• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 : new trailer

Coolwhip

Banned
This is what videogames are about to me. Pure fun to play and obviously crafted with a lot of expertise and passion. That trailer shows a history of 30 years Nintendo games in one game.

Nibel

ibkqp6NO7Dw2Dv.gif

The graphics are unimpressive compared to non-Nintendo games but I'll probably pick it up. I've skipped the last six mainline entries and it's about time I gave the series another go.

ugoo18

elispp.gif

Oh my goodness, oh my damm.

At 1080p nonetheless....

ZeldaU is going to be spectacular.

EDIT: So is it 720 or 1080?

Still gorgeous regardless and looks better than SM3DW.

The way they revamped N64 Rainbow Road is just....sweet Jesus, my mouth is still watering.

Also excited to see Shy Guy, Metal Mario and Lakitu making a comeback. Between them and Toad/The Koopalings, choosing a main character is going to be impossible. May 30th can't come soon enough.

KNT-Zero

Just to be clear, the Rainbow Road they showed on the trailer is just the N64 remake,right? Cuz it looks good, but I would be kind of disappointed if this was MK8's own RR :/

Daouzin

This game looks so good. Super hyped. If this game could include an option for Double Dash mode it could become the best Mario Kart.

Not holding my breath, but praying for it.

This game looks so good. Super hyped. If this game could include an option for Double Dash mode it could become the best Mario Kart.

Not holding my breath, but praying for it.

They said a ways back they were experimenting with something like that but I have heard nothing since.

Just to be clear, the Rainbow Road they showed on the trailer is just the N64 remake,right? Cuz it looks good, but I would be kind of disappointed if this was MK8's own RR :/

This is just the N64 track remade. I'm 100% sure MK8 will have a new Rainbow Road and it shall be glorious.

tesla246

Mmmm baby.

animation129ruec.gif
Love the small detail of Shy-Guy looking sideways when overtaking DK.

I honestly havent been excited for a mariokart since, well Double dash. Love the item holding and the track design look AB-SO-LUT-ELY phenomenal. The rainbow road track and music almost made me cry, and I didnt play MK64 since 2006, so no nostalgia factor for me there.

Also, why does OP say it runs at 1080p/60fps in singleplayer and at 1080p/30fps in multiplayer? Has this been confirmed?

[/QUOTE]

Mory Dunz

Love the small detail of Shy-Guy looking sideways when overtaking DK.

I honestly havent been excited for a mariokart since, well Double dash. Love the item holding and the track design look AB-SO-LUT-ELY phenomenal. The rainbow road track and music almost made me cry, and I didnt play MK64 since 2006, so no nostalgia factor for me there.

Also, why does OP say it runs at 1080p/60fps in singleplayer and at 1080p/30fps in multiplayer? Has this been confirmed?
[/QUOTE]

They've been looking at each other since DD, I think.

It's 720p 60fps for 1-2 Player. 30 fps for more players.

doemaaan

I want to get hype, but after Mario Kart Wii... I just can't. Couldn't enjoy the multiplayer. Too chaotic. Oh, and the rubberbanding.

We all expected some sort of Mario Kart 8 news today, and here it is : brand new trailer !

YouTube

New stuff

New items : Boomrang and Pirahna Plant.
New/returning characters : Lakitu, Shy Guy, Metal Mario.
New/returning circuits : N64 Rainbow Road, Royal Raceway, Moo Moo Meadows, Donuts Plain 3, Toad Turnpike.
Item customisation : here!
Will be 1080p @ 60FPS in SP, only 30FPS in multiplayer.

What the hell is the point then?

Hanmik

They've been looking at each other since DD, I think.

It's 720p 60fps for 1-2 Player. 30 fps for more players.

it´s really confusing.. Eurogamer..

You probably knew this bit already, but Mario Kart 8 is looking like another polished racer from Nintendo. The game's visuals are beautiful, 1080p and 60fps even in two-player split-screen, while new characters and weapons such as the Piranha Plant keep things feeling fresh amongst otherwise familiar surroundings.

Things look rather less smooth when in split-screen with three or four players - Nintendo describes the experience as 30fps here, although other minor graphical differences are noticeable. Draw distances are greatly reduced for certain details, such as the imprints of your vehicle's wheels on sand, although when travelling at speed it is not always noticeable

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...rio-kart-8-retro-tracks-compared-to-originals

I want to get hype, but after Mario Kart Wii... I just can't. Couldn't enjoy the multiplayer. Too chaotic. Oh, and the rubberbanding.

I was lukewarm on MKWii also. But MK7 brought the love back in a huge way. Very balanced items, kart customization was well done, great course design. It's probably the best one if I ignore nostalgia.

In fact, I'm off to play MK 7 right now.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Mario and Luigi's mustaches are flying in the wind. Nintendo is bringing physics-based mustache in videogaming. GODDAMN.

Top Bottom