• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 : new trailer

Jintor

does anyone have a mirror for the trailer not from the nintendo official account? idk why but youtube always blurs the shit out of it from the official nintendo accounts.

L~A

Screenshots:

QkXY69J.jpg

ELx8DfU.jpg

BGtxhRl.jpg

HE1vkX1.jpg

5iMWg1b.jpg

ndAitIc.jpg

GslPaCJ.jpg

O9voJGP.jpg

BymMUtu.jpg

OM4OIRW.jpg

v789xZa.jpg

That looks awesome! This is my most anticipated game right now and I can't wait to play it. The graphics look fantastic and it moves so smoothly. Man, this is going to be fun stuff!

My friends are already hyped to come over with drinks on May 30th and play this.

Nintendo's still king of local play
not that there's much competition :(

Ninja Dom

does anyone have a mirror for the trailer not from the nintendo official account? idk why but youtube always blurs the shit out of it from the official nintendo accounts.

Yeah for some reason the official Nintendo trailer does't look so crisp even when selecting 720p. I'd like to see the 60fps version of this trailer.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

This looks so fucking fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all of my hnnnnnnnnnnnnng

L~A

Yeah, Eurogamer said 30 fps is only for 3-4 multiplayer. Also some reduced details (tires leaving marks and lower draw distance).

Oops, my bad. Saw conflicting info on resolution/FPS, so I left it like that for now. Gonna update now, thanks for the clarification.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Oops, my bad. Saw conflicting info on resolution/FPS, so I left it like that for now. Gonna update now, thanks for the clarification.

Is it confirmed 1080p too ?

Would be pleasantly surprised

L~A

I want to know eurogamer has not retracted their stance of 1080p

My guess it's just like Donkey Kong Country : Tropical Freeze... game is rendered at 720p, but the Wii U's output is 1080p. Probably got the info from a Nintendo rep again :p

MrT-Tar

1080p is too good to be true, right?

Even at 720p 60fps, this game is fantastic looking; I honestly can't imagine WiiU games looking too much better, but I really want to be proven wrong

JoeM86

1080p is too good to be true, right?

Even at 720p 60fps, this game is fantastic looking; I honestly can't imagine WiiU games looking too much better, but I really want to be proven wrong

Indeed. Look at Super Mario 3D World. 720p but 60fps and massively considered a beautiful game.

This happens when you go with an awesome art style rather than chase photo-realism.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Indeed. Look at Super Mario 3D World. 720p but 60fps and massively considered a beautiful game.

This happens when you go with an awesome art style rather than chase photo-realism.

Yeah, Super Mario 3d World looked gorgeous, while it was 720p and quite simplistic. This though looks like a full class above due to the level of detail in both characters and environment while keeping the 60fps. Undoubtedly the best looking game on Wii U.

Toxi

Banned
Looks really pretty, even for someone who's not much of a Mario Kart fan. Surprised it looks so much better than some of Nintendo's other offer- Wait.

DK.

5iMWg1b.jpg

What's wrong with your face?

ffdgh

Yeah, if this doesn't move some Wii Us, then nothing will.

I'll also feel like gaming died a little. To have Kart 8 ignored would be horrible.

Nintendo will hopefully market this as if they depended on it...which they kinda do lol.

JoeM86

Yeah, if this doesn't move some Wii Us, then nothing will.

I'll also feel like gaming died a little. To have Kart 8 ignored would be horrible.

That would certainly be the case. The Wii U flailing despite it's ridiculously high quality output is indicative of issues with the industry and consumers. If Mario Kart suffers from the same fate, I will lose all faith in gamers.

Tabasco

Looks really pretty, even for someone who's not much of a Mario Kart fan. Surprised it looks so much better than some of Nintendo's other offer- Wait.

DK.

5iMWg1b.jpg

What's wrong with your face?
lmao, I noticed this too and I was like wtf DK. xD

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
That would certainly be the case. The Wii U flailing despite it's ridiculously high quality output is indicative of issues with the industry and consumers. If Mario Kart suffers from the same fate, I will lose all faith in gamers.

Nah, it's indicative of the Wii U.

Mario Kart 8 looks DOPE AF, though.

JoeM86

As much as I want it to I lose a little bit of faith in gaming every day. You would think this would come out and sell like gangbusters and move wiiU but we already have had people in gaf say no not good enough 199 console with pro controller then I will get one... so don't get your hopes up

Even though Nintendo selling the Wii U at that price and having it take off would near bankrupt them?

Consumers these days. They've lost the concept of the value of products :/

But I digress. This should be a happy topic because this game looks amazing.

Top Bottom