• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Emitan

The Rainbow Road music: http://youtu.be/XiBX7mPyYGU

Just me standing perfectly still on Time Trial.

GX1t3.png

Halo's pretty different each game.

Hate to derail but is it really? I've only played the first three but what was so difference about them? Not saying Mario Kart is an outstanding example. I actually feel the MKs are pretty different in subtle ways seeing as they appear only once a gen but add little tweaks to the mechanics. So Double Dash was very different from 64, which were both very different from the GBA one. I think MK Wii was a bit more in line with the DS game but really they change up the feel and the sliding that it often does play pretty differently.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Definitely will buy, not excited about online snaking though. That killed Mario Kart DS for me. Not just because I couldn't do it (which I really couldn't), but because it made some matches absolutely zero fun.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I still saw some video of a dude trying to snake in MK7. Was nowhere as bad as MKDS thankfully.

Halo is pretty damn different with each installment, within the standards of being in the same universe and having plenty of fan-favorite weapons, vehicles, and maps with each sequel. There are various advancments and differences across the board, while still feeling like they belong in the same series.

Sometimes I think people expect every sequel to be Resident Evil 4.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I just saw a Mario Kart 7 commercial that was exactly the same as the Starfox 64 3D commercial with the guys playing multiplayer. Not good.

So according to FoxHimself, every community has just one specific race type and rule set?

So there will be like 10 GAF communities, for each rule set and battle modes?

Or can a community be edited in real time so if 15 people are on and somebody wants to start a different race type, they can just propose it?

So according to FoxHimself, every community has just one specific race type and rule set?

So there will be like 10 GAF communities, for each rule set and battle modes?

Or can a community be edited in real time so if 15 people are on and somebody wants to start a different race type, they can just propose it?

I'm assuming you could just make 1 community with no restrictions...which would let anyone play whatever race type they want

I'm assuming you could just make 1 community with no restrictions...which would let anyone play whatever race type they want

From his post:

This is how you set up a community room:

You can set a logo (pre made ones only), enter a name and description, choose between racing (50, 100, 150CC or Mirror) or the two battle modes and which items are available when racing (All, Shells, Bananas, Mushrooms, Bob-Ombs, None). No individual toggling for each item.

You can't toggle blue shells off. If you don't want to play with blue shells, you have to choose Bananas, Mushrooms, Bob-Ombs or nothing at all.

It sure sounds like the rules are set at room creation. Changing nothing would probably result in default races with all items on.

watershed

Banned
Sorry for the double post but I'm on my phone.

Why they go out of their way to assign someone who openly loves the series to review it? There's obviously other people who are disappointed that it's "just another Mario Kart." Why shouldn't someone with that mindset be allowed to review the game? What use are reviews if you have to already like the game in order to be able to review it?

I think there's a difference between someone who loves a series, someone who has an open mind to it, and someone who dislikes or hates the series or the gameplay offered. I read the review and he seems tired of the series before he even played MK7. Going into a review with that bias pretty much means everything about the game is going to be bad except things that are radically different from past entries.

Forgot to ask if there's Emblem editing ala Mario Kart DS.

Man, I forgot about that feature. That was really cool.

Anyway, now seems like a good time to buy a 3DS. I think I starting getting hooked on the DS around the release of that platform's Mario Kart.

Awesome art in the OP too. I especially like Bowser's expression.

Top Bottom