• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8: first update (+ Mercedes DLC) finally available

L~A

That's it, the very first update for Mario Kart 8, along with the Mercedes Karts, are finally available! It's 136MB. The Mercedes karts are 12.5MB, and it's a separate download (see below).

Changelog:

Adds the ability to access the in-game shop and download three free Mercedes-Benz cars: Mercedes-Benz GLA, 300 SL Roadster, and Silver Arrow
Adds the ability to display the course map on the TV screen during races [Press - to bring up the map]
Adds "Play Stats" option to the main menu, allowing users to see gameplay statistics such as total number of coins collected, win-loss record in online play, and more
Adds the ability to change options of others' Mario Kart TV downloaded highlight reels, such as changing the focus to a new character or event
Changes the default menu option after each race to "Next Race", followed by "Watch Highlight Reel"
Improves the vehicle selection process and saves the most recent vehicle customisation settings that were selected, even if the Wii U console is powered down between play sessions
Improves stability of connection in online play to enhance the user experience
Increases the maximum attainable Player Rating and Battle Rating from 9999 to 99999
Introduces additional enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment

Oh, and you can pre-purchase the new DLC (Zelda, Animal Crossing) right now. You have to go to the Nintendo eShop or go through the game for that.

Prices : 8€/pack, and 12€ for the bundle

For the Mercedes DLC, you can access it from the in-game shop. It's free.

By the way, some screenshots for the update!

iHwGKPzjGnEKs.jpg
idTlmOz18EMjp.jpg
ibAJycdA9ZJDl.jpg

ikg3fwSXvRsg7.jpg
ibcYJmD0FPTyFi.jpg
ikXHI2BXe0P8H.jpg

i4YRtHkRBeupA.jpg
iK8wY2pzihHze.jpg

Source

Rich!

Seemingly not up on UK yet...

how is it accessed?

edit - oh wait its on the eshop lol. I was kinda hoping I'd get the minimap update too though...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
You can download Mercedes pack just from the eShop page, like the other additional content.

When you're there, check the boxes about the DLCs you want (Reggie's probably gonna love this), then go to "See content checked", or something like that (blue rectangular icon), and proceed.

L~A

Changelog:

Adds the ability to access the in-game shop and download three free Mercedes-Benz cars: Mercedes-Benz GLA, 300 SL Roadster, and Silver Arrow
Adds the ability to display the course map on the TV screen during races
Adds "Play Stats" option to the main menu, allowing users to see gameplay statistics such as total number of coins collected, win-loss record in online play, and more
Adds the ability to change options of others' Mario Kart TV downloaded highlight reels, such as changing the focus to a new character or event
Changes the default menu option after each race to "Next Race", followed by "Watch Highlight Reel"
Improves the vehicle selection process and saves the most recent vehicle customisation settings that were selected, even if the Wii U console is powered down between play sessions
Improves stability of connection in online play to enhance the user experience
Increases the maximum attainable Player Rating and Battle Rating from 9999 to 99999
Introduces additional enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment

Cipherr

That explains a lot. After one of the other threads I thought this was out already and was curious why I couldnt find it
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Wanted to annoy the people who are mad that they are in the game.

Zixmar

Neo Member
Guys you don't have to go to the Eshop, just click "Mario Kart8" to play and then it's gonna update immediately.

AdanVC

Wohoo! Thanks for the heads up! Too tired but what the hell I will download and play a few races now to test the new cars and Online enhancements

Just downloaded! Can't wait until November. As excited as I am for the characters and courses, I'm almost more excited for the new music that's going to come with it. Possibly 16 new songs!

Gambit

lol, I feel embarassed to be rushing to buy DLC in advance, because of different coloured shy guys. But I am.

Jackano

Just played a little. So it's available in Europe too.
DLC bundle price is 12€, standalones are 8€.

So today you get Mercedes (3 vehicules and a set of wheels), and the color patterns for Shy Guy ad Yoshi (if you buy the DLCs in eShop) as well as the update.

Man oh man I wish I didn't only play with heavy characters, Shy Guy is of my my favorite video game characters of all time and the new colors are probably awesome...gah damn

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
can someone take a picture of the stats screen. I want to see what info they're making available.

# Coins
# Win
# Lose
Course points
Battle points
Favourite track
Favourite character
Favourite Kart
Favourite Tyre
Favourite Hand-Glinder
# Skids
# Miniboosts