Benoit on the WWE network when they said they would never use Benoit for anything.

I couldn't make it past three minutes. Way too awkward.

Sephzilla

HHH and Steph are carrying this angle single handily. It's the only match im interested in Sunday.

I dunno, I cant shake that HHH/Steph/Bryan segment from a few weeks back where Steph and HHH pretty much repeated the same quote over and over in slightly different wording while Bryan actually contributed to the angle. HHH stepped up his game though after the fake cops thing though.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Welp, finished Raw in about 45 minutes. Super bummed that the mania card sucks but it will be fun watchin it with others at least. Booze will be the MVP that night

Ithil

They always do that final "photo op" and it's always funny. Khali, Show, Henry, Del Rio, the Divas, they're just there for "DIVERSITY!". They don't get a speech, or anything, they just show up at the end to make the WWE look more diverse, except its main event scene is all white males (well Batista is mixed race but close enough).

Hogan came off like that Radio Shack commercial he was in. A sad, old cartoon character from the 80s. These press conferences always suck because WWE treats it like it's attended by wrestling fans and not mainstream media. They don't watch your product. Stop trying to play to them.

strobogo

Banned
They always do that final "photo op" and it's always funny. Khali, Show, Henry, Del Rio, the Divas, they're just there for "DIVERSITY!". They don't get a speech, or anything, they just show up at the end to make the WWE look more diverse, except its main event scene is all white males (well Batista is mixed race but close enough).

The main event has a goat, a viper, and an animal. That sounds pretty diverse to me.

DMczaf

Hogan came off like that Radio Shack commercial he was in. A sad, old cartoon character from the 80s. These press conferences always suck because WWE treats it like it's attended by wrestling fans and not mainstream media. They don't watch your product. Stop trying to play to them.

It was especially annoying when Daniel Bryan kept trying to get his YES chant over when it was obvious from the start that the crowd was not going to buy anything. They were dead for Hogan, man. They will not know what your chant is!

tm24

You know, if you watch Giant Gonzalez vs Taker, I don't recommend it, but if you do? Gonzalez lost the battle but won the war. And that was prime Undertaker.

So Giant Gonzalez > Triple H > Undertaker
I do note this in my wm9 review. Triple h needs to hold that L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom