• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 : new trailer

Azerare

Love the return of Rainbow Road and Shy Guy!! Can't wait for this game to come out. It's looking really good!

Tomohawk

looks perty but i was hoping to learn how the gravity stuff for tracks affected game play. it would be a shame if it was a visual add on.

Nintendo have been nothing but impressive when it comes to art design and moving their games into the HD era. They might have been slow doing so but my god are these games gorgeous. Mario Kart 8 gets me excited to see what the Zelda team is cooking up and how they are gonna benefit because of HD.

Mory Dunz

Wait, bumping into someone during antigravity gives a speed boost?

Am I the only one who didn't know this? I knew there had to be some kind of gameplay element to it.

This changes everything.

Neiteio

Wow, didn't realize that was Toad's Turnpike because of how they added ramps to the vehicles. I love how they're modifying the way the retro stages play.

I don't understand why a fucking Mario Kart game is the most exciting thing I've seen on the Wii U. Yes it's above Super Mario 3D World.

Wait, bumping into someone during antigravity gives a speed boost?

Am I the only one who didn't know this? I knew there had to be some kind of gameplay element to it.

This changes everything.

It's been there since the reveal in June 2013 but a lot of people didn't see it and kept saying “anti-gravity adds nothing to gameplay”. Yes it does.

Irminsul

Also.... looks like this stage is back and redone!

0:54-0:55 (If I'm not mistaken)
Should be Donut Plains 3, not 1, shouldn't it? (Notice the broken bridge in the trailer):

snes_donut_plains_3lksew.png

Jagsrock

Banned
Dat mustache!And holy fucking hell rainbow road looks amazing. The gameplay practically looks like what you'd expect a cgi intro vid to look like. well so much for sleeping, time to watch that trailer again.

Mojojo

Very nice. For a second I thought at the end it was a WiiU + Mario Kart bundle but alas ..

I liked the track with road traffic and the moving truck with a jumping ramp on it. Don't remember that kind of gameplay element in any MK (but i never played MK7 on 3DS).

Hanmik

looks perty but i was hoping to learn how the gravity stuff for tracks affected game play. it would be a shame if it was a visual add on.

nintendo on twitter. said:
During antigravity sections in Mario Kart 8 you can bump into other drivers or certain obstacles to Spin Turbo

looks fine.. had lots of fun with my kids and Mario Kart Wii .. so this will probably be the same.

cluderi

Rainbow road looks fantastic and cows are back.

Time to stare at my pre-order and will it into existence early.

HNNNNNNNGGGGGGG....

Terrell

Very nice. For a second I thought at the end it was a WiiU + Mario Kart bundle but alas ..

I liked the track with road traffic and the moving truck with a jumping ramp on it. Don't remember that kind of gameplay element in any MK (but i never played MK7 on 3DS).
You need to go play Double Dash, it seems.

TreIII

Only disappointing thimg was the return of Metal
Scumbag
Mario.

But everything else looks so good, I can certainly look past that.

Hope they've changed RR64 enough that it's not the most dead shit boring track in mario kart history anymore

I too found the MK64 Rainbow Road to be boring (but then again, I didn't know you could even drift in MK64 for many years after playing it... That might have upped my feelings for the track) but judging from the videos alone, the MK8 rendition looks far and away more exciting and better than the 64 one.

deleted

Looks lovely! I haven't played the 3DS one yet or the Wii one to a larger extend. Is it possible yet to set your own rules for the items like in Smash Bros? Can I deactivate Bullet Bill and the Blue Shell?

I have to say that I like the boomerang though. Pirahna Plant could also work without breaking the balance too much.

Top Bottom