• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 Review Thread: First Reviews In

So happy Mart Kart Wii's horrid new power ups have been gotten rid of. They made Mario Kart Wii the slowest MK to get into imo, though I did have a lot of fun afterwards.

cant wait. me and this guy gonna fuck shit up.

ONkGhMwjq5jU.jpg

heavies all day!!!

Ghost23

Is
wuhu loop
very similiar to
maka wuhu
? I'm never a fan of recycling the same ideas in the same game. *cough* Fox, Falco, Wolf *cough*

GhaleonQ

To dissent, I'd put Mario Kart right up there with Every Fighting Game And Shoot-'Em-Up as games where reviews are essentially worthless.

I'm not going to see who reviewed what for which publication, but explore GameRankings if you want. People just favor too many different things.

customization/no customization
racing game/party game
grand prix mode/battle mode
racing tracks/gimmick tracks
which items are fair
easy/difficult

It's always fun, of course.

Scoops

Banned
I'm not getting a 3DS until next year, but when I do, this will be my first game. Super Mario 3D, Resident Evil Revelations and Star Fox and OOT will have to wait.

Christopher

Does it do anything new I kinda got that feeling playing Mario Kart Wii the tiredness of playing it since SNES - maybe a story mode more insentive for going back and playing? I dunno something fresh - I liked the DS one a lot.

Scoops

Banned
Few video game series bring so much pure fun to so many people like Mario Kart. This game is going to be a monster.

illadelph

Does it do anything new I kinda got that feeling playing Mario Kart Wii the tiredness of playing it since SNES - maybe a story mode more insentive for going back and playing? I dunno something fresh - I liked the DS one a lot.

Have you played Diddy Kong Racing by any chance? If not go get it

Amir0x

Banned
i was going to avoid this until I heard you can have custom gametypes where you could, like, remove blue shells, and so I'm ALMOST tempted. Almost. We'll see if I'm in the mood later, but the removal of so many gimmick items for shit players is a start

relaxor

what?
Lots to love about the information coming out. I'm excited about making a custom kart, playing online and:

MAPLE TREEWAY

I love the ambiance in that level. Also it can be quite competitive and tricky. +1

i was going to avoid this until I heard you can have custom gametypes where you could, like, remove blue shells, and so I'm ALMOST tempted. Almost. We'll see if I'm in the mood later, but the removal of so many gimmick items for shit players is a start

Can you do this custom mode against the computer? Or just other players?

Truth101

Banned
Can you do this custom mode against the computer? Or just other players?

When he says custom mode he means communities that you can make, sort of like a private server. Each community can be set up with custom rules and then a code is generated for that community. It is online only.

You would think having pretty much everything customizable for games like these would be a no-brainer.

DarkWish

So, the GameXplain guy was talking about some secret unlockable (not a character or kart) he wasn't allowed to reveal... do we know what that is yet?

Boken

Banned
I don't care what scores it gets. All the reviews sound great to me!

HYPEEEEE.

Too bad I have to wait ~10 days after it releases to get it.

Bullza2o

Good to see great reviews, as expected.
I actually just canceled my MK7 preorder (pre'd long ago) at Amazon, hoping for some deal in December that I can buy 3DLand and this at a discounted price. Am I being unrealistic?

Amir0x

Banned
You would think having pretty much everything customizable for games like these would be a no-brainer.

when it comes to Nintendo, one thinks "no brain" might even be overstating their lack of competence when it comes to things like this. I'm just glad it's a start. Next up: Custom Settings for all modes, not just a custom private server community.

Ezalc

Am I the only one that wishes there was a Rainbow cup where there were just a bunch of back to back Rainbow Roads?

Top Bottom