• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 : new trailer

Neiteio

Aww, they don't let you visit the castle in N64 Royal Raceway. The hot air balloons they added over the super-jump are nice, though.

Wow, didn't realize that was Toad's Turnpike because of how they added ramps to the vehicles. I love how they're modifying the way the retro stages play.

I really like the retro modifications also. It was a great choice to do in Mario Kart 7 as well that spices up old favorites. For MK8, not only are they going to play differently, they're also going to look amazing.

--

We already knew that. They showed it a lot in previous trailers.

The spin? I guess I missed it.

sector4

Aw man, looking great! Does anyone know what the handling will be like though?

I'm hoping for something closer to Double Dash than MK Wii...

Looks lovely! I haven't played the 3DS one yet or the Wii one to a larger extend. Is it possible yet to set your own rules for the items like in Smash Bros? Can I deactivate Bullet Bill and the Blue Shell?

In (some of) the past games, it's quite limited. You can do things such as have shells only, bananas only, or mushrooms only, but that's about it. I really do wish that they would put in a more robust item system like Smash Bros., or better yet Bomberman (where you can set the frequency of each item), but I don't see them doing that, unfortunately...

BTW it is actually pretty fun playing with those rules, even if they are limited. A whole track littered with bananas absolutely everywhere is a recipe for disaster and laughs with friends.

iTUon7B8crnkc.gif

blamite

Wooow. :O

I was probably going to pick this up at some point down the road, just because it's always good to have a Mario Kart, but this trailer actually made me excited for the game!

When that Rainbow Road chime kicks in a minute in... nostalgia chills!

Neff

Nintendo seems to grasp just how important this game will be for Wii U, they're really going all out with content and polish.

Can't wait.

deleted

In (some of) the past games, it's quite limited. You can do things such as have shells only, bananas only, or mushrooms only, but that's about it. I really do wish that they would put in a more robust item system like Smash Bros., or better yet Bomberman (where you can set the frequency of each item), but I don't see them doing that, unfortunately...

BTW it is actually pretty fun playing with those rules, even if they are limited. A whole track littered with bananas absolutely everywhere is a recipe for disaster and laughs with friends.

Sounds alright if the feature makes it in ... There are some items I can't stand in a MK and I would love to turn them off. Offline mode would suffice since I will spend most of my time there. SSB offline sessions where everybody may choose 3 items for the next round of games are quite fun too.

Is lightning bolt in it btw?

Vire

Man the Mario Kart team just sonned' the shit out of the Super Smash Bros crew in terms of graphical fidelity.

This game looks awesome.

You can set the frequency rate of items in Smash too, well just Melee.

L~A

Been adding the gifs to the OP, please keep 'em coming! :)

Thanks a bunch to those who posted gif/videos/reviews, etc... !

Rvaisse

What ...? no downgrade..., how a videogame could look better and better with time ? This is not how things work.

AdanVC

This new trailer and all the previews were waaay better than expected IMO. This game looks incredibly gorgeous, I kinda believe it looks better than Super Mario 3D World and that game is already a gorgeous visual delight! Now after this, I'm more optimistic that this game can truly turn things around for Wii U. 2 months left.

Top Bottom